Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Australia Day!

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    Maybe Bonsai is laying the preliminary groundwork for an eventual US invasion?

You never know .. ASIO might bomb the Hilton hotel during a CHOGM meet .. its not like that hasn't happened in the past!

Labour are doing ok, but I'd rather see Rudd rack it up a notch & start refering to Lil Johnno as 'the temporary incumbent'
    Funnily enough it was Kochie that first coined Bonsai He was actually funny?

the US invasion has already begun - witness how many aussie kids say "Zeeeee" instead of "Zed"
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    the US invasion has already begun - witness how many aussie kids say "Zeeeee" instead of "Zed"
    none of them......
    they still have the cane up here for that shit.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

That worries you?
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Was up the river all week and celebrated it by boarding, skiing, bbq ( lamb chops) and beer and playing cricket
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    That worries you?
    Yes. Yes it does.

I don't expect you to understand - americans are meant to say it like that. but Australians are meant to say it with a D on the end.

it's unaustralian not to do so.

That is all.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

^ I understand exactly what you mean

Seems like every time you turn on the tv these days you hear .. it

'It' is all-pervading, inescapable and the infestation now extends to most of 'our' advertisements. And you're right about the kids. That dopey looking little girl who appears at the end of the ad for the Mark Taylor/Fujitsu a/c ('its Australia's favorite air') is a good example ..

"eets arrrstrrreeel-yahhhhrrrrrs farrvrrreet ahhhrrr" for gods sake!

Yes. Yes it does.

I don't expect you to understand - americans are meant to say it like that. but Australians are meant to say it with a D on the end.

it's unaustralian not to do so.

That is all.
    I tell my nieces and nephews off when they say Zee and not Zed.
    WWE also gets them too say Vince mackman and not McMahon.. So then it passes on into other areas in life here, We already got kids saying my bad! Easy way out of saying sorry or my fault.
    And the reason it's a problem is because the American Television networks stopped the one and only High 5 from getting on there TV screens, In fear the Americans kids might turn and speak Australian. So they instead got a fake and unoriginal High 5 too grace the U.S TV's. There not the last too do this.. But it seemed too be ok sending Americans kids programs around the world and not allowing them too be modified in anyway.
    Problem is where too soft now a days, Kids of today get a free ride and the law is always backing them up what they want they get.. When i was growing up i didn't get hit because i did what i was told. I spoke with respect and got it back... My niece calls her mum a ***T because she can get away with it, In my day she wouldn't have got the U out without her head spinning off her shoulders. And now her sister is only 5, And she talks trash just like her, Some kids came past on a bike and she said this too them, " Yo ****ers don't come up in here no more" This from a 5 year olds mouth, Because her sister is into the big trash talk because that's how all them gangsters talk as she says.
    It's about time we protected our way of life our way of speaking and living it's what's made us what we are today. Now we are about too loose most of our Australian owned TV stations, It's going too get worse.

The hip-hop/gangster culture although very interesting in its own right, is our worst export. Whenever i see some clown bobbing his head in the civic, with that "mad tyte gangsta shit", i just look at him and laugh. the only way to make it end is to make people feel stupid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    theyre actually really nice people, still baffles them and me as to why you lot hate the british so much. we consider you as allies. since you use our flag. doesnt seem to be the same with you though.
    Dont sweat. Some of the nicest people I know are Poms or of Pom decent. As with all cultures/countries the worst examples tend to get noticed.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Went to the BDO yesterday...AWESOME!

Now I'm really tired, had to get up at 730 to come back home Especially since the JJJ Hottest 100 is being broadcast from Hyde Park and my mate from uni gets to see The Killers side show tonight, lucky bitch
    I am going on Friday and it is going to be 35-40 C! Still, looking forward to it, cant wait! Were Tool scary?

Dude - Triple J let me down again this year - Augie March? WTF?

still, seeing the Killers would have rocked - i got to watch them on MTV for their side gig though, so life is good
    Augie March
    Still you need to vote. JJJ only give the results. I voted for Coheed and Cambria. I think I was the only one!

Quote Originally Posted by speednine
    The hip-hop/gangster culture although very interesting in its own right, is our worst export. Whenever i see some clown bobbing his head in the civic, with that "mad tyte gangsta shit", i just look at him and laugh. the only way to make it end is to make people feel stupid for it.
    I don't mind a bit of head banging.. I just for the life of me understand most of the talk it's like someone is trying too make a new language.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    I tell my nieces and nephews off when they say Zee and not Zed.
    WWE also gets them too say Vince mackman and not McMahon.. So then it passes on into other areas in life here, We already got kids saying my bad! Easy way out of saying sorry or my fault.
    And the reason it's a problem is because the American Television networks stopped the one and only High 5 from getting on there TV screens, In fear the Americans kids might turn and speak Australian. So they instead got a fake and unoriginal High 5 too grace the U.S TV's. There not the last too do this.. But it seemed too be ok sending Americans kids programs around the world and not allowing them too be modified in anyway.
    Problem is where too soft now a days, Kids of today get a free ride and the law is always backing them up what they want they get.. When i was growing up i didn't get hit because i did what i was told. I spoke with respect and got it back... My niece calls her mum a ***T because she can get away with it, In my day she wouldn't have got the U out without her head spinning off her shoulders. And now her sister is only 5, And she talks trash just like her, Some kids came past on a bike and she said this too them, " Yo ****ers don't come up in here no more" This from a 5 year olds mouth, Because her sister is into the big trash talk because that's how all them gangsters talk as she says.
    It's about time we protected our way of life our way of speaking and living it's what's made us what we are today. Now we are about too loose most of our Australian owned TV stations, It's going too get worse.
    Thats exactly it, people are too scared to discipline their kids as anytime you see someone lay a hand on a kid these days, theres someone over your shoulder ringing child services. I remember one time when me and my brother were younger, we mustve been doing something as my mum kept saying if we kept it up, she'll walk off and leave us. Well i guess we kept it up, as she started walking, and it only took half a second for us to stop.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Thats exactly it, people are too scared to discipline their kids as anytime you see someone lay a hand on a kid these days, theres someone over your shoulder ringing child services. I remember one time when me and my brother were younger, we mustve been doing something as my mum kept saying if we kept it up, she'll walk off and leave us. Well i guess we kept it up, as she started walking, and it only took half a second for us to stop.
    That's right it's the best way i done that myself.. My ex sister slapped my niece one day at a supermarket, She was stealing things off the shelves and swearing just going off like a little bitch, She was 8-9 at the time, And because they were out she thought she could get away with it, Bug mistake she got a nice old slap right up the pooper.. This man about 45 walks up too her and says don't do that i'll call the police, She turned around and told him not only too mind his own business but if he wants too father here take this ***T with you.. He shut straight up and took off.

When you have that slap hanging over kids heads you don't even need too slap them as long as that fear of a good slap is around the corner if they push it.

My kids get away with heaps more than I ever did as a kid, but they have still have fairly strict boundaries. Eg We had a family up the river last week with 5 children and they spoke to their mother terribly, didnt pack up ski gear etc. One of the boys aged nine called his mother a c--t and was a right little sh#t the whole week. If one of my children called my wife that they wouldnt walk for a week and forget about going skiing etc for 6 mths. The mother basically excused the behavior because when he gets tired he gets grumpy and not 5 minutes later he was skiing behind the boat.It certainly makes my wife and my self appreciate our children a bit more.
    My favourite saying is: before you have fun the work needs to be done.
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Thread Information