Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: U.S. killing more civilians

anyone else think the world will last another 2 years of this? You can't speak for the troops over there and say they all shoot civilains all willy-nilly like. To cite an example from Veitnam, the Veitcong used to send children, no more than 8 years old with live grenades in their pockets, to visit troops in non-communist villages and the children would blow themselves up. The troops couldn't tell who was friend or foe because the guerillas fought "unconventionally" (to put it a nice way). The same thing is happening in Iraq, I haven't heard much about Somalia yet but I do know the Ethiopian president supports the U.S. actions. US troops in Iraq have to worry about every vehicle or individual that comes to a road block because they have had people drive in at full speed and explode. As horrible as it sounds you have to be suspicious of everyone because you don't know what they're capable of. I don't support Bush and I haven't supported this war since they both started but I have to back our troops, they're caught now just like the Iraqi's training to be policmen.
    If you are content to follow the trends of society, you will forever be a slave to it.
    If you forge your own path and start your own trends, society will follow you.

Quote Originally Posted by DieFrage
    anyone else think the world will last another 2 years of this? You can't speak for the troops over there and say they all shoot civilains all willy-nilly like. To cite an example from Veitnam, the Veitcong used to send children, no more than 8 years old with live grenades in their pockets, to visit troops in non-communist villages and the children would blow themselves up. The troops couldn't tell who was friend or foe because the guerillas fought "unconventionally" (to put it a nice way). The same thing is happening in Iraq, I haven't heard much about Somalia yet but I do know the Ethiopian president supports the U.S. actions. US troops in Iraq have to worry about every vehicle or individual that comes to a road block because they have had people drive in at full speed and explode. As horrible as it sounds you have to be suspicious of everyone because you don't know what they're capable of. I don't support Bush and I haven't supported this war since they both started but I have to back our troops, they're caught now just like the Iraqi's training to be policmen.
    I agree entirely. Good job.
    Reutlingen/ San Francisco

Maybe we should just let Israeli Special Forces+Mossad take over the assasination-of-terrorist stuff. Seriously. They have more practice against Arab-terrorist groups than any other country, have such insanely fast responses given they have the usual crew set up, and some of the best technology in the world. To give 2 of their best examples:
    1) Head of a terrorist group had his cell phone battery replaced with 50grams of high explosive and a very weak battery. The current head of Mossad called him, announced who he was, and BOOM, sorry, loss of connection (between head and body).
    2) They were tracking a guy, and saw that he was in a city, I forget which one. Within 20 minutes they had tracked down the specific hotel room. 10 minutes later, a rocket that produced virtually no shrapnel struck the terrorist-leader's hotel room - he was the only casualty, and only very minor damage was done to anyone else's hotel room.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    Maybe we should just let Israeli Special Forces+Mossad take over the assasination-of-terrorist stuff. Seriously. They have more practice against Arab-terrorist groups than any other country, have such insanely fast responses given they have the usual crew set up, and some of the best technology in the world. To give 2 of their best examples:
    1) Head of a terrorist group had his cell phone battery replaced with 50grams of high explosive and a very weak battery. The current head of Mossad called him, announced who he was, and BOOM, sorry, loss of connection (between head and body).
    2) They were tracking a guy, and saw that he was in a city, I forget which one. Within 20 minutes they had tracked down the specific hotel room. 10 minutes later, a rocket that produced virtually no shrapnel struck the terrorist-leader's hotel room - he was the only casualty, and only very minor damage was done to anyone else's hotel room.
    Or we could just stop launching full scale wars and use the CIA/NSA for what they were meant for-the violation of international law to kill people we want dead.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    Or we could just stop launching full scale wars and use the CIA/NSA for what they were meant for-the violation of international law to kill people we want dead.
    Full scale war would involve a draft and a conversion of most industrial factories into war-machines - sure, this isn't a small conflict exactly, but far from full-scale war.

CIA itself was never meant to assasinate anyone - just provide the information to do it, to a group like Delta Force, Force Recon, etc. The NSA is such a shady and sketchy organization that I would not be suprised if someday they get into a huge scandal about some bloody unknown work, but it would probably be some no-name guys that were causing massive problems. Any real American-done assasination....probably either Delta Force or Force Recon, if we didn't get another country to send it's own "black operations" units (Anti-terrorist units like SAS, Spetznaz, Israel Special Forces) or have the NSA hire someone off the black market.

