Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: e-braking

In a rwd car theres no need for the e-brake on snow or ice. As a matter of fact every day I park in a gravel lot, and since I'm too lazy to drive in a lrge half circle to reverse into my spot, or make a 3 point turn, i just turn the wheel and step on it. Nice quick controlled spin and I reverse into my spot

and paintchips for all those cars around you.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    and paintchips for all those cars around you.
    They must be hapy, to receive something like that for free Great gift

As said in snow, ice or gravel I don't see a problem with it. If you have enough empty space, it can be done in higher speeds as well without it being dangerous but definitely not recommended on public roads. E-brake + snow + and the right place can make any car fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    In a rwd car theres no need for the e-brake on snow or ice. As a matter of fact every day I park in a gravel lot, and since I'm too lazy to drive in a lrge half circle to reverse into my spot, or make a 3 point turn, i just turn the wheel and step on it. Nice quick controlled spin and I reverse into my spot
    Still it's the easiest way to loose the grip of the rear wheels, e-brake + a little throttle in a rwd car allows you to turn sharper than without the e-brake.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

age? and fast cars

I'm 24 but I seem to think like 15 year olds at some points. I just love fast cars and just wanted to get you guys opinion on if cars can do what they do in the movies wheather if it is a control environment or not. In this case, ripping the e-brake. so, I need to have a buddy to help fix my car before going out a ripping the e-brake and seeing if i can pull off a drift technique?

is e-brake what we normally call the handbrake?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

yes it is...

and for drift cars they usually have significantly stronger e-brakes. as they are not actually designed to stop your car, repeated abuse can cause them to wear out, and no longer work in their intended role.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Guest Guest
    surely isn't the most used technique feinting, locking the rears via downshifting and lifting off?

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey
    yes it is...

and for drift cars they usually have significantly stronger e-brakes. as they are not actually designed to stop your car, repeated abuse can cause them to wear out, and no longer work in their intended role.
    ah yes, I vividly remember a friend of mine using his mothers mini in the 60s and doing the 180 degree with much success, in particular on the gravel. Unfortunately my hand brake works on the front wheels.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    In my previous car, I'm guessing it was owned by some young kid, because the e-brake didn't do much of anything. If I put it on a hill in neutral, the e-brake wouldn't even hold the car there -.-

Was fun to scare friends though, be whipping around a corner and reach over, hover your hand over it until your friend's eyes get big, then yank it up :P

My friend got mad and at the next stoplight, he pulled my keys out of the ignition and threw them out the window.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by rgibbs205
    I'm 24 but I seem to think like 15 year olds at some points. I just love fast cars and just wanted to get you guys opinion on if cars can do what they do in the movies wheather if it is a control environment or not. In this case, ripping the e-brake. so, I need to have a buddy to help fix my car before going out a ripping the e-brake and seeing if i can pull off a drift technique?
    How about dont rip on the ebrake at all?
    If you seriously want to get into drifting you have a lot to learn.

he probably has a buick and wants to go dorifto. emo kid
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    surely isn't the most used technique feinting, locking the rears via downshifting and lifting off?
    It can be, there are loads of techniques. Another is to be in the right gear already then kick the clutch in while giving it full throttle (to increase the revs) while "snapping" the handbrake and turning, finally dumping the clutch to spin the wheels like crazy. All in about half a second.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Quote Originally Posted by rgibbs205
    Movie cars are heavily modified for stuff like this. Theyve usually either got hydraulic handbrakes like a WRC car, or they have a 4 wheel brake pedal, and a rear wheel brake pedal, which serves the same purpose as a hydraulic handbrake.

I'm just guessing here, but i'd be reluctant to repeatedly do high speed handbrake pulls with your standard cable operated handbrake. Its probably pretty easy to stretch or snap the cable, and then you can say goodbye to your handbrake.

It depends what tricks you are talking about, you don't always have to modify the car and then find a driver capable of performing the stunts if playing with camera angles gets a similar effect more consistantly.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Thread Information