Thread: 2007 Chevrolet Impala (redefined picture)

2007 Chevrolet Impala (redefined picture)

Ok I know I posted a diff version of this on the CamEry thread, but this has been updated from then and is more (I think) closer to the actual new Impala thanthe other picture, which was a chopped spy photo of a Malibu I think anyway.

Posted versions are in order of appearence,
    1. new sedan chop
    2. chop of coupe from the Orig
    3. the orig 4 door version
    4. Final Version
    JUST REALIZED THAT THE WHEELBASE WAS TOO SHORT SO ADDED THE 4th PIX CHANGE.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 01-21-2007 at 05:23 PM.

The designs don't really work.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

???..well this (the first sedan)...is Very, Very Close to the Actual new car.
    Personally I think it is a very nice American looking design.
    So tell GM if ya dont like it cuz,...I just rendered what I saw from Nascar photos.
    It will prob look better in reality than what I can do anyway.
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 01-21-2007 at 03:12 PM.

Looks like the sort of quirky passenger car that can only come from America :P
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    ???..well this (the first sedan)...is Very, Very Close to the Actual new car.
    Personally I think it is a very nice American looking design.
    So tell GM if ya dont like it cuz,...I just rendered what I saw from Nascar photos.
    It will prob look better in reality than what I can do anyway.
    I just don't think your second design works very well. The car doesn't work well as a sedan either. The design just doesn't flow.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

TVR...that is the intent of Chevy to design an American looking car having ques from the past Impalas (esp the 67)....this is a trend in american car design now too, returning to American Orignail design and NOT following the competition design, which sucks anyway, esp a chevy that looks like a Honda or Toyota, which IMO has been responsible partly for losing sales in the US market. The current Impala has done quite well tho and was a lead in car to this design. But like I said I could still be off the mark here, as I only saw Nascar versions of the Impala SS.

Johnny...The FIRST picture is my design of what I saw, the other two are from the Orig spy chop, which i agree dose not flow very well at all.
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 01-21-2007 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    TVR...that is the intent of Chevy to design an American looking car having ques from the past Impalas (esp the 67)....this is a trend in american car design now too, returning to American Orignail design and NOT following the competition design, which sucks anyway, esp a chevy that looks like a Honda or Toyota, which IMO has been responsible partly for losing sales in the US market. The current Impala has done quite well tho and was a lead in car to this design. But like I said I could still be off the mark here, as I only saw Nascar versions of the Impala SS.

Johnny...The FIRST picture is my design of what I saw, the other two are from the Orig spy chop, which i agree dose not flow very well at all.

Is it Honda's or Toyota's fault some americans prefer quality products?
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindesh17
    Is it Honda's or Toyota's fault some americans prefer quality products?

I dont see that as a question at all, quality is there in GM products and Consumers Want GM cars & trucks...

http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/consu...006/index.html

Plus GM has a 100,000 mile warranty, more than any other auto maker offers, so you know they cannot afford to deliver any vehicle that wont stand up to that warranty.

As I said before, PAST perception is the hurdle that GM is jumping over right now, and is clearing it with room to spare too !

Cant believe Im ....

being suckered into ANOTHER crappy chop/interesting debate thread...but here goes.You seem to put alot of importance of a brands warranty.Me personally...I dont give a rats ass about a warranty.Its great to have one but who in their right mind wants a car that is going to break down or worse...have a serious safety flaw?Thats why Kia and Hyundai offer 100,000 mile warranties TOO.The cars arent that great to begin with so the lure people into thinking..."WEll its got a 100,000 mile warranty so it MUST be a good car."LOL...that just means WHEN it breaks down or the brakes fail...or the paint fades prematurely or whatever...lol..they can make you jump through hoops and provide documentation to prove you are a competent owner.Because they KNOW that 85-90% of all drivers dont keep enough well documented service records to support a warranty claim.Id rather buy a car based on its RELIABILITY than a sorry ass warranty.Watch Tommy Boy.Like he says..."I can take a shit in a box and stamp it with a guarantee if you want...."guess what its still a box of shit.Besides...that looks alot like an Acura front end.So their goes your "American cars having ques from the past" crap.And also....I hate it for the American families of G.M. employees that are dealing with and will continue to deal with there demise...BUT I really hope they get their asses handed to them so you will look like an even bigger dumb-ass than you already do.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BIGWORM_25; 01-22-2007 at 12:23 AM.

I'm not looking for 'nother debate thread, I think we have covered all that ground already here. GM ain't going under tho, count on that. GM applied the 100,000 mile warranty to ALL GM brands just to dispell the opinion you have expressed so well here. Those remarks are what many people think too, but that does NOT make it to be the TRUTH.

I dont think the warranty is all that important either, I have NEVER had to use one on any GM car I have owned anyway, & they all made it past 100,000 miles with no problems and I have owned quite a few GM, Ford & Chryslers over the years as well as Import cars, as for the Acura I actually like the look of those cars, the new ones of late anyway are decent.

Some of what Toyota says about GM being in a different market is true,...GM makes so many different Brands all over the World for each market and for World markets & with the fragmented auto markets of today it is really no wonder they sell more overall than Toyota, tho it seems Toyota is doing thier best to come up with new car lines to catch up to GM.

I still think that American Autos are just as reliable as any import car made anywhere, and my own personal experience has shown that to be True.

No debate needed ,...I am not gonna change my mind on this anyway, nor buy into the popular myth of japanese superiority, ....that opinion is just NOT bourne out from my understanding and like I said I did own 2 diff toyotas, and will not buy another again.
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 01-22-2007 at 02:13 AM.

i like the 4th pic. much improved on the original.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information