Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: So the new Viper just wasn't good enough for you?

Warning Viper not for the perfectionist or light hearted. Prepare to be scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Spartan interior
    By choice things are not included. What's there is fine !

I'd rather have a cordon bleu prepared 4oz Aberdeen Angus tenderloin than 1/2 pound of MacDonalds any day
    its still low quality materials.

Id rather have a nice steak served on a average glass plate, than the same steak served on a plate made of gold if your paying more for the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    yes, but the lotus uses the excuse of weight saving, whereas the viper is neither light nor particularly cheap enough to really justify the cheap interior - i know it's not a primary concern for those who buy them, it's just that it's something that is easily improved. I seem to remember those converted to rhd and sold here recieved an upgraded itnerior at no extra cost or something
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

huh ?
    Examples please from the many you've sat in .....
    Id rather have a nice steak served on a average glass plate, than the same steak served on a plate made of gold if your paying more for the second one.
    That explains your attitude on cars.
    The plate makes no difference to the flavour of the meal.
    WHY are you paying more for it - that's just stupid
    Pay for what counts -- the food.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    I seem to remember those converted to rhd and sold here recieved an upgraded itnerior at no extra cost or something
    They had an upgraded fit and finish or something. Considering though, they went on sale at something like $200-$250K, i wouldnt exactly call the upgrade at no extra cost

Wow~~ it looked damn good. sad sight on the interior thou. dodge and chevy got the interiors of the concept challenger and camaro spot on. this viper really had crappy interior.

Slicks, cut the crap. you actually made some valid points certain times if you werent so biased on US muscle cars. and the problem is you don't have the guts like MDM to admit it.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt
    Wow~~ it looked damn good. sad sight on the interior thou. dodge and chevy got the interiors of the concept challenger and camaro spot on. this viper really had crappy interior.

Slicks, cut the crap. you actually made some valid points certain times if you werent so biased on US muscle cars. and the problem is you don't have the guts like MDM to admit it.
    Who is MDM?
    Im a fanboy because Im defending the Viper?

Oh c'mon.

MDM= Mr Detroit Metal
    and yes, not only are you an obvious LS1-2 fanboy, you have the guts to accuse others for being biased eurofanboys.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

South Surrey, B.C, Canada. A place where you will see Cookie Monster eating cheese. If you're lucky, that is.
    The Viper was awesome, and so is this one.
    UCP's OFFICIAL biggest Detroit Pistons fan
    UCP's OFFICIAL biggest Atlanta Falcons fan

Quote Originally Posted by Drift Illusion
    The Viper was awesome, and so is this one.
    Great post, especially considering the timing. I think that was somehwat self-pwnage.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    Oh c'mon.

MDM= Mr Detroit Metal
    and yes, not only are you an obvious LS1-2 fanboy, you have the guts to accuse others for being biased eurofanboys.
    Maybe thats because he has a ls1 car?
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Oh c'mon.

MDM= Mr Detroit Metal
    Never heard of him.
    Theres a big difference between being a fanboy and liking something. I really like the LSx engines, and because I defend them doesnt make me a fanboy. Id be a fanboy if I were saying "I want that car because its a chevy" or "I dont want that car because its european."

And yet anytime anyone says "I really like Audi V8s" and defends them, they're a "Eurofanboy"
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

a possible Euro-beater in GT or Le Mans.
    The current Viper coupe has already been successful in the FIA GT3 series.

Because its a very low quality interior, very cheap, and yes, Ive sat in an Elise. and obveously every car must have the nicest interior possible, no matter what the purpose of the car.
    The Lotus is worth roughly 1/3 of the Viper, the whole premise of the car is that it is a light, cheap sports car - hence the lack of equipment and engines from small hatchbacks.

You wouldn't expect the highest quality from something that is not supposed to be of particularly high quality anyway.

Amidst all of that "low quality" aluminium and alcantara, Lotus - a small company with limited budget - can still provide an interior that has at least some aesthetic appeal, and that has rare options such as "different colours", as opposed to Dodge - part of one of the world's biggest car companies, and with access to a much greater range of R&D, suppliers and designers - that offers genuine leather-effect vinyl, with some genuine plastic-effect plastic trim in either black, black or black with dials and switches scatter-gunned at the IP.

You deride the idea that a sports car must have the nicest interior possible, and I agree - it doesn't have to be stunning, but at the same stroke there is no need for the interior to be utterly hopeless.

All things being equal in terms of weight, functionality and cost, who wouldn't rather have nicer materials and layout, considering that 90% of your time with the car will be spent inside?

Why impress everyone else with the car's "bad-ass" exterior design whilst you suffer with a "sweaty-ass" caused by your lovely black leatherette-effect seats?

Why should you have to "put up" with anything on any $85,000+ car, let alone something like this?

There is no reason why the Viper could not have had a nice interior if they had even put an ounce of effort into it, especially considering its price and aspirations as a supercar rival.

There are no end of cars available that cost significantly less than the Viper and yet they have very high quality interiors by way of materials and aesthetics - so it is clearly not impossible - it is just laziness.

This apparent slip-shod approach by its creators is one of the main reasons that I have no interest in the Viper at all, aside from a respect for the full-on GT versions - the only versions that live up to their potential.

It does nothing new or interesting, and the only reason for its existence seems to be that Dodge needs a "sports car" in the range, and had the Viper template from before, so it was easier to re-hash that than come up with a better idea.

The cars that impress me are the ones that don't appear to have been completed in someone's coffee break, but the ones where it is apparent that someone cared, and both thought and worked very hard at making something the best it could be.
    Thanks for all the fish

the thing would look really cool from the inside, a stripe all the way from the hood to the steering wheel to the rear spoiler not to mention you have a v10 if i were to drive it i would always wear a red jersey just to compliment the car.

and if i owned it, i would get a permanent red mohican haircut, which will compliment the car due to my black skull
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Thread Information