Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Officially Confirmed Entries for the 24 Hours of Le Mans

Officially Confirmed Entries for the 24 Hours of Le Mans

At least three Audis this year in Le Mans.....

http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html...icle&sid=47093

Is Peugeot running one car or two?

Emil Kirschner
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 01-23-2007 at 08:08 AM.

Two cars.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Any info on the Spykers?
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo
    Any info on the Spykers?
    They're gonna be at Sebring so they can get an entry

Not really an extensive list. I want Ferrari and Aston to win their class at Le Mans...........................
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

Any info on the Spykers?
    These are the automatic entries based on the 2006 results. I'm sure Spyker will get one or two entries again for the variety.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    These are the automatic entries based on the 2006 results. I'm sure Spyker will get one or two entries again for the variety.
    Ok, thanks for the info.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Ok, thanks for the info.
    They were actually in third place when they retired. Jan Lammers should also get an invitation; his new Dome looks very quick.

(Ted Joans)

They were actually in third place when they retired. Jan Lammers should also get an invitation; his new Dome looks very quick.
    Well, I guess they all should get an invitation then, they all look quick IMO...

But serious: is there any reason why they shouldn't have sent him an invitation? I mean based on the results he should get one.

Well, I guess they all should get an invitation then, they all look quick IMO...

But serious: is there any reason why they shouldn't have sent him an invitation? I mean based on the results he should get one.
    No the automatic invitations are based on results in several races and championships. For example the class winners at Le Mans all got an invitation, the top two in the Le Mans Series all got one. Etc. Lammers did not achieve any of the required results to be eligible for an automatic invitation. After Sebring, the ACO will send out further invitations to the teams that have applied for an entry.

(Ted Joans)

No the automatic invitations are based on results in several races and championships. For example the class winners at Le Mans all got an invitation, the top two in the Le Mans Series all got one. Etc. Lammers did not achieve any of the required results to be eligible for an automatic invitation. After Sebring, the ACO will send out further invitations to the teams that have applied for an entry.
    Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up. I don't really have that much knowledge about Le Mans and the related events.

It's a pretty new system. In the past, the invitations were all completely up to the ACO.

(Ted Joans)

Lammers' Racing for Holland and Dome have been working on the new Dome LMP together

Oh yeah, JMB Racing will be at Sebring, so they're prolly looking for a Le Mans entry.

Quote Originally Posted by carsnut
    Not really an extensive list. I want Ferrari and Aston to win their class at Le Mans...........................
    I agree about Aston, I want them to win. They brought an awesome fight to the Vette's this past season. The most recent Car and Driver issue had a badass article on the DBR9's.

Thread Information