Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gallardo Test Runs 170 Mph

Gallardo Test Runs 170 Mph

NICE.
    http://q8speed.com/links/download.php?file=7
    Attached Images Attached Images

How is driving on a public road at 170 mph nice?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    How is driving on a public road at 170 mph nice?
    You gotta admit, it does give a kick to drive 200km/h on the Autobahn. I am sure you have tried that out once or twice

However 170 mph is just irresponsible on the public roads. I'm very glad I am not one of the guys that scrape intestines of trees

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    You gotta admit, it does give a kick to drive 200km/h on the Autobahn. I am sure you have tried that out once or twice

However 170 mph is just irresponsible on the public roads. I'm very glad I am not one of the guys that scrape intestines of trees
    There is a distinct difference between the autobahn and a two-lane road. Furthermore anything over 200 km/h is really rediculous and dangerous, even on the autobahn.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    There is a distinct difference between the autobahn and a two-lane road. Furthermore anything over 200 km/h is really rediculous and dangerous, even on the autobahn.
    True. However on certain sections at night, most people drive about 200.The Germans are just a bit more used to it, I guess.

Not to speak about Italy Driving under 200 on the Autostrada is very risky

Not to speak about Italy Driving under 200 on the Autostrada is very risky
    Not only very risky, but rather unthinkable... This summer while driving across Italy I got overtaken by a truck... and I was doing 140km/h...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

haha lol^^^ Those trucks must have supercharged AMG's or somethin

damnn 170 is crazy stuff
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by Gtek-i
    haha lol^^^ Those trucks must have supercharged AMG's or somethin
    no the white van brigade in Europe drives 2.5-3 litre TDi engines, tuned up to 200 BHP....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

so we are agreed that it doesn't look like 170mph. overall a bit of ned film.
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    no the white van brigade in Europe drives 2.5-3 litre TDi engines, tuned up to 200 BHP....
    What I meant by truck was a trailer, a pretty big at that. It was pretty damn scary since it was a quite narrow 2-lane twisty italian motorway. What I did was react the italian way, just put my foot down to leave the truck behind...
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    What I meant by truck was a trailer, a pretty big at that. It was pretty damn scary since it was a quite narrow 2-lane twisty italian motorway. What I did was react the italian way, just put my foot down to leave the truck behind...
    Sounds Italian

I cant forget the way we drove our C5 In verbania near our hotel was a big roundabout. As you know,most cars are tiny FIAT's My dad just used the horn, throttle and hoped for the best I couldnt stop laughing every time we pased there

On the motorway, everything over 200 km/h is not a FIAT,thus needs to earn respect by bumper-sticking on the FIAT's going all over the road

Damn, i have such good memories of that country !

Sounds Italian

I cant forget the way we drove our C5 In verbania near our hotel was a big roundabout. As you know,most cars are tiny FIAT's My dad just used the horn, throttle and hoped for the best I couldnt stop laughing every time we pased there

On the motorway, everything over 200 km/h is not a FIAT,thus needs to earn respect by bumper-sticking on the FIAT's going all over the road

Damn, i have such good memories of that country !
    Well they say that the only speed limit in Italy is the topspeed of your car. I think this is true. I saw many tiny little Fiats (almost all with some bent bodypanels) doing at least 150km/h. And that's without talking about the bigger Alfa Romeos and Lancias which exceed this speed easily.

I will always remeber the day we arrived in Rome and left the car in the hotel's underground car park. When we arrived we saw a little old lady, which we we thought was in charge of the car park. But she wasn't. Shouting to a man a called Roberto she told him that we had arrived, apparently then she was a costumer. Guess what she drove? A Fiat Seicento? No. A 2.5-litre 190bhp V6 engined Alfa Romeo 166. That's the kind of italian woman that overtakes you in the motorway doing 230km/h...

I absolutely love Italy. If ever had to leave Catalunya, Italy would be my first choice, that's for sure.
    Visca Catalunya!

True. However on certain sections at night, most people drive about 200.The Germans are just a bit more used to it, I guess.
    My friend's dad in Germany knew a wealthy business owner in the very early 90's who had a Porsche 959. On some days he would take it out at 3 in the morning and go on highspeed runs of 300km/h. That was how he had his fun. Unfortunately he died in a plane crash a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    I will always remeber the day we arrived in Rome and left the car in the hotel's underground car park. When we arrived we saw a little old lady, which we we thought was in charge of the car park. But she wasn't. Shouting to a man a called Roberto she told him that we had arrived, apparently then she was a costumer. Guess what she drove? A Fiat Seicento? No. A 2.5-litre 190bhp V6 engined Alfa Romeo 166. That's the kind of italian woman that overtakes you in the motorway doing 230km/h...

I absolutely love Italy. If ever had to leave Catalunya, Italy would be my first choice, that's for sure.
    Haha that is so typical indeed If I had to leave, i'd prefer Italy too. However Germany isnt too bad either. Atleast it is much better then this ****ing country

Thread Information