Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota Camery

i took base line models off the actual web sites of the manufactors. BASE line. They have almost the same features. If you would actually read you would realise what i wrote. You are getting owned above, so i will let the pwning continue and not interupt. As for knowing anything, sorry i dont copy and paste.

if you drive a vette post it on here. if not your lying. which isnt a suprise
    Last edited by SupraMan22; 01-21-2007 at 09:55 AM.
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    Try automobile mag...or even the aol autos...its a bit different there.
    Oh right, i forgot. Lets dig deaper, shall we.

http://autos.aol.com/article/general...14143609990001
    Japanese brands are still the ones to beat. Of the 47 vehicles with the highest predicted reliability, 39 are Japanese. Of those, all but seven are made by Toyota or Honda.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Oh please not consumer reports !!!!...the most biased reporting of all...they were even cited for accepting payments from TOYOTA for good reviews...Please.
    Give me a source. In the meantime, I'll resort to making up bullshit for the sake of my cause.

GM kills babies in their sleep!

find a REAL source for actual owners surveys and that list is TOTALLY different with GM cars in the top of quaity ratings and satifaction !!
    Erm, I gave you solid rankings on both reliability and satisfaction...if that doesn't amount to overall quality I don't know what does.

Try automobile mag...or even the aol autos...its a bit different there. Again CR started as a Appliance rating system and is really not qualified IMO to rate automobiles in a real world manner.
    Erm, cars really shouldn't be treated much differently than appliances, if you ask me. An appliance is rated on value, satisfaction, quality and dependance, and I don't see why a car shouldn't be judged on the same conditions.
    And, aside from that, it's absolutely ridiculous to say that just because CR started out grading appliances, they can't grade cars. Hell, Rolls Royce started out making airplane engines, thus, they must make really shitty cars!

Until you started posting evidence, I'm going to continue propogating GM bullshit.

Chevrolet had sex with Nissan in the bathroom at Junior Prom. The baby was Infiniti.

Stick to the facts:
    But, lets not forget, GM did take in a revenue of 192.6 billion dollars in 2006. This is a fact, according to CNN.
    Meanwhile, in 2006, Toyota brought in a revenue of 185.8 Billion dollars.
    ...uh thats quite a bit more than TOYOTA earned in my book, plus add in the capital investment cash and more cash from the sale of GMAC ...well, GM is in real good shape to squash Toyolet.
    Goddamit! They aren't real facts! You're just spewing bullshit and claiming it as fact! SHOW US SOME GODDAM EVIDENCE AND SOURCES!

As for the financial statements I already said the GM is SPENDING most of the earnings to develop new models and integrate the World operations, so dont be misled by the numbers look at the coverage GM has in ALL the world markets and that they are selling well in every one. Thats the real GM at work. Plus remember that both cpmpanies have different reporting methods due to the government taxation rates in the Home country too, GM had greatly reduced thier taxation liabiity through this reporting method....and by allowing the stock price to lower below the level of "option" clauses in emplyment contracts they got rid of all those dead weight employees with NO futher liability to them either in stock nor benefits, plus saving the salary costs too...a very shrewd move on thier part there IMO.
    It doesn't matter. Chrysler as able to turn a profit in the same country, same state, and same city, for that matter, and saying GM falls victim to all sorts of taxation etc. is just ludicrous. PLUS, Toyota has to pay incredibly high tariffs to ship over here, which is why many models (including the Camry) are built in the States. Thus, Toyota succumbs to these 'taxes' as well.

All I said was DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE the General, they have resources far exceeding what is apparent from simple statements,...and are known for reinvesting HUGE sums to create new automobiles which is obviously working for them ...over 9 million cars sold in the last two consecutive years means that SOMEBODY and of alot of somebody's are BUYING GM all day long !!!
    'Obviously working for them?' If being eleven billion dollars in the red is sucess to you, you are far mistaken. Hell, I bet that if the GM executives announced GM was to fold and close down all plants, you'd say 'TEH GENERAL HAS TEH R0X0R UP ITS SLEEVE!111.' Stop wasting our time with your brainwashed nonsense.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari
    Oh right, i forgot. Lets dig deaper, shall we.

http://autos.aol.com/article/general...14143609990001
    ^^Results that are mirrored in this independant UK reliability study from Warranty Direct.

