Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota Camery

Quote Originally Posted by Drift Illusion
    Ummm... No comment.
    ill go with that too
    autozine.org

lmao i saw on in a parking lot taking up 2 spaces wit like 20 inch rims. disgusting!
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Camry is a proper name, therefore it becomes a word with a proper spelling that should be used; whether or not you like it.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    Not long now ... The Camry was the 3rd best selling car in the US in 2006.
    "Camry is a phonetic transcription of the Japanese word for Crown...BUT being that you cant spell in English Im sure you wouldnt know such things...and the day that a domestic branded car is the highest selling car in America (like an Accord or Camry) THEN you can poke fun at them."

Exige ; THANK YOU. THANK YOU VERY MUCH !

btw the #1 selling car in America was the CHEVY IMPALA !!!!

A phonetic transcrption is NOT a WORD. !!!!.....even in Japanese !!!

LMAO !!!!

On a more serious note, personally I would rather see something along these lines,
    But then it would not be possible for Toyo to do this I dont think (not yet anyway).
    However IF they ever really get down to making an American Car, there will be alot
    more peeps on the street selling crack to feed the family !...so, TG for small favors.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 01-16-2007 at 10:18 PM.

Hopefully...

Toyota and all the other foreign car makers will NEVER learn to build an "American car".Why should everyone have to ride in cars that have cheap interiors poor gas mileage and no resale values?As for the Impala being the #1 selling car...lol...big friggin deal they are practically giving them away with all the rebates and incentives they HAVE to give to move them.The Japanese brands dont have to do that...people actually want to buy them.

^ Yes, you're clearly an unbiased view.
    uʍop ǝpısdn sı ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎɯ

"Impala being the #1 selling car...lol...big friggin deal"

YES IT IS> Obviously because that same "peeps wanna buy 'em pitch" comment happens everytime I remind someone of that fact. I ain't Buyin No Japanese Car...ever. Had 2 toyopets & they both blew up within 25,000 miles !!!...now thats a POS !!
    MY Chevys...are still running with over 250,000 miles !!!

MDM, thanks for improving the Camry's poor styling... As for this guy...
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGWORM_25
    Toyota and all the other foreign car makers will NEVER learn to build an "American car".Why should everyone have to ride in cars that have cheap interiors poor gas mileage and no resale values?As for the Impala being the #1 selling car...lol...big friggin deal they are practically giving them away with all the rebates and incentives they HAVE to give to move them.The Japanese brands dont have to do that...people actually want to buy them.
    Get in your Camry or your Avalon and drive to your local International airport, board a plane and blow yourself up. Who said that we had to drive cars with poor interiors? Low gas mileage? I personally would much rather be caught driving an Impala than a Camry or Avalon.
    Lead Driver For The UCP.com Draggin' & Driftin' Racing Team.

If only there was one.

Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari
    well said. toyota doesnt so much need to LEARN how to sell cars, rather they should TEACH some american companies how to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by recent article
    Twenty five precent of Americans are considering buying a Toyota, according to the results of a consumer survey which received wide publicity during Detroit's annual motor fest
    Vehicle sales in my country (Australia) used to be long and utterly dominated by US-owned companies, but not any more

Currently one in every four (!) new-vehicle sales here is a Toyota, and their market-share is ever increasing

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    Vehicle sales in my country (Australia) used to be long and utterly dominated by US-owned companies, but not any more

...So thats why HOLDEN is the #1 car in your country then?...right?....ah hem. Holden is GM. ...and uh BUICK is like taking over in China....so wats your point, ??? One of four is the same in the US for ALL IMPORT CAR SALES !!
    ...the rest, ALL the rest, are American Cars !!!

Do the Math.

Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    ...So thats why HOLDEN is the #1 car in your country then?...right?....ah hem. Holden is GM. ...and uh BUICK is like taking over in China....so wats your point, ??? One of four is the same in the US for ALL IMPORT CAR SALES !!

Do the Math.
    erm...you have a style Mr D...In Britain there are NO non-foreign owned volume car manufactureres left, Are there any in australia?
    see:
    http://www.autozine.org/Manufacturer/Manufacturer.htm
    autozine.org

http://www.autozine.org/Manufacturer/USA.htm#GM

...interesting site there.

seems to need a 2006 update tho, but pretty good info overall, that link above kinda says it all to me when you add 2006 to the story it gets real interesting, considering GM made 1.9 billion in profits after supposedly getting the crap beat outta them by Toyopet....NOT.

Ya know about 100 years ago there was another car company that THOUGHT they had GM beat too....

That company was FORD. They kept building the same car.
    Until everybody who wanted one ...had one. GM on the other hand kept spending money and building all kinds of different cars and trucks and trains and....well you get the idea.

Toyo NEEDS to learn from history....NOBODY beats the GENERAL. Nobody ever has. Not gonna happen now either.

THX for that link...very cool site.
    Interesting too that EVERY country listed save for Italy & France (and Italy or Fiat was just recently dropped) has a car company OWNED by General Motors !!!

