Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tiburon 2.0 2003 vs Jetta 2.0 2001: Tips and advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    like i said when it comes to performance there is no comparison between the two.
    Agreed, but you also said we're not comparing true sports cars anyway, and therefore my vote goes to the Tib for more solid build quality.

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche
    Agreed, but you also said we're not comparing true sports cars anyway, and therefore my vote goes to the Tib for more solid build quality.
    touche, just get whatever you like the most (buy an EVO!).

uhh theres really no comparison in performance, SRT4>Tiburon.
    There are other things to consider...
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

I agree its a weak name, weak design, and has four doors (so what? were not comparing real sports cars here anyway).
    I cant say im a huge fan of the SRT4, and I definetly hate the base neon, but the SRT4 trully is worlds different. like i said when it comes to performance there is no comparison between the two.
    It's true that American cars have a lack of quality and build when compared to Japanese cars...but how do you know that Korean cars won't have any problems in the future? No one knows yet...one day a Kia could just blow up or something. There really has been no proof yet that Korean cars are reliable...YET Why not just get a...Toyota Celica GT-S TRD? Or a Cobalt SS? Or a used Beemer 325i? Or an IS300? Or...

Quote Originally Posted by Gtek-i
    It's true that American cars have a lack of quality and build when compared to Japanese cars...but how do you know that Korean cars won't have any problems in the future? No one knows yet...one day a Kia could just blow up or something. There really has been no proof yet that Korean cars are reliable...YET Why not just get a...Toyota Celica GT-S TRD? Or a Cobalt SS? Or a used Beemer 325i? Or an IS300? Or...
    Or I work at Hyundai and all the cars you just listed would make no sense for me to buy lol. I think you're missing the point here man. I'm trying to save money on parts and labor. I can only do that if I have a car from the company.

Or I work at Hyundai and all the cars you just listed would make no sense for me to buy lol. I think you're missing the point here man. I'm trying to save money on parts and labor. I can only do that if I have a car from the company.
    agreed...go ahead then...

Quote Originally Posted by Gtek-i
    Why not just get a...Toyota Celica GT-S TRD? Or a Cobalt SS? Or a used Beemer 325i? Or an IS300? Or...
    Do you have any idea how much any of these cars a worth? Heres a clue:

ALOT more than a Tiburon.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

I didn't want to start a new thread for this question, so I'm just going to post it in here. Does anyone know what a 1973 Dodge Challenger is worth that needs pretty much everything redone? The body is good, the paint is garbage, the interior is garbage, don't know about the chassis. It's been sitting on a property along side the road I live on since mid last summer. It hasn't moved from the spot and its sitting with a bunch of other shotty conditioned cars with a hopeless future. It looks as though there are no plans for these vehicles, so I want to take the challenger off of their hands for super cheap and keep it to fix later on as a project when I can afford to. Muscle cars like that are becoming increasingly hard to come by, so I want to make a move if I can do it for as little money as possible. What would you guys say my odds are? I'm going in tomorrow after work to talk to them.

if you can get it for really cheap do it, but don't expect to be able to compeltely restore it for quite some time, it gets costly...
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I didn't want to start a new thread for this question, so I'm just going to post it in here. Does anyone know what a 1973 Dodge Challenger is worth that needs pretty much everything redone? The body is good, the paint is garbage, the interior is garbage, don't know about the chassis. It's been sitting on a property along side the road I live on since mid last summer. It hasn't moved from the spot and its sitting with a bunch of other shotty conditioned cars with a hopeless future. It looks as though there are no plans for these vehicles, so I want to take the challenger off of their hands for super cheap and keep it to fix later on as a project when I can afford to. Muscle cars like that are becoming increasingly hard to come by, so I want to make a move if I can do it for as little money as possible. What would you guys say my odds are? I'm going in tomorrow after work to talk to them.
    The value really depends on the vin of the car and what options it had. Try to get the vin and find a vin decoder online for the car and figure out what it had.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

I'd find out what condition the chassis is in. Becuase if it's in good condition like the body, that'll save time, money and effort.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    I'd find out what condition the chassis is in. Becuase if it's in good condition like the body, that'll save time, money and effort.
    If the frame is crap, it's not even worth looking at.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

That was my point?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

If reliability means going on and on and on and on. I'd say Korean makes are second only to Japs. Build quality's crap thou, same as Japs. I'll still vote for Audi, BMW, Merc for build quality, but reliability? East Asian makes - barring chinese makes. Oh, early Malaysian makes are also marathon goers - but they're by far the worst in build quality, i've never seen (even China makes) cars that are sooooooo badly made. ( I meant the Proton. Perodua makes are miles ahead, almost on par with 90s Jap makes.)
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    My feeling is that you don't really know how long you'll be working there, so you may not be advantaged in this regard. Also, even if you save on maintenance, as you said, the extra insurance cost will eat that up. Not to mention that IMHO the Jetta is a much nicer car, even with the lackluster little 2.0l in there. Besides which...there's that Korean car stigma...Hyundais may or may not be good cars, but after they foisted that abomination by the name Excel on us, I'm not willing to place any bets on it being reliable, and the stigma still follows the car wherever it goes.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Thread Information