It’s rare that we look at product that has been in the marketplace for some time, much less second-hand product. But when we saw what this UK automotive warranty company was up to, we know you'll agree that it’s worth a mention. As a privately owned insurance intermediary, the firm collects lots of data about warranty issues – something you’ll never find out from the only other people who have access to the information (the manufacturers). In a very clever move, it has taken this secondary data and produced a reliability index – an independent comparison of frequency of failure across the 55,000 vehicles it insures. Read on for a list of the 100 most reliable used cars over the past decade
    http://www.reliabilityindex.co.uk/to...28339010848601

OFFICIAL: YOU CAN'T BEAT JAPANESE CAR RELIABILITY

Japanese manufacturers have dominated a poll of the Top 100 most reliable used cars over the past decade.

The list, compiled by independent mechanical breakdown insurer, Warranty Direct, found that every car in the Top 10, and an amazing 16 out of the Top 20, were Japanese models. The Honda Accord was at number one.

Congratulations to the Japanese automotive industry which supplied every car in the Top 10, and an amazing 16 of the Top 20.

And a very special mention to Toyota - Toyota has an ambition to become the world's largest motor company and on the results of this survey, it fully deserves to get there. It scored as well as any other manufacturer in the top ten cars with two contenders, but also took eleventh spot with the Lexus IS 200, fourteenth with the Landcruiser, 19th with the Carina E, and 21st with the Lexus 400 - six cars in the top 21 represents a fantastic effort but a look down the list confirms what we'd always suspected - they have been building the most reliable cars for a long time - long product lines such as the Celica and Corolla are also there. Those cars have been produced for 30 years in vast numbers - it's not just one very reliable model here and there.

Look Im not sayin that Japo cars are TOTAL SHIT. Just that GM is NOT, and GM IS a force to be recongnized as a MAJOR THREAT to Toyotas continued succsess.

Beleive wahtever BS you want, there are facts to support ANY viewpoint, but all are based upon looking Backwards
    ....the bottom line is that the PERCEPTION is the major hurdle that GM has to overcome in the USA market and they ARE doing that, they still make & sell more procuct worldwide than Toyota and thats all that really matters because it is Market Dominance.

Anybody who thinks that GM is just gonna Roll Over & Die because of Toyota's inroads in America is sadly off base. GM welcomes the challenge, and is More than capable of meeting Toyota head to head in Every World Market and garning its "fair share" of sales.

GM products are just as well made as any Toyota, and hell, 80% of the parts in both brands are made by the SAME suppliers anyway...so get off the Toyo bandwagon and relaize that the market saturation for Toyotas is Fast Approching...and the Rest of the World want nothing to do with them anymore. This is is natural the ebb and flow of the marketplace, as Ford discovered 100 years ago, people want MORE than just an appliance in thier autos and GM is the MASTER at providing exactly the Automobile that fits your needs and DESIRES.
    (I mean who here would NOT want a Corvette or Camaro ? ...oh & I am not posting anymore personal info about me here because last time I did that it was used as fodder for further BS posts...so forget playin that crap with me. aint gonna happen you used up your ONE chance.)

So even if GM were to sell less cars than Toyolet, they wil still be able (and have already figured out how to win if that happens too), because as stated in the "turnaround plan" to earn greater profits within the next several model years, However with the current DEMAND for GM products with the manufacture volume sustaining at over 9 million a year I dont think they (GM) really have all that much to worry about !!!

Well, thats alot of people who dont buy Toyotas dudes !!
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 01-21-2007 at 02:42 PM.

LOL ^^^^....and it aint Sushi !!!

Lmao !!!!!

you, sir, have an extremely warped perception of reality.

you, sir, have an extremely warped perception of reality.

OK, ...well we will just have to wait and see if that is so, HUH ?

Mark my words.

nobody came out and said GM sucks, theyre going under! toyota is the best in the world!

YOU came out and started spewing made up stats about how GM is the best and will never be overtaken.

We will just have to wait and see i guess.

I nominate this thread for 0wnage of the year - 2007

Also, nice job with the cats...

nobody came out and said GM sucks, theyre going under! toyota is the best in the world!

YOU came out and started spewing made up stats about how GM is the best and will never be overtaken.

We will just have to wait and see i guess.

Dude GM is FAR from going under and Toyolet SUCKS outright as a company and with its products IMO.

GM IS RIGHT NOW & for the majority of Automotive History the #1 auto maker in the World. Dont expect that to change.

This is FACT.

Now Thats being OWNED. Toyota is #2...the First LOSER. Thats FACT.

ok. first of all, i didnt say they were going under, i was saying nobody came out and said that, you started attacking toyota for no reason, with unfounded arguments.

According to you, toyota is number 2 right now. i agree. right now GM is still number one and toyota number 2. this is far from toyota sucking as a company.

we provided facts that shot down any argument you presented. you presented personal opinions and lies. thats being owned. i dont feel the need to argue any more, because anyone who just read this thread can come to their own conclusion.

SPHFerrari, out.

Thread Information