Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota Camery

o rly? Toyota 2000GTs go for at least $100K.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

South Surrey, B.C, Canada. A place where you will see Cookie Monster eating cheese. If you're lucky, that is.
    Why is this in the Chop forum again? Because this is seriously off-topic.
    UCP's OFFICIAL biggest Detroit Pistons fan
    UCP's OFFICIAL biggest Atlanta Falcons fan

Quote Originally Posted by SupraMan22
    If they intend to make automobiles they better kick it up a notch. Because i have seen nothing different happen. Toyota could make appliances and cars and still out sell GM.

The fact of the matter is, you will never come to senses with the car market. Toyota is a threat to GM and your scared by it. You know it is. Its not the 70's anymore man.

Oh and just for the record i believe base models for the camry and impala are quite different in price. The camry is about 3000 less than the impala. With the same features.

EDIT:
    2007 Impala LS: 21,630

2007 Toyota Camry CE: 18,470

Oh the camry gets better MPG too, about 3 more.

So all the bulls@$% aside, you know nothing about cars. As your post above clearly states.

A threat to GM ???...no, just a challenge, and one that is being met head to head ;

The expansion of GM’s four global brands – Chevrolet, HUMMER, Saab and Cadillac – is showing concrete signs of success.

Global sales of GM’s value brand, Chevrolet, were 4.3 million vehicles compared with 2005 sales of 4.37 million. Chevrolet showed growth in all three regions outside North America, with the strongest performance in the Latin America, Africa and the Middle East region, with an additional 19 percent (144,000 vehicles) delivered over the 2005 level. Chevrolet also performed well in the Asia/Pacific region, which also was up 19 percent. There was a 15 percent increase in Chevrolet sales in Europe, compared with 2005. The Chevrolet Aveo helped Chevrolet field a strong competitor in the very competitive global small car market.

GM also retains its strong truck portfolio, evidenced by HUMMER sales that grew nearly 34 percent globally in 2006, with 82,000 vehicles delivered, compared with 61,000 in 2005. This performance was paced by the continued strength of the midsize H3. While much of this growth was in the United States (up 26 percent), HUMMER also saw significant expansion in Mexico and Canada.

Saab’s 2006 global sales set a record at more than 133,000 vehicles. Saab had its highest sales volume ever in Europe, exceeding 90,000 vehicles and record sales in Spain, Belgium and Canada.

Cadillac posted a sales increase outside of North America last year, thanks to 22 percent sales growth in Europe.

List price for a Impala LS is $ 20,945....
    The Toyota Camry is $ 23, 540
    Both are 3.5 6 cyl engines....heres the comparison data :

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/nvc/chev...leid=100624661

Now who is it that dont know diddly about cars ???

Talk about gettin OWNED...you just did.

...& Drift ...This is NOT off topic at all, this is the RESPONSE from the original Chop I posted here.
    But here ya go lets Keep it ON TOPIC here is aCHOP I did of the NEW 2007 IMPALA & as for the LOOKS...the Impala has alot more going for it IMO :
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 01-19-2007 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    A threat to GM ???...no, just a challenge, and one that is being met head to head ;

Now who is it that dont know diddly about cars ???

...& Drift ...This is NOT off topic at all, this is the RESPONSE from the original Chop I posted here.
    Lets use your own source against you:

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/nvc/chev...3&tab=features

Looks like the Camry has the Impala beat in most areas...well except for an optional engine block heater

Global sales of GM’s value brand, Chevrolet, were 4.3 million vehicles compared with 2005 sales of 4.37 million. [/COLOR][/I]
    Uh...isn't 4.3 million less than 4.37 million?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    Uh...isn't 4.3 million less than 4.37 million?
    Fool, you do not understand logic...

LOL..those are production stats ....selling in the USA Impala has Camry beat, AND add in the Malibu to the mix then you have Camry way behind Chevy !!! ...and this is the OLD Mali in comparative !!!

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/nvc/chev...leid=100699458

Plus go compare the top line camry with the Impala SS, even with a V-8 delivering 27 mpg, it is a better value for the money and a real automobile too...;

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/nvc/chev...leid=100531256

Get Real World.

OPPS !....Camry is Not even in the same leauge as the Impala SS !!!
    Serious which car would you rather be seen driving ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 01-20-2007 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by STREETFIRE
    You should learn to READ before you go posting crap. I didn't compare anything to anything.
    I realise that, even before I posted my reply before. However, stating you hate avalons then stating your favourites being the American HiPo models does make one chuckle when there is such a difference between the two. Its quite obvious a Corvette would be superior to an Avalon, regardless if you made a comparison or not.

EDIT:
    Oh. He got banned..well no real use of posting this reply was there :|
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

But here ya go lets Keep it ON TOPIC here is aCHOP I did of the NEW 2007 IMPALA & as for the LOOKS...the Impala has alot more going for it IMO :

CCWcardesign? He's a chopper, did you chop an already chopped picture?!?

