Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota Camery

Hah..stock production sedan?

Audi's, Saab's, beemers all look superior to anything from GM, even at a base sedan comparison.

From down under, ive said it before and ill say it again, both the falcon and commodore look much superior in stock form.

The impala's design is generic, boring, and underwhelming. It doens't appeal to me at all IMO.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

ahhhm Blitz,......Sabb IS GM.......So is Holden.

?????

Clutch...you mean by "our"...british cars ?
    like TVR, (owned by a russian group)....Aston Martin (owned by FORD)...or what ?

?????????

...or is this all just like the talking heads lyrics..."stop making sense, stop making sense"
    oh yea I got a girlfriend, she's better than this....Chop Something !!!

Out of desperation I will post THIS then to get you going;
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 01-20-2007 at 04:44 AM.

Holden however design cars far and beyond above the general range of GM NA products
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    Clutch...you mean by "our"...british cars ?
    like TVR, (owned by a russian group)....Aston Martin (owned by FORD)...or what ?
    first time i've heard england described as 'sub-tropical'
    no - ford oz and holden make V8's in rwd, GM knows not to try and sell somethign so ludicrous as a bland looking fwd V8 here
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    first time i've heard england described as 'sub-tropical'
    no - ford oz and holden make V8's in rwd, GM knows not to try and sell somethign so ludicrous as a bland looking fwd V8 here
    no thats me saying stay the f*** out of aus
    people like u dont need to be on this go to supid land where your mind is ass - toyota4ever

ricers suck...pasta rockets for life - sicilian973-2

ah ..yes, that is why GM NA is now introducing all new V8 RWD cars for the USA, and losing almost ALL of the FWD stuff, they are even doing a small RWD car too...civic size.

of Course the drive mechanics are Zeta platform and much of that was developed in Aust....which has become the RWD center for GM worldwide, so this is a good thing & it is like I said before Toyo dont know which Direction GM is gonna come at them next....and it rerally does not matter because toyo cannot match GM in Worldwide resources or markets, much less with thier "CARS" vs Automobiles from GM.

GM has won the war. Now they can afford to start the battles. LOL> that is the premise from "the Art of War", a uh, japanese theroretical work published centuries ago.

Guess NOBODY in Toyota read that book huh ?

ah ..yes, that is why GM NA is now introducing all new V8 RWD cars for the USA, and losing almost ALL of the FWD stuff, they are even doing a small RWD car too...civic size.
    this is good news, but ideally they would have done it sooner... anway isn't the commodre the G8 for you guys now??
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

hmmm..well the G8 thing, thats supposed to be a secrect.
    so c'mon dudes POST a Camry of your own here, no chop master quality required, just paint and paste some "sketch" of what you envision a decent camry to look like would be...
    anyway, uh...heres 'nother fast rendidtion of a camry , I mean the car has potential to look OK...but as it is I just wanna puke whenever I see one ...
    (which aint too often in S Fla thank god, we all drive Caddys and Corvettes down here !!!);
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 01-20-2007 at 06:39 AM.

Look, NOBODY wants to drive a Camry.(at least not any of US here, that much I think we all agree upon....)
    Thats why it sells much better then the Impala right?

BUT....alot of people WANT to drive IMPALAS !!...& Chevys in general because the have style, value and heritage.
    Or perhaps because they're cheap?

Quality of GM & toyopet cars ARE on par with each other according to actual consumer ratings. Even Toyo has to admit that. What you comments show is that you have not seen the latest figures, Chevy, caddilac & Buick are all on the same rating as toyo cars. That is Fact.
    No, it's not fact, it's a lie you made to make us think otherwise.
    From the 2006 Consumer Reports Car Issue

BEST AND WORST MODELS IN RELIABILITY
    MOST RELIABLE (In this section, Japanese cars are highlighted)

Small Cars
    Toyota Prius
    Toyota Corolla
    Subaru Impreza (nonturbo)

Sporty Cars/Convertibles
    Honda S2000
    Lexus Sc430

Cheverolet Monte Carlo

Sedans
    Lexus Gs3000/GS430
    Infiniti M35/M45
    Honda Accord Hybrid

SUVs
    Lexus RX400h
    Toyota Highlander
    Honda CR-V

Minivans
    Toyota Sienna

Pickups
    Honda Ridgeline
    Toyota Tundra

In case you haven't noticed, EVERY SINGLE CAR, with one GM exception, is Japanese. Four of them are Hondas, and eight of them are Toyotas or Toyota variants.
    In case this isn't clear, I'll show you the other list.

