Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Step 1: Find Miata.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    we are talking about a well established car maker (at that time) that in 1964 replaced the 1700 cc engine that it fitted into its 2 seater with a Ford 4.7 V8. I fail to see how that has to do with your "eurofanboy" obsession..
    Uh, you brought it up...
    "and by the way Slicks, this is a Tiger, a highly respected automobile, also by so-called european fanboys...."

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    The Miata has a sub-90 inch wheelbase, and even with its four-banger can get twitchy. It's a droptop, so structural integrity isn't its forte. It's meant to allow you to enjoy motoring in the most basic way, with the top down. Now, someone throws enough torque into it to move a motorhome. That isn't the kind of motoring the Miata is about.

OK, so this isn't a Miata anymore? But why choose a Miata to power with a LSx? Shock and awe factor? DAMN!! wooohoooo Dat lil' Mee-at-r smoked a Viper. Forgetting to mention that a few more lauches like that and the chassis flex will cause the mid-section, near the bottom of the door and rocker panels will wrinkle and sag.

Cheap, short-sighted thrills. NOthing wrong with that but when some appreciate the Miata for what it is, molesting it is akin to painting a bigger smile on the Monalisa, 'cuz why don't dat bitch smile right. Or, that Tiramisu was good but its much mo betta with a couple of cups of whipped cream, floating in rootbeer. Get it? Thus the counterpoint.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    You people are way over analyzing this. It's a fun car, that the guy who built it, is having a ton of fun in. Regardless of if it handles .01g better or worse; regardless of whether it's as fast as a street bike or as slow as a tractor trailer. He built it because he has imagination and vision- something that most people lack.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Uh, you brought it up...
    "and by the way Slicks, this is a Tiger, a highly respected automobile, also by so-called european fanboys...."
    Look up sarcasm in the dictionary.

And the ultimate ...... .......

"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

^Thats awesome.

What did it use if not a four-speed gearbox?
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

A 3spd, it says that next to Gearbox in the Engine section of the poster
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

And a 4speed as a factory installed option.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

So it does ¬_¬

Heaters were optional too, I wonder if in the future all cars will have sat-nav as standard (since air-con is now standard on all but the cheapest cars/and BMWs where EVERYTHING is optional)
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Haha, this thread is filled with great ignorance - then again, UCP has developed quite a reputation for itself over the past couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightdorifto
    Haha, this thread is filled with great ignorance - then again, UCP has developed quite a reputation for itself over the past couple of years.
    What does that mean? Who'd you clarify what that reputation is about.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

From who, exactly?

Enlighten us... with your visiting wisdom and knowledge.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Alright, I read the whole thread - got to page two before it was for sheer entertainment purposes only.

My findings -
    - Miatas should not be modified for more power as it would disrupt the universal time-space continuum. They are beings of perfect balance and have zero flaws. Some reformed Hindus actually worship Miatas instead of cows.

- 405bhp is too much for any mere mortal to handle. And no matter how the car is put together, everyone who posts in this thread has extensive knowledge about how the hybrid Miata handles and how the power is delivered. But we can all make broad generalizations and assumptions.

- 90lbs is automatically perceptible in how well the car handles to everyone in this thread, because we are all FIA-licensed drivers with 10+ years of experience in the racing world. And especially because we're all engineers with degrees in chassis dynamics.

- Doing a motor swap makes you an ignorant 'merikun. Because all they do is drag race. That's due to the fact the country is geographically more spread out.

You gentlemen are all shooting from the hip, in essence. Not a damn one of you has any idea how this thing drives, nor do you know the additional modifications to the car. But hey, I'd better get back to lurking since it really isn't my place to troll. I don't want to offend anyone, but after reading this thing, I can't help but stand back and wonder how little intellect actually is harnessed by the members here. IWantAnAudiRS6 - the ignorance is displayed by virtually everyone in this thread, minus a select few, regardless of which side of the "argument" you're on (still unsure about what you folks are arguing about, and I doubt most of you don't know either.)

UCP has really lost its reputation among the online automotive community as a source for information and media (though there still is a fantastic resource for it here,) and filled into a role of SC.net's bitchy little sister. But I suppose that comes with an influx of new members. I reckon this post will probably get me banned anyway, but I figured I'd be constructive while I'm here.

You gentlemen are all shooting from the hip, in essence. Not a damn one of you has any idea how this thing drives, nor do you know the additional modifications to the car.
    but it doesn't take a genius to figure that a car built for 200hp is going to have problems with 405hp, and will require extensive modification to handle said 405hp.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    but it doesn't take a genius to figure that a car built for 200hp is going to have problems with 405hp, and will require extensive modification to handle said 405hp.
    I'm not sure where you're going with this. Do you mean to say that someone who has the know-how to put together an LS6 powered Miata doesn't know how to install big brakes, a decent suspension, and sufficient chassis improvements? Or that the already taut chassis of a dedicated sports car won't handle the extra power (90lbs is less than the weight of a passenger, so we'll ignore that for simplicity's sake)?

Having no further information about the car, this is a pointless line of questioning.

Thread Information