Thread: Need ppls Thoughts?????

Need ppls Thoughts?????

Do the People on This Forum no anything about the Lexus LX 470. is it a good car bad car or just a totally headache please post
    people take different routes just to reach the same END...... DEATH

Do the people on this forum know anything about the Lexus LX 470. Is it a good car,bad car or just a totally headache? Please post..
    Thank you
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

I took the time to edit your message to make it make sense.. You welcome
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

It depends on your motoring needs. For an extreme-duty tank they'd be as good as most

Don't the new LX470s feature that unique 'kinetic' suspension system?

Quote Originally Posted by man 430gt
    Actually, you forgot the question mark at the end of the first sentence, so no, you didn't properly edit the sentence. You welcome

I'm not overly familiar with the car beyond looking up stats, sorry. But just out of curiousity, Biggie, is your user name in reference to Biggie Smalls? I only ask because I'm a diehard Tupac fan, and "Hit em Up" was my iPod alarm this morning... no hate intended
    Reutlingen/ San Francisco

It depends on wether on not you need the extra interior goodies the lexus offers over the Toyota Landcruiser Amazon, because technically, they are the same car. They are both brilliant off road and make good luxury SUV's. If you want a better interior spec, go for the Lexus but if it was me I'd save some money and go for the Landcruiser for off-roading.

It'd make more sense to edit your first post to put that in. Also, it's "you're".
    Last edited by Vaigra; 01-21-2007 at 10:28 AM.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Do the people on this forum know anything about the Lexus LX 470. Is it a good car,bad car or just a totally headache? Please post..
    Thank you
    do you mean a "total" headache?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra
    It depends on wether on not you need the extra interior goodies the lexus offers over the Toyota Landcruiser Amazon, because technically, they are the same car.
    Technically AFAIK that Kinetic suspension system I mentioned is a Lexus exclusive and not shared with the Landcruiser

Ah, yeah, overlooked that suspension. There are rumours that it'll be available for the upcoming new Landcruiser but if I was looking to choose between the two (and it has been considered, to take to Pakistan) I'd take the Landcruiser. Less to go wrong and more chance of getting it repaired in hostile areas, along with that extra saving. The Landcruiser is a proven off-road beast, I don't think the KDSS is really needed.
    Last edited by Vaigra; 01-21-2007 at 10:25 PM.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

There'd be much more complex componentry in an LX470 (or indeed Landcruiser) than the kinetic, which does offer benefits for both off and on-road use

Seen their website?

http://www.kinetic.au.com/techno.html
    (Lexus use the simplest RFS)

http://www.kinetic.au.com/oldernews.html
    Kinetic have yet again proven the reliability and functionality of its suspension technology with kinetic equipped Mitsubishi Pajero Evolutions taking 1st and 2nd place in the worlds longest and most unforgiving motorsport event, the Dakar rally.

"Not one component had to be replaced during the event" said Kinetic MD Andy van Kann. "a win in the Dakar is essentially the ultimate validation of the technology for off road endurance racing"

spruced up toyota with a BS price tag. Comes with a dumpload of features but re-sale is really shit. We valued one a year back that was two years old with low k's and bought it in for $60K but its new price was $140K.
    RUF CTR Yellowbird is what dreams are made of

The Kinetic system appears to be brilliant, I'd love to try their full system.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Thread Information