LOL

I mite give a tinker of to his site and have a look.

Which car would I rather drive?

..none.

Give me a Calais VE or FPV GT / Fairmont Ghia any day over any of those.
    Last edited by Blitz_; 01-20-2007 at 12:29 AM.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

LOL..those are production stats ....selling in the USA Impala has Camry beat, AND add in the Malibu to the mix then you have Camry way behind Chevy !!! ...and this is the OLD Mali in comparative !!!

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/nvc/chev...leid=100699458

Plus go compare the top line camry with the Impala SS, even with a V-8 delivering 27 mpg, it is a better value for the money and a real automobile too...;

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/nvc/chev...leid=100531256

Get Real World.

OPPS !....Camry is Not even in the same leauge as the Impala SS !!!
    Serious which car would you rather be seen driving ?
    i'd hate to be driving a camry as my sole vehicle, but i sure as shit would not want to drive a FWD V8. At least the camry makes no pretensions about being what it is...
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

South Surrey, B.C, Canada. A place where you will see Cookie Monster eating cheese. If you're lucky, that is.
    We had started talking about how Japanese cars were better than American cars and such... And this was supposed to be about a chop of a Camry. I think that is off topic.
    UCP's OFFICIAL biggest Detroit Pistons fan
    UCP's OFFICIAL biggest Atlanta Falcons fan

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    CCWcardesign? He's a chopper, did you chop an already chopped picture?!?
    LOL
    yeah it was a "spyphoto" thing, but I saw the REAL Impala and just chopped in what I saw...the orig was a different grille treatment, perhaps accurate tho for a base model.

Look, NOBODY wants to drive a Camry.(at least not any of US here, that much I think we all agree upon....) & clutch If you have Never driven one then I would suggest that you do...it is much more better than you can imagine, ya cant tell it is a FWD car at all !!!....its a riot to drive really....303 HP and 27 MPG...hard combo to beat there !!!

BUT....alot of people WANT to drive IMPALAS !!...& Chevys in general because the have style, value and heritage.
    Thats a hard combination to beat, & I give Toyo-let credit for making a go at it, BUT it aint gonna fly in the end.

That was my ENTIRE point here from the start. Thats whay I redid the new Camry to look more American in its design, because to ME, the design is its downfall...and has always been so, and I owned a 1996 Camry, and a 1994 Celica...both were decent cars until the Celica Blew A Engine...right after delaer maintenience had been done on it and the Camry threw a rod before 25000 miles hit !!!

Now that may say something about my driving style, more so than the cars...LOL, BUT my CHEVYS have NEVER complained and NEVER had such serious problems that took them off the road and into the junkyard.

..and Drift I have posted several more pictures and chops here to keep the FOCUS on the Images, but this is a compelling topic....and I see no conflict in posting disscussion comments as a result of a PS picture...matter of fact I encourage ANYONE to post THIER version of a new Camry or Impala or whatever that would sell in the standard 4-door sedan market here now !

I personally would LOVE to see what you all consider to be an acceptable STOCK PRODUCTION sedan !!!...

I really would like to SEE that !!!

Personally this has become one of the most interesting threads on the site IMO....& I thank ALL of you for your contributions, it is a GAS to read your comments !

.......???...anyone wanna SHOW me what ya got ?
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 01-20-2007 at 01:15 AM.

Look, NOBODY wants to drive a Camry.
    i agree with you on this one, no car person would look foward to driving a camry
    BUT....alot of people WANT to drive IMPALAS !!...& Chevys in general because the have style, value and heritage.
    but this i don't get. the impala looks every bit the shopping trolley as the camry does. It has no style, they're as generic as each other, and at least the camry isn't a disgrace to an older model. plus, it has that stupid fwd V8 layout.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    i agree with you on this one, no car person would look foward to driving a camry

but this i don't get. the impala looks every bit the shopping trolley as the camry does. It has no style, they're as generic as each other, and at least the camry isn't a disgrace to an older model. plus, it has that stupid fwd V8 layout.

I guess you missed my edit directed at you...GO DRIVE that "stupid" FWD V-8 setup, same as on the Grand Prix and Bonneville and Monte Carlo....I guarantee AFTER you do that you will NOT think it is stupid at all !!!...and this IS what American cars are all about too....because,
    You'll be amazed at how smooth and powerful it is, & still pass by the gas pumps at full throttle !!!!
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 01-20-2007 at 01:23 AM.

I guess you missed my edit directed at you...GO DRIVE that "stupid" FWD V-8 setup, same as on the Grand Prix and Bonneville and Monte Carlo....I guarantee AFTER you do that you will NOT think it is stupid at all !!!...and this IS what American cars are all about too....because,
    You'll be amazed at how smooth and powerful it is, & still pass by the gas pumps at full throttle !!!!
    i don't have to, our V8's are still RWD thankfully toyota's on the other hand...

Thread Information