Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Step 1: Find Miata.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    So how is the Sunbeam company a "european fanboy"?
    I think you still have no clue and i am not inclined to give you one more.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    i am not inclined to give you one more.
    Valid position to hold given ....
    Im not going to be your middle man I dont have the time.
    I thought using the pot and kettle metaphor before would be valid here, but it seems it is too sophisticated to be understood
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    I thought using the pot and kettle metaphor before would be valid here, but it seems it is too sophisticated to be understood
    Too sophisticated as in a quad cam V8...?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

You people are way over analyzing this. It's a fun car, that the guy who built it, is having a ton of fun in. Regardless of if it handles .01g better or worse; regardless of whether it's as fast as a street bike or as slow as a tractor trailer. He built it because he has imagination and vision- something that most people lack.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Of course its being over analysed this thread has japanese cars AND v8s in it.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

I think you still have no clue and i am not inclined to give you one more.
    Please, explain it to me. It seems you dont understand the term "fanboy".

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    That's what I've been saying from the beggining and you have disagreed.
    Really? Because were not talking about the Miata anymore.

Please, explain it to me. It seems you dont understand the term "fanboy".
    as long as long don't show any evidence that you are aware of the concept of Alpines and Tigers further discussion is useless.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

as long as long don't show any evidence that you are aware of the concept of Alpines and Tigers further discussion is useless.
    What about the concept of lightweight small cars makes the designers "eurofanboys"? It seems like you keep avoiding the question because you dont know wtf your talking about.

Stfungus!
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

What about the concept of lightweight small cars makes the designers "eurofanboys"? It seems like you keep avoiding the question because you dont know wtf your talking about.
    we are talking about a well established car maker (at that time) that in 1964 replaced the 1700 cc engine that it fitted into its 2 seater with a Ford 4.7 V8. I fail to see how that has to do with your "eurofanboy" obsession..

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    Stfungus!
    Roflcopter!!
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Really? Because were not talking about the Miata anymore.
    Exactly!!!!!!!!

Its a car thats so much better than your everyday Miata.

The Miata has a sub-90 inch wheelbase, and even with its four-banger can get twitchy. It's a droptop, so structural integrity isn't its forte. It's meant to allow you to enjoy motoring in the most basic way, with the top down. Now, someone throws enough torque into it to move a motorhome. That isn't the kind of motoring the Miata is about.

OK, so this isn't a Miata anymore? But why choose a Miata to power with a LSx? Shock and awe factor? DAMN!! wooohoooo Dat lil' Mee-at-r smoked a Viper. Forgetting to mention that a few more lauches like that and the chassis flex will cause the mid-section, near the bottom of the door and rocker panels will wrinkle and sag.

Cheap, short-sighted thrills. NOthing wrong with that but when some appreciate the Miata for what it is, molesting it is akin to painting a bigger smile on the Monalisa, 'cuz why don't dat bitch smile right. Or, that Tiramisu was good but its much mo betta with a couple of cups of whipped cream, floating in rootbeer. Get it? Thus the counterpoint.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    The Miata has a sub-90 inch wheelbase, and even with its four-banger can get twitchy. It's a droptop, so structural integrity isn't its forte. It's meant to allow you to enjoy motoring in the most basic way, with the top down. Now, someone throws enough torque into it to move a motorhome. That isn't the kind of motoring the Miata is about.

OK, so this isn't a Miata anymore? But why choose a Miata to power with a LSx? Shock and awe factor? DAMN!! wooohoooo Dat lil' Mee-at-r smoked a Viper. Forgetting to mention that a few more lauches like that and the chassis flex will cause the mid-section, near the bottom of the door and rocker panels will wrinkle and sag.

Cheap, short-sighted thrills. NOthing wrong with that but when some appreciate the Miata for what it is, molesting it is akin to painting a bigger smile on the Monalisa, 'cuz why don't dat bitch smile right. Or, that Tiramisu was good but its much mo betta with a couple of cups of whipped cream, floating in rootbeer. Get it? Thus the counterpoint.
    Ditto. phew........
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Thread Information