Thread: Candle Light Vigil

Candle Light Vigil

On friday we had a very tragic event happen at my highschool. A 16 year old sophmore brought in a large knife and after getting into a scuffle in the bathroom, stabbed a 15 year old freshman twice in the abdomen, and once through the heart. Unfortunately the boy died on the way to the hospital. Right now it is unclear why he did it, but he does suffer from aspergers syndrom, a type of autism that effects your perception of what is socially appropriate. However we dont know if this caused him to do this in any way.

We held a small candle light vigil that night, and i wanted to document it so i brought my camera along.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

a couple more
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those are very sad pictures, a sad story as well,

They are very good pictures too, are you going to use them for something, like a memorial?

There is a second vigil tonight and my friend who is an amazing artist is going to use some of my photos for peices of a huge mural she is going to paint in the school during the rest of this semester.

a sad story something like this happened in my school as well...one of my best mates stabbed an older lad from the year above because of some family stuff, he's know in jail for 16 years its a shame because he was extremely intelligent and should of been entering uinversity this year...
    You type without knowledge, you are 'a keyboard warrior - lots of mouth, little brain....

That's terrible. Crazy that this still happens, maybe the idea for metal detectors being used in schools and colleges is difficult to put into practice, but at least students would be safe.
    Those pictures you've taken are amazing. Really set the mood well, very well done.
    ' For the tenacious, no road is impassable '.

good thing you werent involved
    Ferrari will be WCC. Whoever wins the WDC will be from the Scuderia.........Yet who?

Oh no, I'm so sorry... that's extremely tragic

I'm a senior in high school now, but in my freshman year, six children were killed who went to my school: 1 was shot in the head (sticking up for his best friend's gf, who was being teased), 2 were shot in a store robbery (and another kid from a different school was shot during a drive-by at one of their vigils ), two were killed in a car accident, and the last commit suicide while high on shrooms (jumped off the overpass near my house).

That was a tough year, and it's so hard to be friends with someone who's taken away at such a young age. I truly feel for you and wish the best for your healing process.

P.S. if you want to read up on that year, search for C.K. McClatchy High School. All the deaths landed my school on the news a bunch.
    Last edited by TVRs4eva; 01-21-2007 at 03:20 PM.
    Reutlingen/ San Francisco

your perception of the vigil is really well executed. very nice work. and sorry for the loss.

I think it's a beautiful way to capture a sad mood. well done.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Thread Information