Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tiburon 2.0 2003 vs Jetta 2.0 2001: Tips and advice?

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    You're suggesting he already start ricing his car and he hasn't even gotten it yet.
    Not ricing- in PPP magazine, they did a swap for shits and giggles and got an extra 4bhp out of it as well as a much better sound

How's about you skip the Tiburon and trade the Jetta 2.0 for a Jetta 1.8T? 1.8T > Tiburon.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

1.8T is also > than the $13,000 CAD range.

What I'm trying to do with this trade is not pay any extra money for a car that will end up costing me less to maintain. Thanks for your tips on things to add to the car when I get it guys, but I've already got something in mind. What I was thinking was I'd switch the headlight glass over to the newer non queer bubbly ones. I'd have it lowered something like an inch in the front and 3/4 in the back. I also want to throw in some spacers into the real wheels to give it a wider more aggressive stance, because I can't afford wider rims. What do you think about those changes?

Quote Originally Posted by john14
    I think the Tiburon is easily the most beautiful Hyundai ever made.

That sort of goes hand-in-hand with saying the Rolls-Royce Phantom is the best handling Rolls ever made.
    I'm erudite ;-)

Just get a GT V6 Tib...or else there's really no point IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Gtek-i
    The 4banger is all I can afford, that's my point. I do understand where you're coming from though, and I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by john14
    RobPorsche, good luck and I hope you will be happy with your final decision. I agree with LandQuail comments - The Tiburon is a great looking car with credible performance. I think the Tiburon is easily the most beautiful Hyundai ever made.
    Thanks man. I'm sure I will be. I have faith that the car won't let me down.

Quote Originally Posted by Gtek-i
    The 2-litre 4 cylinder is a much better option, since the V6 offers little above it.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

good luck in your swap! you could then trick Evos to a drag race at the lights and see them burn their wheels and torpedoed ahead "owning" you while you cruise along happily.... they just won't give a damn if you're driving a Jetta.... lol
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Ya...I think it's a good deal. But if you change your mind...I always have some good ideas...like an SRT-4 Neon which sources say drive amazing...

Your sources suck as much as the neon.

The 4 cylinder tib will have most of the performance for less money and is slightly less nose heavy, which is important in a car thats more about handling that speed.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Nothing at all undesirable about a 4 cylinder Tiburon, it's just that Hyundai doesn't charge that much extra for 6 cylinders. Still, I can see the advantages in getting the four; cheaper aquisition, better mileage, probably better reliability, cheaper to insure. The disadvantage is limited to being slightly slower than its stablemate and it won't have the six's sonorous growl under hard acceleration.

So, really the four cylinder is the more practical choice even if you could swing the six, as Hyundais are practical cars.

Awaiting pics...
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    Your sources suck as much as the neon.
    uhh theres really no comparison in performance, SRT4>Tiburon.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    uhh theres really no comparison in performance, SRT4>Tiburon.
    Too bad the neon has a weak name, a weak design, and four doors. Its also complete shit quality. I had a 2.0 SX for 2 days, and every half hour I'd find something else to complain about. The ignition can be turned too far at which point nothing works. I actually thought the car was broken and almost called my house to get picked up, but I fumbled around with it some more and I ended up getting a connection with the power again. When the car is started and the key is at the wrong position, you have no electronics in the car. Headlights don't work, the radio doesn't work, everything but the engine is dead. I was actually shocked at how shitty a car dodge managed to build. I never expected much from american marques to begin with, but dodge sure impressed me with how much more they could possibly suck. If you want to own a piece of shit, by all means buy one. I know korea never had the best rep for reliability, but Hyundai are sure holding their own out there against some of the competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche
    Too bad the neon has a weak name, a weak design, and four doors. Its also complete shit quality. I had a 2.0 SX for 2 days, and every half hour I'd find something else to complain about. The ignition can be turned too far at which point nothing works. I actually thought the car was broken and almost called my house to get picked up, but I fumbled around with it some more and I ended up getting a connection with the power again. When the car is started and the key is at the wrong position, you have no electronics in the car. Headlights don't work, the radio doesn't work, everything but the engine is dead. I was actually shocked at how shitty a car dodge managed to build. I never expected much from american marques to begin with, but dodge sure impressed me with how much more they could possibly suck. If you want to own a piece of shit, by all means buy one. I know korea never had the best rep for reliability, but Hyundai are sure holding their own out there against some of the competitors.
    I agree its a weak name, weak design, and has four doors (so what? were not comparing real sports cars here anyway).
    I cant say im a huge fan of the SRT4, and I definetly hate the base neon, but the SRT4 trully is worlds different. like i said when it comes to performance there is no comparison between the two.

Thread Information