Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ferrari celebrates 60 year anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    Now that it seems we are on the topic, and off the original, I have a quick question.

Has Ferrari, itself, ever made mention of the "F60," or is this just speculatory nonsense?
    Ferrari has always flown under the radar since the F40 and F50. It was FX Prototype that sparked F60 news, which thanks to magazines, mis-informed everyone the Enzo was the F60.

As for now, only a couple articles have been reported about the next supercar. The main thing each article shares is that it will be based off the technology and research through the FXX Project.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

when the FXX project was started it was to help develop the next Ferrari super car and the Enzo was called the F60 so i don't think that the next Super car also is colt the F60
    Ferrari Is The Best

Quote Originally Posted by mavanhaasteren
    when the FXX project was started it was to help develop the next Ferrari super car and the Enzo was called the F60 so i don't think that the next Super car also is colt the F60
    Thanks for proving my point that the magazines mis-informed everyone.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Wasn't there a one-off F-60/FX back in the early 90s? Seems like, as memory serves, it was built for one of those Arabic billionaires — I can't remember which one, there are so many... — and was later bought up by a California billionaire who, according to an article I read somewhere, drives from public school to public school "to share the joy of this unique automobile with the children," or some such horse hockey.

The design was very late "80s-early 90s supercar chic," rather resembling a cross between an XJ220 and B Engineering's Edonis.

Also, as I recall, it was finished in purple paintwork. Go figure.

I don't know where this fits into Ferrari's lineage, but I've never heard much about it save for the one article I can't recall to cite. Maybe it's all part of Ferrari's Big Secret Custom Car Division, along with the 550 station wagons and F355 swamp buggies they built for the Shah of Wherthefukevergustan or where the **** ever it was.
    I'm erudite ;-)

The Ferrari FX is an automobile which was custom made for the Sultan of Brunei by Pininfarina. It featured the Flat 12 engine of the Ferrari Testarossa and a 7 speed sequential transmission from the Williams BMW Formula 1 team. Only seven cars were ever made, six of which were delivered to the Royal Family in Brunei. Dick Marconi managed to acquire the fourth vehicle from Williams before it shipped to Brunei and it is now on display at the Marconi Museum in Tustin, California.
    Attachment 227765Attachment 227766
    Last edited by mavanhaasteren; 10-24-2008 at 10:38 AM.
    Ferrari Is The Best

That's the one. I recall now that it was called the FX, but some bits also had F60 stamped on them, leading to confusion among Ferraristi.

Thanks for the quick response.
    Cheers.
    I'm erudite ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by LandQuail
    I don't know where this fits into Ferrari's lineage, but I've never heard much about it save for the one article I can't recall to cite. Maybe it's all part of Ferrari's Big Secret Custom Car Division, along with the 550 station wagons and F355 swamp buggies they built for the Shah of Wherthefukevergustan or where the **** ever it was.
    i knew about the 456 venice cars, but any info on 355 swamp cars?
    12 cylinders or walk!

Undoubtedly the F60 is coming out at that time. It will be a perfect finale to their show and since every rich person in the history of the world is showing up, it will be perfect for exclusivity and whatnot.

I hope that this is not all the will make for the 60th anniversary

Ferrari Owners Site

As part of its Th anniversary celebrations, Ferrari will build a series of 60 truly unique cars. These will be based on the 612 Scaglietti, the Prancing Horse’s range-topping Gran Turismo which combines blistering performance and superb handling with superior comfort, sumptuous handcrafted trim, state-of-the-art accessories and meticulous attention to detail

The cars will be offered with a two-tone livery in a combination of classic Ferrari colours as used on some of the Prancing Horse’s most memorable models. The interior appointments will feature sophisticated colour combinations and a stunning new-generation electrochromic glass roof, itself a major innovation. The degree of opacity of the roof, in fact, can be adjusted to suit the occupants’ requirements.

To underline the exclusivity of this series of one-offs, each example will also boast an enamelled symbol set on the central tunnel representing one of the 60 historic events chosen to celebrate the marque’s anniversary, as used on the “Ferrari 60 Relay” baton.

The result is a true collector’s car aimed at Ferrari’s most dedicated clients
    Attachment 228608Attachment 228609Attachment 228610
    Last edited by mavanhaasteren; 10-24-2008 at 10:38 AM.
    Ferrari Is The Best

Thread Information