EDIT: As the idea of amassing vast numbers of troops for....almost anything, nowadays, due to the replacement of numbers with better technology and more stealth, the idea of a "full scale war" is practically dead for a large country. If anything, drafting soldiers in large numbers and converting the economy to war-effort only, would if anything, permanently cripple America, and would overload what the military infrastructure could probably deal with.
    Last edited by CdocZ; 01-13-2007 at 03:21 PM.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

boy i really wish i could participate in this conversation, but i am pretty sure my oath of office prevents me from doing that.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey
    boy i really wish i could participate in this conversation, but i am pretty sure my oath of office prevents me from doing that.
    Damn, I wish you participate as well.

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

what i will say is that any and all of the war efforts have had a dramatic effect on all members of every service. deployment lengths are up, and the time between them are down. not just that, but guys in the navy, while on shore tours, being re-acquainted with our families, are now being sent for 6-18 months to iraq to support the other services.

even back home, the effects of terrorism can be felt. we are constantly in a higher security posture, and that requires more man hours, and therefore you spend more time away from your family. there is a big push in the navy ( i am sure the other services too, but i can not speak for them) to make the sailors families priorities. while this is a good thing, its only in the reaction to us being away that much more. 6-7 day work weeks are common. 6 month deployments every year are becoming more common. and unlike the other services, just because your ship is in its home port doenst mean you dont spend 20 days of the month underway. very stressful, and hard on everybody.

i dont like the fact that we are at war, but that is not my decision. i do nothing other than follow orders. until you experience what it is like to go to war, you can't fully appreciate what the soldier/sailor experiences. you cant understand the planning aspects, and you cant really understand what the guys delivering the bombs and bullets are seeing at the time.

i think everybody should serve in the military. it gives you pride in your country, it allows you to serve for the citizens of the country, and it lets you understand the ideals your country prides itself on. you get technical training and experience, and more importantly, teaches you how to lead. there is no better proving ground for yourself than in the service.

these are just my ideas. i can not talk about public policy, i don't want to, and i legally can't do it. i know this was not really on par with this thread, but i thought it somewhat appropriate.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by kigango123
    so you just go around shooting unarmed civilian beacuse it might be an infidel
    or even better shoot a five year old boy with nothing but a shirt on(no pants)
    with a gattling gun from an aeroplane beacuse he might be carring a concealed weapon.
    Yes you do go around shooting people. Survival is the fact of life and to succeed you have to be alive and not dead. If i had to kill a kid to save my life or my family i would do it in a second. Why? Because I'd rather live then get blown up. Which is why i like all of you self righteous pacifists who think war is the last straw. It always is for you people. So thanks you can be fodder while i am trying to survive. If you want to give your life for someone else buy your ass a damn plane ticket, fly over to somalia and stand there while you get shot and bombed. One less fuctard i have to read a post by who figured out how to use the damn internet.

And you know what? I''m glad we are going to get oil from iraq now. That means my country can keep running and moving along like it should. So say what you want but that oil is your life line just as much as it is mine. If you don't like how the ocuntry operates vote or leave!!

Where's Fleet 500 when you need him?
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    Where's Fleet 500 when you need him?
    He isn't need; he'll only make things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by speednine
    Yes you do go around shooting people. Survival is the fact of life and to succeed you have to be alive and not dead. If i had to kill a kid to save my life or my family i would do it in a second. Why? Because I'd rather live then get blown up. Which is why i like all of you self righteous pacifists who think war is the last straw. It always is for you people. So thanks you can be fodder while i am trying to survive. If you want to give your life for someone else buy your ass a damn plane ticket, fly over to somalia and stand there while you get shot and bombed. One less fuctard i have to read a post by who figured out how to use the damn internet.

And you know what? I''m glad we are going to get oil from iraq now. That means my country can keep running and moving along like it should. So say what you want but that oil is your life line just as much as it is mine. If you don't like how the ocuntry operates vote or leave!!
    Pure, blind, hypocritical nationalism.
    If you are content to follow the trends of society, you will forever be a slave to it.
    If you forge your own path and start your own trends, society will follow you.

Vote to impeach. Hey its a start.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

right, we voted and we got outvoted through questionable means. oh well.

War IS the last straw. It's eating up our budget and deepening our debt.

However, I don't feel emotion for those people who bitch that their soldier son/friend died, because, hey- they signed the contract, we didn't lie, they chose to join the Army to defend the nation.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Be careful fellow fuctards

You are advised to use caution before proffering negative comment on America's inalienable self-right to attack & destroy whomever it wants, whenever it decides, wherever it wishes, for whatever reason it chooses

To do so may be taken as deep personal insult by our overlords, attracting slurs of perpertrating anti-Americanism or, horror of horors, being un-American

Thread Information