Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Step 1: Find Miata.

There will be people who would even ask a 747 pilot if they could perform a burnout. . .

And oh.... Dorifto world? adapting LSX? Dont make us laugh, first you have to differentiate what is power slide and what is drifting.

Secondly, "WORLD" ?? The same 'WORLD' as your respective countrie's 'World Series' ; 'World Wrestling' and 'World Peace'? Perhaps our Oxford Dictionaries and your Yale Dictionary suggests different meanings from the word WORLD.

I bet you're a Republican Slicks. "Burn em all out wit ar nukes cowboys!"

In many countries, driving a miata that does sub 3 sec and burnouts, are considered as idiots, and being an idiot is not cool.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt
    In many countries, driving a miata that does sub 3 sec and burnouts, are considered as idiots, and being an idiot is not cool
    Still missing the point.

LSx Miata ftw. (Although I <3 Stock Miata's)
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    Oh. I didn't realize that if you had a powerful car with not so powerful brakes you would be stupid enough to push it all the way to it's top speed. I was assuming that anyone reading my post would be intelligent enough to understand that I was proposing an LSx Miata as something to mess around with and have fun in. No it's not a race car, it's a car you can drive every day, and take to the track on weekends. On every corner you get the adrenaline rush of pushing it right to the limit of traction and being on the edge of spinning. To make an LSx Miata into a trackcar, would pretty much destroy it as a Miata. To drive an LSx Miata like a trackcar or even a regular sportscar would be reckless and idiotic. The point of it is to have something wildly overpowered thats fun to drive and corners well, if not as well as a stock Miata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    No dummy, in Europe obviously you MUST push every car to their peak limit in every corner, and treat the throttle like an on/off switch, and slam on the brakes every time you want to stop. We Americans are just too dumb to understand that
    BWAHAHAHA! You guys are hilarious!

The fact that you were absolutely happy with increasing the power threefold whilst still leaving the brakes as standard was hilarious. But now we're taken our standard-braked MX5 to a track?

And Slicks, you're happy with this, too?

And I believe it was your friend 'Bob' who started the 'driving on the limits' thing, not anybody else. Nice try.

How much tourque does this LSwhatever put out? I has be at least 3 time as much as the stock motor, right?
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Whatever it is, at least Bob's reasons rationalized it abit... just admit its some crazy idea again from americans, which is absurd, but fun and wild. Don't ever try to make sense out of it, Slicks, it just isn't. minivan, underpowered bla bla 15 sec crawls.....
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    tut-tut

Citing ESTIMATED figures to readers ?

about 8 1/2 s for the Odyssey. Still not hanging about ... true,
    My bad, didnt see that. I know there is an Odyssey that runs 15s though, I remeber skimming a minivan article and chuckling that honda's minivan is quicker than most of their cars.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    MX-5's do come with turbo's if you're that worried about being overtaken...
    The mazdaspeed version of the previous gen, i assume your talking about? That thing is still a 15 second car...

There will be people who would even ask a 747 pilot if they could perform a burnout. . .

And oh.... Dorifto world? adapting LSX? Dont make us laugh, first you have to differentiate what is power slide and what is drifting.

Secondly, "WORLD" ?? The same 'WORLD' as your respective countrie's 'World Series' ; 'World Wrestling' and 'World Peace'? Perhaps our Oxford Dictionaries and your Yale Dictionary suggests different meanings from the word WORLD.
    Is D1 not a "world series" type of thing?
    I bet you're a Republican Slicks. "Burn em all out wit ar nukes cowboys!"
    No, just the opposite.
    In many countries, driving a miata that does sub 3 sec and burnouts, are considered as idiots, and being an idiot is not cool.
    Ive never heard of a "sub 3 second" Miata...
    So are all fast cars dumb then, or just when miatas are fast?

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini
    BWAHAHAHA! You guys are hilarious!

The fact that you were absolutely happy with increasing the power threefold whilst still leaving the brakes as standard was hilarious. But now we're taken our standard-braked MX5 to a track?

And Slicks, you're happy with this, too?

And I believe it was your friend 'Bob' who started the 'driving on the limits' thing, not anybody else. Nice try.
    Once again, youre acting like its an all-or-nothing kind of deal here. Just because you have 400hp, does that mean you MUST go over 100mph? And consider that the swapper claimes the new engine gives better balance and less weight.
    I personally would like to upgrade the brakes, tires etc. But that doesnt mean you can drive around the street with the stock stuff.
    I guess to give you an idea, there are many many drag racers around here that daily drive their cars, which dont even have front sway bars...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    How much tourque does this LSwhatever put out? I has be at least 3 time as much as the stock motor, right?
    Heres a dyno plot of the LS2 from GM:
    http://media.gm.com/us/powertrain/en...2_corvette.pdf

i don't get where you're going with this. is drifting not practised world wide?
    edit: afaik a dodge viper won the US series and an LS2 powered car won our series. accessible torque ftw

Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Heres a dyno plot of the LS2 from GM:
    http://media.gm.com/us/powertrain/en...2_corvette.pdf
    Thank you.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

i don't get where you're going with this. is drifting not practised world wide?
    edit: afaik a dodge viper won the US series and an LS2 powered car won our series. accessible torque ftw
    I was talking about lsx swapped cars.
    There are so many lsx swapped Rx7s and 240SXs now.
    Like this guy for example:
    http://www.lukelonberger.com/

an LS2 powered car won our series. accessible torque ftw

It wasn't an LS2. Unless CAPA has put a new engine in it, it's a blown C5R.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    It wasn't an LS2. Unless CAPA has put a new engine in it, it's a blown C5R.
    whatever it was it had 8 cylinders...
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information