Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TVR Fighting back with new super car

TVR Fighting back with new super car

New TVR Typhoon:

Extract from EVO:

"
    Powered by a supercharged version of TVR's 4-litre straight-six, further developed by Ricardo to produce 600bhp and 500lb ft, the Typhoon will be the fastest production TVR ever, and at around £120,000 the most expensive too.
    Built to celebrate the firm’s 60th anniversary, the car will be officially unveiled at the Geneva show in March. It will be built in strictly limited numbers and only in right-hand drive, the lucky 60 customers taking delivery during 2007.
    The Typhoon is the first TVR to be designed entirely by CAD, a move which has brought substantial aerodynamic advantages, enabling the new car to easily exceed 200mph, according to company sources. Expect a sub-4sec 0-60 time, aided by an uprated limited-slip diff and the adoption of the T56 six-speed manual transmission as used by the Corvette.
    Like lesser TVRs, the Typhoon has a tubular steel backbone chassis with an integral rollcage, but like the ill-fated T400R/T440R (just one was built) and the later Typhon (of which three were made) the body panels and floor are constructed from carbonfibre, helping keep weight down to 1100kg.
    Behind the 19in alloys are six-pot AP Racing callipers up front, and although there’s no anti-lock or traction control, TVR is looking to fit both to future mainstream models – expect announcements later this year. Other trick details on the Typhoon include adjustable Bilstein dampers, carbon-shelled Sparco seats and even satnav!
    The Typhoon’s chassis is much longer than that of a Tuscan, allowing the fitment of genuinely usable rear bucket seats, though the truncated tail means that it’s actually shorter overall than the Tuscan. However, TVR is confident it will be even more imposing, with its Ferrari 599-aping stance and aggressive front-end, the distinctive grille of which will be shared by all future TVRs.
    At around £120K it will be competing head-on with cars as diverse as the Aston Martin DB9, Lamborghini Gallardo and Ferrari F430.

As you've read TVR is now going up in themarket which is pretty cool as long as they keep the lower end models

A query i do have is the vent on the side of the car they have the normal two panel vent from the door to the bonnet but they also added a little black one in front of it which for me ruins the flow of the lines??? why
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

Here are some pics:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks a LOT like the proposed Melling Hellcat supercar from the front. That was the first thing that came to mind when I saw it, which isn't a great start for a company like TVR known for their individuality and originality.

The rear kinda looks like like the back end of the Vauxhall VX200 with those tail lights.

And the side view just looks a bit of a mess IMO.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

What happened to the fluid agressive design that we all know and love?

well I like the tail light but I'm not sure about the front of the car
    In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women. -Tony Montana

yea i'm personally not a fan, if they're going for a supercar look they should keep the beautiful flowing style of the speed 12, maybe mixed with the radical-ness of the sagaris. this is majorly disappointing, i don't think i'll be buying one
    Reutlingen/ San Francisco

Quote Originally Posted by TVRs4eva
    yea i'm personally not a fan, if they're going for a supercar look they should keep the beautiful flowing style of the speed 12, maybe mixed with the radical-ness of the sagaris. this is majorly disappointing, i don't think i'll be buying one
    Speed 12=beautiful? Not that this doesn't look like crap...

They should really just put that engine into the Sagaris and call it a day. It's already a great-looking car with incredible originality. Why bother wasting more development costs when they've clearly already got an awesome supercar with a suitable chassis just waiting for more power? Especially at a company like TVR.

If they build this, it will be nothing but bad for the company.
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 01-12-2007 at 12:26 AM.

Al melling (the A in TVR'sAJP straight 6) developed the original engine, now hes building a new sports car - the Hellcat and it looks like the pictues above.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...?f=23&t=272970
    http://www.mcdeng.co.uk/html/profile.html
    autozine.org

Are those pics from TVR? Or just artists impressions? I would bet the second until I hear otherwise. I'll be waiting for March..Feb and March will be quite exciting for me
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING
    Are those pics from TVR? Or just artists impressions? I would bet the second until I hear otherwise. I'll be waiting for March..Feb and March will be quite exciting for me
    i have an inkling thats Al Mellings car, his long awaited V10 hellcat design
    autozine.org

It doesn't look the same...And why would it be on a TVR page?
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING
    It doesn't look the same...And why would it be on a TVR page?
    Al Melling's Hellcat looks very similar
    autozine.org

What next? TVR employing Chris Bangle? I've never had a bad thing to say about TVRs styling until now. This design is incohesive an just plain odd ... if the production car is like this, I will be very disappointed with TVR. Would most likely mark the very end of TVR.

I don't like the styling, however this is just a rendering so I wouldn't worry. Still with the situation the company is going through I'm not holding my breath until I see the real deal.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information