Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Honestly, What Is This World Coming To?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    That's a stupid reason to be upset about it. Think of the murderers who watch people murdered in movies. Think of the reckless drivers who watch car chase scenes. She's portraying the part of, what I assume is, a real person enduring real circumstances. Why should the movie be less real than the real-life story?
    You worded that perfectly, I totally agree.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by Piacki_117
    That is just shocking. The Dutch are crazy. And unless pedophilia is legal in the Netherlands, I don't get how they had a right...
    It was 100% legal ! Many opposed it though and a house of the leader, which happened to be in my town, has been thoroughly demolished. Mostly by people my age,including friends, but plenty of older people too.

Anyway, I'll explain why it would be legal in France too. Correct me if I am wrong please.

Every human being has the right of an opinion. Remember the "freedom of speech" laws. The members of the party were mostly members of a allready existing organization. They were pedophiles, but had NOT been accused or trialed by any judge (afaik that is).

They organized a party and got the x-1000 signatures they needed to join the elections.

Nothing illegal so far right ?

They didnt win any seats in our parliament. I would have preferred to see them there, instead of some "politicians" that want to kick me(and many others) out of my home-country.

A shocking truth perhaps for some, but we are ALL pedophiles. Why ?

In ancient Greek:
    Pedo = child
    philos = a verb meaning to love

Dont we all like (most) children ?

Disclaimer:
    I dont support these guys AT ALL. I just mean to describe they had the right to form a party, by law. They would have in any country with freedom of speech/opinion. The actions of the pedophiles mostly disgust me.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie

In ancient Greek:
    Pedo = child

I hate kids.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

They organized a party and got the x-1000 signatures they needed to join the elections.
    That is even more shocking. I know many mayors sign in the name of the 'democracy support', but really, I can't get it.

In ancient Greek:
    Pedo = child

I'm afraid in that case 'to love' has the meaning of 'to have sex'. Do you have sex with children?

Quote Originally Posted by TVRs4eva
    How sick can you get? The mother should be ashamed of herself, think of the pediphiles who are going to watch this... it makes me sick I think it's entirely unneccessary, the girl doesn't know what she's getting into... what a total lack of integrity. A rape scene isn't necessary to establish a sense of sympathy from the audience, and the mother is despicable for sacraficing her daughter for the sake of an oscar. God...
    wow... uneeded over-reaction. how is her daughter being "sacraficed". it is a MOVIE. A film, an interpretation. God.
    Quote Originally Posted by man 430gt
    Yeah but her mum with this whole sexual reference thing, me just against it all!
    what? can you be a bit less vague?
    Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    I hate kids.
    same
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling
    can you be a bit less vague?
    Please...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Do you have sex with children?
    Erm, no comment.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

That is even more shocking. I know many mayors sign in the name of the 'democracy support', but really, I can't get it.
    Freedom of speech is something not all of us understand. Just watch the oversea's.

I'm afraid in that case 'to love' has the meaning of 'to have sex'. Do you have sex with children?
    My dictionary ancient-greek:

Phileo = to cherish,to love, to be received well, to kiss, to like to do, to be common.

It has just been given that tag by society. You have Citro-philes too,right They dot have sex with Citroens.

And not I did not and will not have sex with any children.

Thank God I don't Watch 14 years down the line when this "Pint Sized" actress is going crazi like Paris Hilton and Barely wears any clothing the mother will be like "Where did we go wrong?!" This is truely disgusting..
    Only difference is, Paris could never get raped, because she gives it up pretty much as soon as she knows your name, and also, all paris has done to get famous is have sex, she wasnt a successful child actor.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Ok, people, freedom of speech is a wild and outrageous crazy-liberal idea in the US, where we are so conservative we ban potentially life saving items because the Bible says no.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I agree with Matt.
    Freedom of speech ftw.
    Don't judge people based on your values. Remember, all values are societal and relative, not absolutes. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that is wrong is to force other people to live the way you think they should.