LEAST RELIABLE (In this section, American cars are highlited)

Small Cars
    Chevy Cobalt

Sporty Cars/Convertibles
    VW New Beetle convertible
    Mercedes Benz SL
    Mercedes Benz CLK
    Ford Mustang

Sedans
    Jaguar S Type
    Mercedes Benz E Class
    Saab 9-3

SUVs
    Infiniti QX45
    VW Touareg
    Nissan Armada

Minivans
    Nissan Quest
    Buick Terraza
    Chevy Uplander
    Pontiac Montana
    Saturn Relay

Pickups
    Nissan Titan
    Chevy Colorado
    GMC Canyon

Hmmm...somehow there were absolutely no Hondas or Toyotas on the second list...and GM managed to steal seven places. What is in your crazy ass backwards mind that is telling you for fact that Toyota and GM are equal in reliability?

Oh wait, that's right, reliability doesn't matter any more. Perhaps you'd like to see some other statistics.

MOST AND LEAST SATISFYING CARS

MOST SATISFYING(Japanese cars are highlited)

Coupes/Convertibles
    Lexus SC430
    Scion Tc

Sports Cars
    Chevy Corvette
    Ford Mustang (V8)
    Honda S2000
    MINI COOPER S
    Subaru Impreza
    Audi S4
    Mercedes Benz SLK
    Porsche 911 Carrera
    Porsche Boxster

Small Cars
    Toyota Echo
    Mazda 3
    Honda Civic Hybrid

Family Cars
    Toyota Prius
    Subaru Legacy GT

VW Passat TDI
    Toyota Camry
    Honda Accord
    Honda Accord Hybrid

Wagons
    Dodge Magnum
    Scion xB

Large Cars
    Toyota Avalon
    Chrysler 300C

Upscale Cars
    Acura TL
    Acura TSX

Luxury Cars
    Infiniti M35/M45
    Lexus GS300/GS430
    Lexus LS430

Audi A6

Small SUVs
    Honda Element

Midsize SUVs
    Lexus RX330
    Lexus RX400h

Land Rover
    Honda Pilot
    Toyota 4Runner

Large SUVs
    Toyota Land Cruiser
    Lexus LX470

Minivans
    Honda Odyssey
    Toyota Sienna

Pickup Trucks
    Honda Ridgeline
    Toyota Tundra
    Toyota Tacoma

Once again, Japanese companies sweep the board, with Honda taking in ten spots and Toyota taking in SIXTEEN places. GM racked a pitiful ONE for the Corvette!

LEAST SATISFYING (American cars are highlited)

Convertibles
    Chrysler Sebring Convertible

Small Cars
    Suzuki Aerio
    Saturn Ion
    Nissan Sentra
    Mitsubishi Lancer (non Evolution)

Family Cars
    Kia Optima
    Pontiac Grand Prix (non supercharged)
    Ford Taurus
    Chrysler Sebring
    Dodge Stratus

Small SUVs
    Chevy Equinox
    Suzuki XL-7
    Mitsubishi Outlander

Minivans
    Buick Terraza
    Chevy Uplander
    Pontiac Montana SV6
    Saturn Relay
    Chrysler Town & Country
    Dodge Caravan

Pickup Trucks
    Ford Ranger
    Mazda B Series

GM takes eight places and Honda/Toyota take ZERO. You were saying?
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Thank You Esperante!!!

Finally some real facts!! Amazing isnt it that the one and only (at least MOSTLY) un-biased magazine tells the truth!! And on top of that all you really have to do is look around anyway.Hell I live in South Carolina (hold your redneck jokes lol) and we are one of the biggest customers for G.M. especially Chevrolet and they are out numbered three to one by Accord Camry.My Father-In-Law has a 2006 Impala LS Leather Moonroof Six Disc etc.etc. and he HATES it.AND he went to trade it in on a CAMRY and they were only going to give him around $12,900 for it...and its only got 9200 miles or so!!!If that is "value" they can keep them.He paid like $19000 for it a little over a year ago so he kept it.When he asked the manager why it was such a low resale he was told because the used car market is FLOODED with them due to RENTAL companies.On top of the fact that the are one of the highest traded cars in the industry due to G.M. giving them away for 0% financing and $8000+ off the sticker for SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long.And due to an accident I had in December I had the (ahem) "priveledge" to drive a Cobalt.What a piece of shit!!

Interesting data Esperante. Looks like hard to argue with facts.

