Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: So the new Viper just wasn't good enough for you?

I believe the cost factor comes into play at this point with increases in price it leads Viper owners more vulnerable to turning towards the Z06. Although they may be seen as crappy plastics now they are what are used for both cost purpose and tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007
    I believe the cost factor comes into play at this point
    The cost of a few switches and m² of materials compared to the $85,000+ asking price is irrelevant.

Done properly you would only add a couple of hundred dollars at most.

Try again.
    Thanks for all the fish

How about a compromise of an idea, and a nice interior could be a $500 or less option. This way, you can get the better interior if you want, but you still have the option of having your purist's Viper.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Has someone- and by someone I mean a person with the means to actually purchase a Viper- actually complained about the interior to the point that it caused them to not buy it? Apparently it hasn't happened enough that DCX is worried about not being able to sell every Viper they make. It must not be that big of a concern for their customers, so it's not a major concern for them.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    Apparently it hasn't happened enough that DCX is worried about not being able to sell every Viper they make. It must not be that big of a concern for their customers, so it's not a major concern for them.
    Viper's aren't produced to sit in showrooms. They make one when someone asks for one, hence why you will never find a specific number of Viper's made that applies to more than one year (except by coincidince perhaps). However, ALOT of practically brand new Viper's DO appear on the used car market as a large portion of those who buy them find them to be "painful" and "too impossible to drive ANYwhere but a racetrack, normally".

EDIT: And by "alot", the used performance-car dealer near me repeatedly tries to pick up these "brand new" Viper's to sell for usually around $30,000. They go through the process successfully around 3-5 times per year! That's alot considering it is one dealership in a single area.

EDIT2: The average production numbers of the Viper is ~1500.
    Last edited by CdocZ; 01-24-2007 at 04:33 PM.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

As I said before Viper owners do not care about the interior, but apparently that is irrelevant in the argument. The cars are built to be beat period

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007
    As I said before Viper owners do not care about the interior, but apparently that is irrelevant in the argument. The cars are built to be beat period
    Why do you presume to be the only person allowed to speak "for" Viper owners?

You are clearly defending the Viper's interior for the sake of defending the Viper. What, therefore, is the point of continuing?

In Summary:

Reasons given to me as to why the Viper should keep a rubbish interior:

- Dodge is happy to give its customers rubbish
    - Dodge's customers are happy to accept rubbish
    Thanks for all the fish

Why change something when it already sells fine and is appealing to the Viper owners? I am not the only one who can speak for Viper owners I just believe being a member of both Viperalley and viperclub and going to viper meets I would know what they do and do not want. I also believe many of the members here have lots of knowledge also, we see more vipers and viper owners here in then you in the UK (Please don't take this as an attack).

Do you have a viper?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

are many vipers sold outside of the u.s.
    RUF CTR Yellowbird is what dreams are made of

Quote Originally Posted by h22a
    are many vipers sold outside of the u.s.
    no.
    i.e. 8 were sold in Australia.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    Do you have a viper?
    No but do you have all of the cars that you give input for? I'm not trying to make enemies here guys.

I have to say, I like the towhook racing stripe they have going, as well as everything else, that is one badass viper

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    Do you have a viper?
    Honestly have you seen a Viper?
    Your blowing the interior argument way out of proportion.

In discussing cars with a sales consultant during the test driving phase of my last purchase, I mentioned the build quality differenced between Japanese cars built in the US vs. those built in Japan, using of course Lexus as the benchmark, which are Japanese made. The guy said, it's a car not jewelry, it doesn't have to be that nice. What he said is somewhat true but the truth about better is; better is better. As, the knowledge that I was considering a car considered better help me get a better deal.

The Lexus IS250 was the better build car but for what I wanted out of my car; the spunky Legacy GT was a better for me.

Moral of the story:
    I can see that having a posh interior isn't that important for Viper buyers, but as a Subaru owner, I can say that Subarus would be even better and more desirable if they had more Lexus like qualities of build, materials, etc. Then there's the question of cost vs. quality. And Vipers are expensive cars.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Thread Information