Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So the new Viper just wasn't good enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo
    ... and after more than 10 years in production, dodge still cant make a decent interior.
    its made of that plastic you get in biscuit boxe trays.
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali
    its made of that plastic you get in biscuit boxe trays.
    Your brain is made of plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007
    The people buying these cars have little care about flashy fantastically detailed interiors. Yet again they buy the car for the raw cut throat attitude it gives off every waking moment.
    why do they bother redesigning the body, paint nice little white stripes, heck why paint it at all!?! if the driving experience is the ONLY thing people who buy it crave....

but dont worry, its not just the viper, most (average priced) american cars have ugly interiors.

its just odd (sad) that an expensive car like the viper doesnt have a decnt interior, im not evn asking a good looking interior, just a nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Your brain is made of plastic.
    ??
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

heck why paint it at all!?! if the driving experience is the ONLY thing people who buy it crave...
    Caroll Shelby himself asked Dodge to create the Viper as a "true heir" to the Cobra 427. The stripes are to honor the Viper' "father".
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

why do they bother redesigning the body, paint nice little white stripes, heck why paint it at all!?! if the driving experience is the ONLY thing people who buy it crave....
    The new design was primarily to evoke the badass factor. The interior is such a small factor with viper owners that jaw dropping design isn't necessary yes it would be nice but is not necessary for the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007
    The new design was primarily to evoke the badass factor. The interior is such a small factor with viper owners that jaw dropping design isn't necessary yes it would be nice but is not necessary for the car.
    Viper owners, in fact, seem to have an almost masochistic love affair with the Viper's crap interior (Though the 2nd-gen was a huge step forward.). I like the paint on this one, and it certainly seems to have the goods. I just hope they've done something about the truckisness... OVerall though, that's hardly what it's about. I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by bruxell
    Viper owners, in fact, seem to have an almost masochistic love affair with the Viper's crap interior (Though the 2nd-gen was a huge step forward.). I like the paint on this one, and it certainly seems to have the goods. I just hope they've done something about the truckisness... OVerall though, that's hardly what it's about. I like it!
    Its a great car . its just a shame. thats all im saying.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Its a great car . its just a shame. thats all im saying.
    The exige needs better interior.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    The exige needs better interior.
    Why ?

Not enough tacky plastic covering up the aluminium ?
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Why ?

Not enough tacky plastic covering up the aluminium ?
    Because its a very low quality interior, very cheap, and yes, Ive sat in an Elise. and obveously every car must have the nicest interior possible, no matter what the purpose of the car.

my understanding is that the elise has a poor interior to save weight - what's the viper's excuse?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    my understanding is that the elise has a poor interior to save weight - what's the viper's excuse?
    No one in Dodge wants to increase the Viper's R&D budget with something so useless?
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Spartan interior
    By choice things are not included. What's there is fine !

I'd rather have a cordon bleu prepared 4oz Aberdeen Angus tenderloin than 1/2 pound of MacDonalds any day
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Y'know, I kinda like the fact that the Viper and the Sebring have the same radio.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I think it's the same as Lotus. It's just not part of the cars reason for being.

Thread Information