Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari (F1-2007) F2007

If Kimi Raikonen and Felipe Massa have half the work ethic and understanding of the car behaviour as Schumi, Ferrari will dominate F1 again this year...

However, I'm afraid that Kimi is more a pure driver than the total overall package that Schumi was. I don't believe he ever be the great motivator that Michael was...

I'm at the impresion that F1 has become a kid's video game and not the world of real man drivers it used to be...

Thank God they got rid of the hideous white, it really ruined the whole look.

And since this whole topic turned a bit to the sponsors: how do you people feel about the fact that tobacco advertising is prohibited and that alcohol advertising is legal?

IMO it's a bit weird that the FIA doesn't seem to mind that the alcohol advertisement is associated with driving. After all: alcohol still is one of the biggest causes of deaths in traffic.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo

And since this whole topic turned a bit to the sponsors: how do you people feel about the fact that tobacco advertising is prohibited and that alcohol advertising is legal?

IMO it's a bit weird that the FIA doesn't seem to mind that the alcohol advertisement is associated with driving. After all: alcohol still is one of the biggest causes of deaths in traffic.
    Tobacco companies have been major sponsors of F1 for ages... Maybe this is the age of the alcohol beverage companies... I don't believe that sponsorship and drinking and driving are related... but it's just my opinion... Anyway, these companies always find avenues to advertise themselves. It's just that F1 is the top way image-wise to promote a brand or product...

What I'm looking for is a much more attractive way that teams should decorate their cars (still remember the beautiful JPS lotuses)...

I quite like it. I think it looks good and its time for Kimi to start dominating.

The FIA aren't the ones that started the ban on tobacco. If I remember correctly a ban on alchohol ads will be introduced soon as well.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    The FIA aren't the ones that started the ban on tobacco.
    Who are then responsible for the bans? I really thought it was the FIA...

EDIT- Now I remember: it were the local governments, right?
    Last edited by jorismo; 01-15-2007 at 05:02 AM.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Who are then responsible for the bans? I really thought it was the FIA...

EDIT- Now I remember: it were the local governments, right?
    To be more precise it was the European Union.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    I too was under the impression that Marlboro/Philip Morris was still a principle sponsor, but there are all sorts of legal complications regarding tobacco promotion in the EU and beyond. Maybe that's what is stopping Ferrari from listing them on their website.

Vodafone has been replaced by the Telecom Italia group as the other main sponsor. Their main colour is also red, which is handy. In Europe their biggest division is "Alice" which you can clearly see advertised here. Telecom Italia also control the TIM brand in South America, so I guess the exact livery could change for certain races.
    As far as I know, its still Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro, but thanks to the EU, it cant be advertised. Vodafone, I believe, are tiitle sponsors with Mclaren, as (from wat i read) Marlboro refused to let Vodafone acquire title sponsor status with Ferrari.

Correct me if i'm wrong, weren't TIM pre-Vodafone era Ferrari sponsors?
    .... preparing for life after Michael

Lets not forget Mubadala... who own a 5% stake in Ferrari they purchased from Mediobanca Italia
    .... preparing for life after Michael

Are there any new photos or movieclips of todays Ferrari F2007 Shakedown on Fiorano?

the "new color scheme is beautiful. a little bit more yellow wouldnt hurt either
    Ferrari will be WCC. Whoever wins the WDC will be from the Scuderia.........Yet who?

Quote Originally Posted by EL Nino
    Are there any new photos or movieclips of todays Ferrari F2007 Shakedown on Fiorano?
    There are a few pics here, but bad weather seems to have hampered the shakedown test. By the looks of this Massa spent half the time on the wet grass! http://www.f1racing.net/en/gallery.php?catID=2206
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

love the colours on this. very happy they got rid of the dominant white.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    To be more precise it was the European Union.
    wrong. i mean, partly true, but that would be manipulation

the local goverments are responsible for it and EU is one of them

just to remind y'all marlboro is still ferrari's sponsor (they have agreement till 2011)

still, i'm so confused with that ALICE thing? does anyone know what's that?

some hi-res pics of todays fiorano testing on my website - http://www.scuderiaferrari.pl/modele...07/zdjecia.php
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi
    still, i'm so confused with that ALICE thing? does anyone know what's that?
    "Alice" is a division of Telecom Italia who are now one of Ferrari's principle sponsors, taking the place of Vodafone.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Thread Information