Thread: whats the difference between the 1966 ford fairlane gt/gta and a 71 ford falcon xy gt

whats the difference between the 1966 ford fairlane gt/gta and a 71 ford falcon xy gt

whats the diffrence between the 66 ford fairlane gt/gta and 71 ford falcon xy gtho phase 3 other that ones american and ones a coupe?
    people like u dont need to be on this go to supid land where your mind is ass - toyota4ever

ricers suck...pasta rockets for life - sicilian973-2

The Fairlane is a coupe but the Falcon is a Sedan. Also The Falcon is Australia while the falcon is American also the Falcon is the best muscle car Australia has ever made (in my opinion)
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by acfsambo
    The Fairlane is a coupe but the Falcon is a Sedan. Also The Falcon is Australia while the falcon is American also the Falcon is the best muscle car Australia has ever made (in my opinion)
    i sed that in my post but i do agree on the last bit of the post
    people like u dont need to be on this go to supid land where your mind is ass - toyota4ever

The GTHO of course was a homologated race car for that period's ATCC, which required certain units of vehicles to be available to the public in order to become eligible for racing.

The Fairlane looks like it was a typical muscle car; it had a decent sized engine and brakes/suspension upgraded as a result, but perhaps was more suited to straight line performance and daily comfort.

Not sure how much power the Fairlane has, but the limited research ive done shows its got Ford's 390 V8. The GTHO had the 351 Cleveland, and although exact power figures are unknown (Ford only rated them at ~200kw, same as the standard GT) theyre thought to produce between 370-390hp.

but is everything visualy the same (engine, susp and chassis)? (the reason is im doing a model and the closest kit to the gtho in the fairlane)

The Fairlane has the vertically stacked headlights, whilst the GTHO still has normal headlights. Other than that, whilst both designs are relatively boxy, the Fairlane is noticeably moreso.

i know the bodys different

I drove a Fairlane GT/A for a while in 1969. They were a 335HP, 390 ci torquemonster. The "/A" designation meant "Automatic transmission" and that's good because with that much torque and late 70s tires, they were a real handfull. They are as unlike a Falcon as anything could be. They are a true 60s musclecar.
    Last edited by dubdoc; 02-10-2007 at 07:36 AM.

So was the GTHO Falcon ? probably more so it had more power and lighter weight
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by acemotorsport
    whats the diffrence between the 66 ford fairlane gt/gta and 71 ford falcon xy gtho phase 3 other that ones american and ones a coupe?
    Different body, suspension, engine and everything else. Fairlane is mage in America, Falcon is made in Ausiland, or at least the one you note is. Falcons were also made in the USA when Fairlanes were. Once again, totally different cars.

Thread Information