Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: gto or 350z

I think it depends on you. The 350Z is sort of on the heavy side, but it's an altogether better product than the GTO. But, based on power, the GTO is way better.

thanks

Thanks you guys. Your thoughts have definetely made my decision easier. I felt the power of a v8 from a 2001 trans am. I was hooked. Thats why i asked about the gto against a nissan 350z. Even with the 350z suped up can it out do the gto? I wanted that power. I like the nissan 350z because to me it is a cooler looking car with a kit and I hope that I can achieve close to the gto's horsepower with engine work. I've wishe over a thousand times that american cars would acheive the same great-stylish looks as foreign cars because they already have the power. The gto is a great looking car but not as sleek and stylish as the 350z.

so the gto is all around better than the 350z?

Quote Originally Posted by rgibbs205
    Thats why i asked about the gto against a nissan 350z. Even with the 350z suped up can it out do the gto?
    that's a silly question. of course it can. depends on how much you want to spend.... the GTO will be much easier and cheaper to get more power out of.
    I've wishe over a thousand times that american cars would acheive the same great-stylish looks as foreign cars because they already have the power.
    the Monaro was a stylish looking car until pontiac uglified it.
    The gto is a great looking car but not as sleek and stylish as the 350z.

i guess it's personal preference, but i find the 350Z design a bit awkward from certain angles..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

thanks

Thanks you guys. You all have really educated me on the two vehicles but please don't stop there, ok. I know that were running out of things to say about these to cars if we haven't already, but educate me as much more as you like.
    Last edited by rgibbs205; 01-14-2007 at 05:20 PM.

Thanks you guys. Your thoughts have definetely made my decision easier. I felt the power of a v8 from a 2001 trans am. I was hooked. Thats why i asked about the gto against a nissan 350z. Even with the 350z suped up can it out do the gto? I wanted that power. I like the nissan 350z because to me it is a cooler looking car with a kit and I hope that I can achieve close to the gto's horsepower with engine work. I've wishe over a thousand times that american cars would acheive the same great-stylish looks as foreign cars because they already have the power. The gto is a great looking car but not as sleek and stylish as the 350z.
    1.) Any engine can be tuned for some high power, but it takes money. The GTO would be easier, and less expencive to get high hp than a 350Z, it has a larger aftermarket (thanks to sharing the LS1/LS2).
    2.) The GTO is as much "American" as the 350Z is. It's a Holden Monaro(australian car) with a pontiac grille.
    3.)Please dont put any nasty body kits on your cars... ugh so tacky...

How much do you exactly have to spend? You can get a used C5 Z06 for under $30,000, 405hp LS6 and 3100lbs, it would run circles around these two cars.

so the gto is all around better than the 350z?
    Go test drive both cars and decide which is better for you.

dude, no offence, but i really don't think you wanna base the purchase of an automobile off of a low-budget movie on japanese drifting. go test drive them both (preferrably without drifting), and see which one fits YOU better, not which fits movie actors
    Reutlingen/ San Francisco

Thanks you guys. You all have really educated me on the two vehicles but please don't stop there, ok. I know that were running out of things to say about these to cars if we haven't already, but educate me as much more as you like.
    uh..you can find the full specs of both cars on this very website. But as the others say, test drive both before deciding
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

there's a 640hp twin turbo c5 corvette z06 selling for about 50,000-60,000 cant be bothered to find the ad

Hmmm, me thinks its a 14yo asking the questions here. So a test drive might not be wise hehe. I hate Fast and the furious movies.... ****en ricer shit. Id buy the GTO, and pull all those god damn pigdog ugly spoilers and that lame arse nostril vented bonnet off it. Pontiac MURDERED the Monaro. They are a good, reliable, fast, and without the stupid body kit, a sexy looking piece of machinery. The 350 looks like a mutant cross between a celica and a daihatsu sirion... I imagine it goes like a piece of shit off a shiny new shovel but that alone doesnt do it for me. Besides, its rice.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

1500kg is not 'light'.
    i'd go the 350Z with an APS kit.
    I would go with the GTO, or wait for the upcoming Pontiac G8.

The GenTTR uses stock internals, quality products and a very reasonable price (join the LS1GTO site). I think that the GenTT and Gen TTR kits are cheaper and more powerful than the APS TT kit.

As for driftability, watch topgears drift review, look at the drift GTO in america or the Drift monaro in Australia.

$$$$ wise its easier to make the GTO into a powerful monster drift machine than the 350Z.

Try both cars, good luck.

APS TT 350Z KIT

APS TT GTO KIT

LS1TURBO GENTTR GTO KIT

Turbocharger:Twin KKR380 turbochargers
    Boost Pressure: 0.85 Bar (12psi) @ 2900rpm
    Power: 550kw (730hp) @ 6000rpm
    Torque: 1020Nm (710ft/lb) from 2800 - 5800rpm

You've gotta hand it to the Aussies - nobody does the big, cheap, rear drive V8 like 'em nowadays......and considering the budget they had to work with, they came up with a pretty kick-ass car with the Monaro. A real pity that Pontiac felt the need to rape the front end...

However, the 350Z would be my choice, as it's a proper sports car....not as quick in a straight line, but superior through tight corners. There's no escaping the GTO's origins - essentially a 2-door version of the previous generation Commodore....which in turn was based on the Opel Omega.

And yes....Fast and the Furious be damned!
    I am a New Zealander, and I hate Greg Murphy. Yes, we exist.

I love the 350Z personally. Quick, sexy curves, and the potential for quite a bit more hp. The GTO is just an ugly beast, and in my opinion if massive hp is what you're looking for there are much better routes to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    I love the 350Z personally. Quick, sexy curves, and the potential for quite a bit more hp. The GTO is just an ugly beast, and in my opinion if massive hp is what you're looking for there are much better routes to get it.
    Explain? There are not many new cars that can beat that GTO for the price. The LS2 is a monster of an engine and it reacts well to mods.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Thread Information