Thread: v8 supercars - 07 season

v8 supercars - 07 season

the 07 v8 season starts in 38 days and this is what will be different this year

*14 rounds this year includes eastern creek and winton they do not race at the australian gp this year
    *new VE commodore starts, all but 2 Holden drivers will drive them
    *there will be a #1 on a Holden's door - R.Kelly (wanker)
    *the TV coverage is on 7 not 10 this year
    *team kiwi has raised all the money they need to get back on track and they will have a new ford falcon bf
    *Shane price and jack Perkins (development series #77-78> main series #7-11) will drive the 2 jack Daniels racing cars
    *ford will get a new aero kit so they can be competitive
    *there will be only 1 britek car on the grid that will be Jason Bright's car (ford performance racing #6 > britek #25)
    *Steven Richards now drives for ford (jack Daniels racing #7 > ford performance racing #6)
    *john bowe now drives for pcr (team boc #12 > Paul cruickshank racing #111)
    *Paul dumbrell now drives with scar (jack Daniels racing #11 > super cheap auto racing #20)
    *Greg Murphy now drives with Tasman motorsport (super cheap auto racing #51 > Tasman motorsport #51)
    *Andrew Jones now drives a ford with team boc (Tasman motorsport #3 > team boc #12)
    *triple 888 now has sponsorship from vodafone

everything else is unchanged for season 2007

full drivers list here http://www.v8supercar.com.au/teams/tmdrvopt.asp?ind=M

full calender list here http://www.v8supercar.com.au/calenda...topt.asp?ind=M
    people like u dont need to be on this go to supid land where your mind is ass - toyota4ever

ricers suck...pasta rockets for life - sicilian973-2

Britek have confirmed Alan Gurr in the 2nd Britek car. Also, the BF aero change (and subsequently BF homologation) has been brought about alongside the VE's introduction, with both given slight aero reductions in a supposed hope to increase overtaking (likely to be masked by the new points system). However, whilst Holden has been successful in getting almost all Holden entries in a VE, those 2 remaining VZ's will actually have an advantage as there was no VZ aero adjust. Its the Aurora/Chev engine upgrade all over again....

Interested to see if Greg Murphy will finally get back on form and get a bit more luck this year, and how the JD cars go with the 2 development guys.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by acemotorsport
    *there will be a #1 on a Holden's door - R.Kelly (wanker)

Gold
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Saw the new 888 Vodafone BF Falcons....the aero kits look pretty different - theres a fairly substantial chunk of the front 1/2 of the side skirt missing - looks weird.
    I am a New Zealander, and I hate Greg Murphy. Yes, we exist.

Yeah theyve also trimmed an inch or so off the front lip. What im really surprised about though is how many people are trying to associate the 888 livery with McLaren's livery. Almost as if the Macca's "Chrome" is being mistaken as part of the Voda livery.

Yeah...that front lip's definitely shorter...along with the side skirt thing (which sorta..slant out), makes the whole car look pretty budget, i reckon. The Vodafone livery doesnt help, either And it's meant to increase passing, eh??.....should be interesting.

Here's a pic for everyone who hasnt seen the new BF 888 car yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Monty_Burns; 01-24-2007 at 09:23 PM.

Passing's going to increase anyway now seeing as only half the guys are going to get points and theres the control brake rotors, but of course VESA and Cochranes crew will claim its because of the aero revisions.

I was reading in Greg Murphy's NZ Autocar column....he reckoned softer compound tyres would do the trick for more passing....seemed to make sense (unlike some other things he says )

Well it could happen, but theyve just got to stop making the cars pigs to drive. Right now, cause of the locked diff they run the suspension soft in order to unweight the inside tyres so they can actually turn in.

Given them a decent LSD and we'll probably get alot more possible lines into corners.

Those skirts look the Holden ones now, I never noticed that they didn't have the turned in bit at the front
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Thread Information