But, lets not forget, GM did take in a revenue of 192.6 billion dollars in 2006. This is a fact, according to CNN.

HOWEVER, their PROFITS, the only thing that is important to running a busines, amounted to -10.6 BILLION dollars. thats right, even though they brought in 192 billion, they spent 202 billion dollars, meaning they LOST MONEY. Their % change in profits from the 2004 fiscal year was -477.9%. Thats right, another negative number.

Their stock lost $18.69 per share in 2006.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...shots/563.html

Meanwhile, in 2006, Toyota brought in a revenue of 185.8 Billion dollars. Their total profits amounted to 12.1 Billion dollars. This is an 11.2% increase over the 2004 fiscal year.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...hots/1445.html
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Thank goodness...

people are actually posting accurate ,informative information.Kudos guys.

Oh please not consumer reports !!!!...the most biased reporting of all...they were even cited for accepting payments from TOYOTA for good reviews...Please.

find a REAL source for actual owners surveys and that list is TOTALLY different with GM cars in the top of quaity ratings and satifaction !!

Try automobile mag...or even the aol autos...its a bit different there. Again CR started as a Appliance rating system and is really not qualified IMO to rate automobiles in a real world manner.

Stick to the facts:
    But, lets not forget, GM did take in a revenue of 192.6 billion dollars in 2006. This is a fact, according to CNN.
    Meanwhile, in 2006, Toyota brought in a revenue of 185.8 Billion dollars.
    ...uh thats quite a bit more than TOYOTA earned in my book, plus add in the capital investment cash and more cash from the sale of GMAC ...well, GM is in real good shape to squash Toyolet.

As for the financial statements I already said the GM is SPENDING most of the earnings to develop new models and integrate the World operations, so dont be misled by the numbers look at the coverage GM has in ALL the world markets and that they are selling well in every one. Thats the real GM at work. Plus remember that both cpmpanies have different reporting methods due to the government taxation rates in the Home country too, GM had greatly reduced thier taxation liabiity through this reporting method....and by allowing the stock price to lower below the level of "option" clauses in emplyment contracts they got rid of all those dead weight employees with NO futher liability to them either in stock nor benefits, plus saving the salary costs too...a very shrewd move on thier part there IMO.

All I said was DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE the General, they have resources far exceeding what is apparent from simple statements,...and are known for reinvesting HUGE sums to create new automobiles which is obviously working for them ...over 9 million cars sold in the last two consecutive years means that SOMEBODY and of alot of somebody's are BUYING GM all day long !!!
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 01-21-2007 at 01:26 AM.

OK, until you can provide sources for your so called facts, you sound like an idiot. show us where you heard consumer reports was accepting payments from anybody, or was not qualified to rate automobiles. after all, they arent rating them, they are collecting data from real, actual owners of these automobiles. back up your ludicrous statements with some facts, please.

...uh thats quite a bit more than TOYOTA earned in my book, plus add in the capital investment cash and more cash from the sale of GMAC ...well, GM is in real good shape to squash Toyolet.
    the fact that you dont understand the difference between revenue and profits just adds fuel to my speculation that you dont actually run a successful business. but thats another story.

CNN's statisics (and dont start telling us CNN are all a bunch of liars and if we got the real facts it would show GM is teh coolest) show that while GM did bring in more cold hard cash, they spent more than that. This means, they made NEGATIVE MONEY.

Now, whether this is just warming up for some huge surge in sales, AND PROFITS, remains to be seen, but it is unlikely.

As for the financial statements I already said the GM is SPENDING most of the earnings to develop new models and integrate the World operations,
    they didnt spend MOST of their earnings, they spent ALL of it and MORE.

.over 9 million cars sold in the last two consecutive years means that SOMEBODY and of alot of somebody's are BUYING GM all day long !!!
    and every time one of these 9 million people bought one, GM lost money.

AND, lets not forget, GM's sales are gradually declining, while Toyota's are rising. General Motors is still on top, but if the current trend continues, it will not be long before Toyota overtakes it.

Now, dont make another post with statements that have no evidence to back them up. We all provided factual resources, with links, and you have just added your own speculation.

Heres what you set yourself up to show us sources for:
    1. Consumer Reports is fraudulent, accepting payoffs from large corps.
    2. Real sources show GM cars as being better quality and satisfaction than Toyota's
    3. Evidence that GM is going to increase its revenue of its expenditure, making it a profitable company.
    Last edited by SPHFerrari; 01-21-2007 at 09:32 AM.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Thread Information