Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Step 1: Find Miata.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    And YES we do have a "definitive" .... confirmation that us "old farts" can drive just as fast and faster than all these youngsters
    don't count ME in...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Henk4 recognizes that's exactly the point, the only construction direction I didn't take with this LS2 V8 Miata project was to design & build a complete tube chassis into it.

I took a complete running Miata, stripped it down to nothing but a bare body pan & unibody, fenders started with very little of anything Miata. (see the pix disassembly before pressue washing)

It always amazes me the number of people that think you just go to a salvage yard find a wrecked Corvette, Camaro or Firebird pay 3-4K for eng / trans combo and slap it in. They ask me, what's so hard about that.

If "that senario" were true then all the concerns of bolting a heavy V8 in screwing up the handling characteristics would be absolutely true too.

The underlying premise that removing any engine 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12 cylinder from an OEM designed production automobile and replacing it with another different design / manufacturer's engine will affect the car's handling is a given.

The key is what you're going to do about it.

Good conversation you guys, have a great week-end!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    94' Miata 2006 Corvette LS2, Ron Davis, T-56 six speed, Ford 8.8 IRS 3:73 posi, Ground control AGXs MOMO seats ground up build

Quote Originally Posted by LS2 V8 Miata
    If "that senario" were true then all the concerns of bolting a heavy V8 in screwing up the handling characteristics would be absolutely true too.
    And wouldn't that be stupid?
    After all we agree. There was no need to enter the forum with a knife in the pocket.

Have a nice weekend yourself.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by LS2 V8 Miata
    It always amazes me the number of people that think you just go to a salvage yard find a wrecked Corvette, Camaro or Firebird pay 3-4K for eng / trans combo and slap it in.
    nice to see some "where to start from" pics !!!

Your point is spot on. The problem is we have some of those here on UCP.
    SO what you may see as negativity/animosity is based on the experience of pointing out to that frist group of people you identified how sill a statement it is

What did it take to limit chassis twist ?
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

It took a lot of thought and application of both strong and light materials to rigidify the OEM Miata's design throughout.

I'll attach a picture that shows the cutting of the firewall and subframe horns for mods. Note, the stainless steel "hat sections" we added over the uni-body frame rails. This was just a starting point.

You can see the interior floor pan backing and some other details on my photo site.

Thanks for your encouraging words, have a great week-end.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    94' Miata 2006 Corvette LS2, Ron Davis, T-56 six speed, Ford 8.8 IRS 3:73 posi, Ground control AGXs MOMO seats ground up build

Thread Information