Thread: Radar Detectors(K40)

Radar Detectors(K40)

In celebration of my new car, ive been searching for the right radar detector. does anybody have any ideas? im not sure if i wanna go for a k40 calibre system, ( www.k40.com ) which should supposedly block radar, and is perfectly legal, but of the people i know who got it, price with installation ran $850 +. at circuit city, i get a pretty good discount on beltronics and cobras. (299 to 230) but i hate the idea of a wire cluttering up my interior. does anybody know of a clean looking radar system that works? thanks!

You'll need to block lasers to...they had a comparison in C&D once...Ill look...

EDIT: http://www.caranddriver.com/features...ctor-test.html

Valentine One came in first...
    Last edited by The_Canuck; 01-14-2007 at 07:30 PM.

Are they detectable?? I mean, will the fuzz know I have a detector if I, kinda illegally maybe, put one in a car here in Oz???
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Daz27
    Are they detectable?? I mean, will the fuzz know I have a detector if I, kinda illegally maybe, put one in a car here in Oz???
    I don't think they can pull you over for it...

they are detectable, and the cops can and will pull you over in virginia where they are illegal.

one of the guys that worked for me was pulled over, given a ticket, and had it confiscated.. all for having it in his glove box
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

jeeeze i know we can have them in sc. but my top choice would definitely be something thats out of sight anyway. www.radarbusters.com has plenty of choices too. none seem to really fit the criteria though (works, clean looking, under 400)

EDIT: another system i was checking into aside from the calibre was the lidatek le30, which has seemed to receive the best reviews but with a large price. its supposed to actively block radar and laser signals. i doubt it has the laser blocking ability that is expected though
    Last edited by chris98891; 01-14-2007 at 09:01 PM.

Radar detectors have been illegal for years over here in the land of Oz. Takes FAR too much revenue from the bean counters in government by letting us have a chance of dodging a $300 speeding fine...
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Daz27
    Radar detectors have been illegal for years over here in the land of Oz. Takes FAR too much revenue from the bean counters in government by letting us have a chance of dodging a $300 speeding fine...
    You almost get a fine here,if you drive onto public roads... Damn cameras everywhere.

And cop cars have a standard radar-detector-detector... Almost impossible to speed.

PS:

got my first fine yesterday, 1 km over the limit. i did 81 where 80 was allowed

wow i had no idea how strict other radar detector laws are. south carolina doesnt give a damn one way or the other. but anybody have any ideas?

I don't know if this is still true, when I went to college in Kansas, the cops could pull you over, give you a ticket and MAKE you run over your radar detector with your own car!!

Mexican police don't use radar guns...with the exption of the Queretaro police. Lucky me!!!!!!!!!!
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

There are some you can get from Germany that come with a reflective piece which means you can hide the radar detector in some obscur spot and with careful placement of the reflective piece it will still detect the area you want.

A friend got one and he did say they are very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by beefy
    There are some you can get from Germany that come with a reflective piece which means you can hide the radar detector in some obscur spot and with careful placement of the reflective piece it will still detect the area you want.

A friend got one and he did say they are very expensive.
    less than $681 AUD by any chance?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I think he paid like over 1k for it and he had to get a friend in Europe to buy it and ship it to him. The funny thing was I don't he has ever got around to installing it or maybe had 2nd thoughts.

Thread Information