Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: kingofthering gets screwed by Nissan

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    I'm going to make an English muffin for breakfast tomorrow.

Which brings up an interesting point. What do the Brits call an English muffin? They can't just call it a muffin, since a muffin is a completely different kind of breakfast food.
    Okay, so here's the score. I've just googled English muffins and I can honestly say that I've never knowingly seen one of these English muffins before.

According to wikipedia (a phrase I'm uncomfortable using), they're called English muffins cos the first guy to start selling them in america was English.

You can probably get them over here, but they're not very common, not as far as I know, anyway.

That said, there's plenty of coffee shops that do eggs benedict over here, so I guess there's some on this island somewhere.

Edit: Here's a thought. Is american idol actually called american idol in america? Or is it just pop idol, like over here?
    Last edited by VtecMini; 01-15-2007 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini
    Edit: Here's a thought. Is american idol actually called american idol in america? Or is it just pop idol, like over here?
    It's called American Idol, the reason it's called Pop Idol in the UK is because the concept started there.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    I'm going to make an English muffin for breakfast tomorrow.

Which brings up an interesting point. What do the Brits call an English muffin? They can't just call it a muffin, since a muffin is a completely different kind of breakfast food.
    An English muffin is really little more than what we in America call a biscuit. Of course, ask for biscuits and gravy in the U.K., and you'll probably wind up in jail.

What they call biscuits over there are, in fact, crackers. And the word "crackers" over there are actually refers to a large monster that emerges from King Arthur's crypt to attacks Wales for a couple days ever six or seven years.

Muffins over here would be, ****, I don't know, cupcakes to you Brits? And do you even have gravy? Surely every Western civilization has discovered the benefits of gravy by now. Hell, Arkansan culture is largely built upon gravy.

And you Brits can help me out with this one: What in God's name is spotted dick? Is that name supposed to be ironic somehow? If we served a dessert over here called spotted dick, we'd get our cafes shut down.

Oh, bummer about not getting your Sentra DVD. Party foul.
    I'm erudite ;-)

for someone who names himself Kingofthering, you should try to use it's corrrect name instead of calling it nuerburgring

its Nürburgring, and nothing else
    Driver for Ultimatecarpage.competition
    Team Manager of Ultimatecarpage.competition

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    Team Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League
    Team Champion ZAC3 League

Sorry, Roy, but in the English language the use of "ue" for U umlaut is an accepted norm
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Sorry, Roy, but in the English language the use of "ue" for U umlaut is an accepted norm
    awww, it looks so weird, and i doubt it makes it easier for you guys to prenounce it

im geussing:

New urr burgerking

hehehhe
    Driver for Ultimatecarpage.competition
    Team Manager of Ultimatecarpage.competition

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    Team Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League
    Team Champion ZAC3 League

Quote Originally Posted by PoRsChEnUt
    awww, it looks so weird, and i doubt it makes it easier for you guys to prenounce it

im geussing:

New urr burgerking

hehehhe
    Some of us have very good prOnunciation

Even my Dutch was complimented -- it's easy for Scots !!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Over half a year later, the DVD came.

I'll watch it later and bitch about it.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I watched it twice.

Good footage, but the camera work needed a major overhaul. The bumper cam didn't turn when the car turned; it only pointed at the inside of the corner, giving the viewer the feeling of oh s**T maD OvERSTEERz. As if that wasn't worse, they split the cameras into 3 parts- the top 2 showed outside footage that was beautifully done, and the majority was dedicated to the in-car cam, which, although exciting, wasn't as cool.

As for the music, it sounded like trashy rave techno mixed with an air-raid siren and the producers threw in a Daft Punk CD for good measure. Sadly, instead of car sounds, this was playing non-stop for the whole 10-min lap with muffled engine noise.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

that's lame

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Germapwn3d
    "He who has overcome his fears will truly be free."

Thread Information