Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: progress on the cherokee so far

Nice Cherokee, I've owned two in my life. The inline 6 is bulletproof.

thanks! i love the 4.0. the only way to go in a jeep if you ask me
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

May I recommend that you get that shitty appliqué wood removed too?

Cancel the 3 inch lift, be a real man and get 10.

And a Whipple charger...

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    May I recommend that you get that shitty appliqué wood removed too?

Cancel the 3 inch lift, be a real man and get 10.

And a Whipple charger...
    real men get wood

haha and yeah while a 10 inch lift would be cool, it would be totally pointless for me, plus i would spend litterally thousands of dollars getting a 10 inch lift. i'd rather pay 150 dollars for my cheapo 3 incher.

i felt bad payin nearly 600 dollars for my tires on my 900 dollar jeep lol.

superchargers suck for offroad btw. shes got plenty of power already, and i still have that nitrous kit at home if i get really desperate (i dont think i will tho lol). i have the mustang for goin fast in.
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Good thing you got those van wheels off it! ha ha
    Last edited by rev440; 01-25-2007 at 06:32 PM.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

if you get a lift order from rustysoffroad.com. A friend of mine has a 94 Cherokee sport with a 3". i think it was like 400 or so from rusty's. You cant body lift a jeep cherokee so dont waste time looking. Well not that i know of atleast. Cragar makes cheap rims too if your lookin for some. Cheapest ive seen is some black ones, like 36 USD a piece. Check rusty's though, its a good site.
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

I love that model Cherokee, the colour is nice too and I actually like the wood! I really, really like the wheels too. Fancy selling it to me? lol
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by SupraMan22
    if you get a lift order from rustysoffroad.com. A friend of mine has a 94 Cherokee sport with a 3". i think it was like 400 or so from rusty's. You cant body lift a jeep cherokee so dont waste time looking. Well not that i know of atleast. Cragar makes cheap rims too if your lookin for some. Cheapest ive seen is some black ones, like 36 USD a piece. Check rusty's though, its a good site.
    Know anyplace you can get a lift for a reasonable price such as the above one for a S10 blazer? I'm interested in doing a 3" suspension lift and body lift this spring/summer and running like 36" tires if they fit. I've never lifted anything before and most of the kits I've found are only 2" and 6".
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

i am going to get 1.5 terraflex shackle extenders, and a 1.5 inch block in the back. and just a 3 inch coil spacer in front. should run about 200 bucks total for 3 inches of lift. its cheap but it'll work for what i need. no body lifts for cherokees because its a uni body.

baddabang, what year blazer are we talking about? theres plenty of stuff out there for them, and its not hard to get a decent sized lift for them. do a search for spring over axle lifts. 36's are pretty big you might be spendin some serious money to do that big of a tire reliably. you may need gears, SYE, ect to run that big of a tire but don't quote me on that either because im not sure.
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

1998 I believe
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall
    1998 I believe
    Werd.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs
    baddabang, what year blazer are we talking about? theres plenty of stuff out there for them, and its not hard to get a decent sized lift for them. do a search for spring over axle lifts. 36's are pretty big you might be spendin some serious money to do that big of a tire reliably. you may need gears, SYE, ect to run that big of a tire but don't quote me on that either because im not sure.
    I've been looking into it and your right I might be able to run 30's tops. It depends on the lift and the fender clearance.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

ive got 31's on a 3inch body lift. I have been doin the same thing, lookin for lifts. Well until i found a new car that is. They make 5" thats about the biggest you can get with out doing a SAS (solid axel swap) up front and going spring over in the rear. Superlift and Trailmaster make lifts for blazers that have longer upper control arms for the front and shackles for the rear. Most kits have you screw with the torsion bars too, replacing the keys atleast. Performance Accessories makes good body lifts also. Ive seen more clearance for bigger tires on a 3in body over a 3in suspension. Check all that out. You will find alot on chevy forums also. Heres one i hope i dont get in trouble for this, just tryin to help a brother out. s10extremist.com I got alot of help there.

Juggs it looks like you know what your looking for. I'd love to see some pics when you get it done. My friend has done magic with his jeep. He just got a roof rack and some KC 150watt fogs.

EDIT: Juggs i was pointing out the obvious on the cherokee body lift. lol
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

Juggs it looks like you know what your looking for. I'd love to see some pics when you get it done. My friend has done magic with his jeep. He just got a roof rack and some KC 150watt fogs.
    i'd love to see some pics of your friends jeep too. i just got 4 130 watters mounted up on my roof. the only pic i have of it is from when i got stuck in the snow the other day tho. i'll have to upload it and show you guys. i got 2 more lights i still gotta put on too. can't ever have enough lighting if you ask me. oh and btw mounting the lights on the roof is a huge pain in the ass let me tell you
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

heres one more picture and one of me stuck in the snow but i have the lights mounted.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Thread Information