Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Step 1: Find Miata.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    I fail to see how a car made in Japan, designed in Japan, tested in Japan and primarily made for the Japanese market could have a 'European' heritage... and don't even think about using the MGB as a basis. The closest to heritage there is the fact that they tried to get the exhaust note to sound right. Otherwise... go stand in the corner
    "It's meant to represent a comeback of small roadsters from the 1960s, i.e. the MGB. "
    Maybe heritage wasnt the right word.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    "It's meant to represent a comeback of small roadsters from the 1960s, i.e. the MGB. "
    Maybe heritage wasnt the right word.
    Honda had already been doing that with the S600.

Of course you dont, thats no surpise.
    I would bet that the stock LS2 is within 100lbs of the Miata's I4. And with a few mods (headers, clutch and flywheel) it would be within 50lbs...
    what about the additional weight that will be required to accomodate the additional horsepower. Clutch, Gearbox, Driveshafts, dif, rear axle, suspension parts, brakes......or would you leave everything as standard????
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Everyone against this swap is a european car fanboy, just take a look around.
    I fail to see the logic behind your conclusion but maybe you could help us a little by providing a definition of a "european car fanboy"
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    I fail to see the logic behind your conclusion but maybe you could help us a little by providing a definition of a "european car fanboy"
    european car fanboy? is that someone over proudof european cars and its technologies?
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali
    european car fanboy? is that someone over proudof european cars and its technologies?
    well I am anxiously waiting for Slicks to tell us all about it...

Weight balance is not the same thing as total weight of the car.
    Maybe you forgot to read this bit...............

"Weight balance is essentially the same as a stock Miata"

Quote Originally Posted by monaroCountry

Define essentially.

Don't worry, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here since I like the idea of an LSx Miata, but.. essentially won't satisfy anyone who's looking for specifics.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

"2000 LS1 and T-56 six speed into an already, race-prepped 1994 Miata."

Here is why his car is so light.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

I would bet that the stock LS2 is within 100lbs of the Miata's I4. And with a few mods (headers, clutch and flywheel) it would be within 50lbs...
    That's no surprise. You have this strange unwavering belief that LSx are light (which is true) but so amazing light that they are as or nearly as light as any other engine, including tiny 1.6/1.8/2.9 aluminium engines built for a light weight sportscar (untrue)
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Well, the differences between Americans and most of the people in the world, is this:

USA - FAST CAR = BIG ENGINE = COOL
    WORLD - FAST CAR = GOOD DRIVER = COOL

Many parts of the world have this sub-consciousness of not relying on "given resources" to do something great, limiting resources in pursuing efficiency, productivity to achieve the same results. Look at Japanese comic book heroes, sleeps in classes, stupid, selling tofus, poor student, knew nothing bout cars even if they drift like god, shy, skinny, short, there is always something lousy bout the heroes. In most US comics, i bet that's a rich boy, with caring parents, big underground vaults for all his gadgets, and perhaps a professor staying with him, supplying him all these without reasons, oh, huge and strong biceps.

I believe this is the fundamental reason you guys cant understand why we cherish hp/liter, and you guys would just increase the bore, stroke, achieve huge torques with lazy rpms and slow down the earth's rotation while you accelerate. Although the results were pretty much the same. There is just something not cool about given more resources, it's like given the upperhand before everything even starts, although its the results that matter.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Sweeping generalizations are cool

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Sweeping generalizations are cool
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt
    I believe this is the fundamental reason you guys cant understand why we cherish hp/liter, and you guys would just increase the bore, stroke, achieve huge torques with lazy rpms and slow down the earth's rotation while you accelerate. Although the results were pretty much the same. There is just something not cool about given more resources, it's like given the upperhand before everything even starts, although its the results that matter.
    I agree completely. After all, why make everything reliable, easy to fix, and powerful. Its much better to use forced induction, VVT, varaible geometry turbo blades, computer controlled fuel mapping and ignition, and sequential shifters. It so much better to make power by using huge amounts of technology that are expensive and have to be returned to the dealer to be fixed.

Honestly that's one of the most irrational posts I have ever seen. You're stereotyping me based on my country's... comic books? The whole point of an American V8 is to be something that a regular guy can put together, build up, tweak and tune, using his own hands and tools. But I guess your lazy stupid tofu selling godly drifter is a much better guy.

Quote Originally Posted by monaroCountry

weight is an absolute figure....
    weight balance is a percentage

so a car weighing 1000 kg can have a 50-50 weight balance/distribution front/rear axle, and so can a 2000 kg car, only the absolute amount of weight on the axles doubles

who says you stop at the speed limit? Thats only when cops are around
    which might help to explain why the traffic mortality rate in the USA is about three times the one in Holland....

Thread Information