Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BMW 135i to come to the US

sweet...I'd have one any day It seems better than the A3 and A LOT better than the B

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall
    Holy s**t! The price! The 130i's price tag was whoppingly big, imagine the 135i! Jebus!
    The 130i isn't that expensive if you bear in mind what you're getting. In a way it's like a cut-price Z4 3.0si. On the other hand I find the Audi S3 terribly overpriced (about 1.600 € more than the BMW).

I'd rather prefer they spent the money used in making the 3-litre twin turbo engine fit into the 1-series, and all the harware needed (suspension, brakes,...), in lightening it and updating the base 1.6-litre engine as well.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    The 130i isn't that expensive if you bear in mind what you're getting. In a way it's like a cut-price Z4 3.0si. On the other hand I find the Audi S3 terribly overpriced (about 1.600 € more than the BMW).

I'd rather prefer they spent the money used in making the 3-litre twin turbo engine fit into the 1-series, and all the harware needed (suspension, brakes,...), in lightening it and updating the base 1.6-litre engine as well.
    Interesting you should mentioned weight. Based roughly on the weight difference between the respective 3 series and 1 series models, the 135i should be kicking somewhere around 1420kg. That sounds like a frightening figure for any hatchback, but it actually compares rather well to the A3 3.2 which weighs in at around 1500kg and the R32 which weighs in at a staggering 1600kg. I couldn't find a weight for the new S3.

I dont think its a bad idea, I hope they plan on bringing it here too.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini
    Interesting you should mentioned weight. Based roughly on the weight difference between the respective 3 series and 1 series models, the 135i should be kicking somewhere around 1420kg. That sounds like a frightening figure for any hatchback, but it actually compares rather well to the A3 3.2 which weighs in at around 1500kg and the R32 which weighs in at a staggering 1600kg. I couldn't find a weight for the new S3.
    The official weight figure for the Audi S3 is 1530kg.

In my opinion I don't think current cars need any more power than they already have. For instance the BMW 120i which has 170bhp is from my point of view plenty (if only it was a six...) and I don't think more power is needed, especially if we take into account the ever increasing number of speed cameras and the highly policed roads. I think that from now on manufacturers should focus on ways of shedding weight, be it by lightweight materials or by avoiding innecessary stuff, that'd be much more useful than having more power.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Still won't be fast enough to outrun ugly.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

This is the first pic of a 2-door hatch 1-series car I've seen and have to say I like it. 3.0 TT is overkill but that seems to be the name of the game these days. Can't complain about too much power...

Instead of pushing power to this extent, a less expensive car with class-leading dynamics would create an instant classic, a modern 2002.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

I would never consider buying a new car which doesn't include basic equipment like a spare tyre, a temp gauge, or even a dipstick

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    Still won't be fast enough to outrun ugly.
    Is that your nickname?

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    I would never consider buying a new car which doesn't include basic equipment like a spare tyre, a temp gauge, or even a dipstick
    does it not have any of those? i know as a BMW it won't have a spare tire (goddamn runcraps) but if it doesn't have the other two i'd be suprised?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    does it not have any of those? i know as a BMW it won't have a spare tire (goddamn runcraps) but if it doesn't have the other two i'd be suprised?
    ive heard of modern engines that report oil levels electronically
    autozine.org

Run-flat tyres are just another way of conning you- they tell us that they got rid of the spare to 'save weight' (after giving us the shocking 'space saver' wheel), but each time they don't fit a spare wheel it saves them money.

Gits.

Quote Originally Posted by jediali
    ive heard of modern engines that report oil levels electronically
    I would rather have a dipstick, but for instance also be informed about the level of the window washing liquids.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    Run-flat tyres are just another way of conning you- they tell us that they got rid of the spare to 'save weight' (after giving us the shocking 'space saver' wheel), but each time they don't fit a spare wheel it saves them money.

Gits.
    and you pay for an additional tyre in the rotation scheme...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    It's advancement
    We don't carry starting handles or calcium carbide ( for the acetylene lamps ).
    Few cars (any?) have voltage and current meters.
    Only performance cars have/need oil pressure.
    How often do tyres blow out nowadays ? Gloop and roadside recovery works fine ! The instructions on my PZ are "Call this number" if I get a flat. They are their in 30 mins WITH a tyre -- haven't had to test it tho' (touch wood)
    Does it have electronic oil level checks ? The Alpine has and it's much more civilised than removing parts and wiping them
    So, given warning lights, WHY are those things "basic equipment" ? How many owners ACTUALLY checked their oil level or knew how to use the infrmation from a water temperature guage - as oposed to warning lights.
    Just wondering how many other things we've done without in the car for the last 100 years and which ones will disappear tomorrow .......
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information