...and it is a SHAME that there are no more BRITISH volume car builders left, (tho I loved my TVR, it was not a volume car)....so many Great marques were all British and now....thanks to what?....Import sales?...hmmm. Quite a sad state of affairs there, Lad. Quite.
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 01-17-2007 at 05:12 AM.

http://www.autozine.org/Manufacturer/USA.htm#GM

...interesting site there.

seems to need a 2006 update tho, but pretty good info overall, that link above kinda says it all to me when you add 2006 to the story it gets real interesting, considering GM made 1.9 billion in profits after supposedly getting the crap beat outta them by Toyopet....NOT.

Ya know about 100 years ago there was another car company that THOUGHT they had GM beat too....

That company was FORD. They kept building the same car.
    Until everybody who wanted one ...had one. GM on the other hand kept spending money and building all kinds of different cars and trucks and trains and....well you get the idea.

Toyo NEEDS to learn from history....NOBODY beats the GENERAL. Nobody ever has. Not gonna happen now either.

THX for that link...very cool site.
    Interesting too that EVERY country listed save for Italy & France (and Italy or Fiat was just recently dropped) has a car company OWNED by General Motors !!!

...and it is a SHAME that there are no more BRITISH volume car builders left, (tho I loved my TVR, it was not a volume car)....so many Great marques were all British and now....thanks to what?....Import sales?...hmmm. Quite a sad state of affairs there, Lad. Quite.
    thnx MrD, the site is hosted by one Mr Wang who has been engaged to be married so has not updated for at least 4 months now, before that regular updates made autozine.org an ace site, still is i think.

Because UK has lost its automotive originality i now focus on technical differences, my pride for UK cars has gone. However many F1 teams are based in east london so the engineers are here!
    autozine.org

Ah hem yourself. My point is this:

Once upon a time (when I was in school) it used to be that one in every two cars sold here was a GM-Holden. In other words GM owned 50% of our market, but not any more

Btw that same market sales-ratio once held true for GM within the US, but not any more

Since those days Toyota has steadily grown to 22.9% of total AU sales, and their trend-line is up. By comparison the 'Big two' US-owned companies trend downwards: '1st loser' GM-Holden manage only 14.9%, while 3rd placed Ford have withered to 10.2%

Similar trends are reflected in worldwide terms. Toyota have now eclipsed 'maximally-morgaged' Ford in total sales, and are progressively closing in on debt-laden GM. The third arm of US domestic auto makers Chrysler was aquired by German carmaker Daimler-Benz, who wants to sell off their loss-making American mistake but cannot find a buyer
    Do the Math.
    Here's some math for you to consider
    Toyota set to overtake GM in 2007

Worldwide production expected to rise 4 percent, making the Japanese company the biggest automaker in the world.

"Its [Toyota's] annual vehicle production is likely to increase about 500,000 a year for the next few years and we expect operating profit growth of about 10 percent for the next three years."

In the year to March, Toyota expects to earn a net profit of 1.55 trillion yen ($13.1 billion) - a record for any Japanese company.

Toyota shares have gained 27 percent this year, valuing the firm at close to $230 billion - about 14 times GM's market capitalization.
    http://money.cnn.com/2006/12/22/news...ion=2006122210
    Last edited by nota; 01-17-2007 at 07:27 AM.

Ah...yes all of that may be numerically correct, BUT you are not taking into account the dynamics that made and sustain GM and works against Toyota. How many car companies does Toyo OWN world wide, ONE, because no matter the name put on them they are ALL THE SAME CAR.
    All originate from the same corporate center and follow the company line, as is a cultural thing in Japan anyway.
    Not that this is bad just that playing against a HUGE company that GM had built itself into was pretty easy to take a bite here and there from the Giant's stash of cars.

NOW...its a different World. Toyo made the fatal error that FORD did years ago...arogance and insisting that and these words Ill paraphrase but the EXACT WORDS came out of Henry Ford & wahthismane who commands TOYO:

"WE ARE NOT DEALING WITH THE SAME CUSTOMERS AS GM,..WE MAKE SIMPLE RELIABLE CARS FOR THE COMMON MAN, WE ARE NOT AFRAID OF GM TAKING OUR CUSTOMERS BECAUSE WE HAVE THE SINGLE LARGEST SELLING CARS IN THE WORLD"

Well, guess what? GM took thier customers, and regulated FORD to a permenant #2 until Toyo passed then up for "sucker place"....and NOW GM is at it again, taking the lions share of WORLDWIDE cars sales in EVERY COUNTRY in the entire WORLD. Wanna know why ?...they OWN 'em all !!!!

They build anything, everything and lots of 'em all day long all over the world and thier cars are different from country to country and different even more from model to model now that the sleeping Giant is pissed off !!!

LOOK OUT. GM is back and Bad ASS, most of the dead weight that created costs have been shuffed off to Hundayi and of all comapnies...TOYOTA. Yeah thats right.
    All those dumbass americans who worked for GM and dragged it down are now running TOYO in the USA !!!

Coffee break anyone ??...have you seen the new movie?
    wheres my paycheck ?....That sound like CAR GUYS ???

NO.

Well there are only car guys left at GM, and ALL they do is create cars and trucks that people BUY !!!....and they do it together now by utilizing the COMBINED talents from ALL of thier various Worldwide companies !!! GM makes more money per car sold than 3 toyotas, so now you do the math babe.

GM can NOW make more by selling less.

... & that is a real "American Revolution" !!!

I love these debates !...lol.
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 01-17-2007 at 08:25 AM.

Thread Information