Personally I got a problem with a kid being allowed to act in a film which includes nudity.

Let's face it, most people only start functioning properly in the brain department when they hit their twenties (I'm already over the quarter-of-a-century mark and I still struggle to keep all systems going smoothly, actually I struggle quite a lot with it).

I fear somewhere along the line this young actress is going to realize what she did. She might not have a problem with it when it eventually sinks in, but then again maybe she'll blame whoever guided her, in this case being her mother. She could turn out like MacCauley Culkin or whats-his-name and give herself over to drugs (OK, Hollywood isn't exactly known for it's drug-free attributes), she could get suicidal tendencies due to feelings of guilt etc. etc.

Given, there's many paths in life that could just as easily lead to the above, but the difference is that should she go ahead and act in this movie, the thought of it having been seen by millions of people I think will only make it worse, should she have a problem with it later. After all, she's a kid first, actress second.

I'm all for freedom of speech, but I'm also all for protecting and nurturing the youth.

My hope is that the movie is turned down, but que sera sera.

EDIT: After re-reading I think I got a bit ahead of myself in the above. If in the movie an implication only is made that the character got raped, without any nudity on the part of the young actress, then I don't see a problem.
    Last edited by Kooper; 01-25-2007 at 07:05 PM.

Thank God I don't Watch 14 years down the line when this "Pint Sized" actress is going crazi like Paris Hilton and Barely wears any clothing the mother will be like "Where did we go wrong?!" This is truely disgusting..
    Honestly if the little girl has psychological problems, im sure the media would play a bigger role then 15 seconds of a rape seen. Don't be so dramatic about the situation. Not only that but, how old are you?? Are you old enough to drink? There are a lot of young people who go out in barely nothing. Just because paris hilton is riding the ****ing im young, rich, and crazy, train doesn't mean everyone is. You don't need to go through a traumatic event in your life to want to drink. So shut up and don't jump to conclusions britty.

EDIT: not only that but if you've ever seen an interview with Dakota fanning you would know she is a pretty intelligent little girl. I think it is safe to assume she know's what she is getting into and understands the role.
    Last edited by speednine; 01-25-2007 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by speednine
    Honestly if the little girl has psychological problems, im sure the media would play a bigger role then 15 seconds of a rape seen. Don't be so dramatic about the situation. Not only that but, how old are you?? Are you old enough to drink? There are a lot of young people who go out in barely nothing. Just because paris hilton is riding the ****ing im young, rich, and crazy, train doesn't mean everyone is. You don't need to go through a traumatic event in your life to want to drink. So shut up and don't jump to conclusions britty.

EDIT: not only that but if you've ever seen an interview with Dakota fanning you would know she is a pretty intelligent little girl. I think it is safe to assume she know's what she is getting into and understands the role.
    im not sure where the whole drinking reference came from, but the last paragraph is very true, shes pretty smart.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Freedom of speech is something not all of us understand. Just watch the oversea's.

My dictionary ancient-greek:

Phileo = to cherish,to love, to be received well, to kiss, to like to do, to be common.

It has just been given that tag by society. You have Citro-philes too,right They dot have sex with Citroens.

And not I did not and will not have sex with any children.
    Let's try this with the meaning of the word, and not just the root words; so, if she wants to do this, so be it. Regardless, I won't be going to see this-I prefer comedy, or anything that doesn't involve rape.

pe·do·phile /ˈpidəˌfaɪl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pee-duh-fahyl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun Psychiatry. an adult who is sexually attracted to young children.

Also, pedophiliac.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1950–55; pedo-1 + -phile, or directly < Gk paidóphilos loving children]
    So, yeah, In this case it's a bit more than love.
    I'd just like to say that I am on the side of freedom of expression.
    Last edited by Mr.Tiv; 01-26-2007 at 04:37 PM.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Thread Information