Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: So the new Viper just wasn't good enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007
    No but do you have all of the cars that you give input for? I'm not trying to make enemies here guys.
    No, but you are part of the viper club/forum. just trying to joke around. jeez
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

This Viper is such an excessive, brutal and inappropriate car but I still absolutely love it.

Also, I love a beautiful interiors as much as the next car enthusiast, but I actually quite like the interior of this Viper despite the fact the interior doesn't contain the most expensive or luxurious dials, switches etc... I just think The interior suits the car.
    Last edited by john14; 01-26-2007 at 11:13 PM.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

I agree to a degree - it's the style of the car being as extreme as brutally possible that makes it appealing to most who like it.

However, here is how I would redo the interior, to better suit the "brutal minimalist" style of the car.

1) Very basic, minimal seat, that is basically Carbon Fiber or plastics backing, with a thin layer of a high-density version of tempur-pedic bed material on it, so as to help prevent movement of whoever is sitting in it.
    2) Take out the damn radio
    3) Take out whatever it is over the dash - I want to see the car without going out of my seat.
    4) If not number 3, a nice leather over the interior - not for comfort, nor for elegance, it would be utterly awesome if the leather was not truly, but created to look like snakeskin, or like snakes were "just under the surface" sort of thing
    5) Detail based on trying to incorporate snakes into the car's interior, subtely. Either snake-skin inspired designs, or a thin wavy design in the leather that makes it looks sort of like there are hundreds of tiny snakes slithering along through the car's interior. This last idea would be hard, as it is well......easy to make it overdone and not subtle.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    1) Very basic, minimal seat, that is basically Carbon Fiber or plastics backing, with a thin layer of a high-density version of tempur-pedic bed material on it, so as to help prevent movement of whoever is sitting in it.
    Tempur-pedic is a good idea, as long as the seats are ventilated because T-pedic feels warm.
    Overkill. They should limit the system though, headrest speakers and a door mounted subs should do.
    3) Take out whatever it is over the dash - I want to see the car without going out of my seat.

4) If not number 3, a nice leather over the interior - not for comfort, nor for elegance, it would be utterly awesome if the leather was not truly, but created to look like snakeskin, or like snakes were "just under the surface" sort of thing
    Snakeskin theme if not overdone would be a great touch.
    5) Detail based on trying to incorporate snakes into the car's interior, subtely. Either snake-skin inspired designs, or a thin wavy design in the leather that makes it looks sort of like there are hundreds of tiny snakes slithering along through the car's interior. This last idea would be hard, as it is well......easy to make it overdone and not subtle.
    Yeah good idea, as long as it isn't overdone, it could look really tacky. The owner's manual organizer thingy in real snakeskin would be a nice touch.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    Overkill. They should limit the system though, headrest speakers and a door mounted subs should do.
    I guess, yeah, that could work too.

Yeah, kinda left out my thought-process there my bad. Like how in some cars, you can see the carbon fiber that basically becomes the dash material on some cars (just as an example, considering a carbon fiber dash on the Viper would be the only carbon fiber basically.)

Snakeskin theme if not overdone would be a great touch.

Yeah good idea, as long as it isn't overdone, it could look really tacky. The owner's manual organizer thingy in real snakeskin would be a nice touch.
    Yeah. It could give it a great looking interior, that followed the genuine feel of the Viper as the satanic demon it is, without neccesarily making the car feel "luxurious". Let's just hope no ladies get in a Viper with that leather-job and get scared of the snakes

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    I agree to a degree - it's the style of the car being as extreme as brutally possible that makes it appealing to most who like it.

However, here is how I would redo the interior, to better suit the "brutal minimalist" style of the car.

I like your ideas, they should make the radio/cd player a no cost option.
    Also there is a snake skin theme Viper out already:
    http://www.prefix.com/SNAKESKIN/

That is not exactly how I imagined it. I was thinking more subtle, and much more incorporated into the actual design of the interior, instead of just an option where the color-design is oriented around snakes. Definitely getting close though.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks View Post
    Because its a very low quality interior, very cheap, and yes, Ive sat in an Elise. and obveously every car must have the nicest interior possible, no matter what the purpose of the car.
    Why? It just gets in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    Well, you missed the point entirely.

I'll try again:

If it could be done at no or very little extra cost and added no weight (indeed it could save some)...

What possible reason is there for the Viper to have an poor interior over a nice one?
    It's part of the experience. If someone put a nice interior into an old viper I'd be insulted. Having an interior like that isn't something to be dealt with, it adds to the charm. Yeah, they could have designed a better interior, or they could have put that same time and effort into what matters. If you keep adding another $1,000 it will never stop, but if you decide when to stop, and stick to your priorities, you get a truly unique car that people are willing to sell their souls for (which is fitting considering the devil drives one.)

Why do people drive classic cars when their braking, handling, and well, everything, are so far below what todays cars can offer? Even with similar horspower numbers and modern tires, they just can't compete. And yet so many enthusiasts drive them. Why? The experience.

Thread Information