View Poll Results: Which one would you recommend for my mum?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Audi Q7 4.2 V8

3 6.98%
  • BMW X5 4.8is

1 2.33%
  • Land Rover Dicovery III 4.4 V8 HSE

6 13.95%
  • Land Rover Vogue/Sport Supercharged

11 25.58%
  • Lexus RX350

1 2.33%
  • Mercedes-Benz R63 AMG

5 11.63%
  • Mercedes-Benz GL500

2 4.65%
  • Porsche Cayenne Turbo S

5 11.63%
  • Volkswagen Touareg 4.2 V8/5.0 V10 TDi

5 11.63%
  • Volvo XC90 4.4 V8

4 9.30%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewife

Desperate Housewife

Ok my mum is ready to sell her Audi Q7 3.0 TDi S-Line. She's tired of its looks and the 'noisy' diesel. She wants a new car but it has to be an SUV that is also pretty good when the going gets tough. We don't live near the city. Quite far away actually and it tends to snow almost every winter so she needs it to be capable on snow. And it needs to be practical too. She does ALOT of shopping so folding rear seats and a big boot are a must. There are only 4 of us in the family but she wants an SUV with 6 or 7 seats. We've been to all the dealerships of the choices shown. She wants something different. Something that no one will mistake. And it needs style. Not beauty. She's really interested in the Volvo and the Merc R63. So i need help to help my mum decide. These were her comments on the choices when we went to the dealership:

Audi Q7- I don't want the same car again. Plus at first it looked ok, now it looks like 2 tonnes of blubber on wheels. So no.

BMW X5- Isn't it getting replaced soon? Anyway every mall i go there's always at least a herd of them. No.

Land Rover Discovery III- This would be great for our place. But its too boxy. But maybe.

Range Rover/Sport- This was my first choice. I don't care if there are alot of them. But it only seats five. Maybe.

Lexus RX350- Its a really girly car. But same as the Range Rover. It only seats 5. No.

Mercedes R63- Don't want the 320, 350 or 500. It has to be the 63. Looks are strange but it might grow on me. This could be it. Very likely.

Mercedes GL- OMG its big! I thought the Range Rover was big but oh my! No! Its too big!

Porsche Cayenne- One look at it and no.

VW Touareg- Hmm, like the facelift. But it only seats 5 and the top model is a diesel. No

Volvo XC90- Oh i like the looks. V8's wheels look good. Practical and safe isn't it? 7 seats, ok boot. Silver or black. Very likely. Its either this or the R63.

So i really need your help. Real people that AREN'T dealers! Which one should she get? Or suggest any other opritons.

Range Rover every time.

wheres the suzuki vitari..haha. i agree with rs6. RR is special-and to be more agreeable get it with the 3.6 TDV8.
    autozine.org

suggest a Panda 4x4.....JTD,
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by jediali
    wheres the suzuki vitari..haha. i agree with rs6. RR is special-and to be more agreeable get it with the 3.6 TDV8.
    The Vitara? You didn't

Hairdresser's car of choice for quite some time!

(Then they found the MX5)

Why the hell do you need 7 seats if you're only 4. Meh.

The Range Rover (or Disco) and the Volvo are the only "sensible" choices. The real sensible choice would obviously be a normal car or station wagon with 4WD.

Don't get the R63. There is absolutely no point in getting one. It's a resource hogging POS. Get the 500 if you really need a big engine, it's plenty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    The Vitara? You didn't

Hairdresser's car of choice for quite some time!

(Then they found the MX5)
    In Aberdeen its the female choice of transport, because theyre are lots of oil rich husbands funding the wifes car there are also countless excesses of mercedes, bmws and porsches being driven in an interesting fashion...(small print: just to balance the argument i drive badly too and have seen other men drive carelessly)
    autozine.org

The best "sensible" car i owned was a 97' subaru justy. It was so safe. too slow to cause any damage and it just gripped or understeered, but the 4wd made it surprisingly effective in the aberdeen winters.
    autozine.org

Range Rover Sport or the Volvo for sure... Stay out of the the R63, it's just a useless and fugly car. I really hate it. In the beginning I though it would grow on me, but I just can't.

Just talk some sense into your mum and convince her to get the Range Rover Sport Supercharged... I'm sure she'll like it.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

LR3. and to your mom on a fine purchase in advance.

I'd get one of the Land Rovers. The latest batch are pretty user friendly and versatile in regards to their 4WD systems, which should make it nice and easy to just drive.

Can I go with none? I f not I'm with Pieter, the Panda 4x4 is a very sensible and practical choice. And if it has to be from the list the Disco.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    Can I go with none? I f not I'm with Pieter, the Panda 4x4 is a very sensible and practical choice. And if it has to be from the list the Disco.
    im sort of with ferrer actually too.
    autozine.org

Chevy Suburban, Yukon Denali XL, Cadillac Escalade ESC. oh wait you dun got great large 6.0 litre V8 engines. they'd be ideal. they're big but feel small. go for the GL. R63 is ugly as sin. Nissan Pathfinder Armada/Infiniti QX56! Toyota Land Cruiser/Lexus LX470/Prado. idk what options you have.
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

If she is really that desperate I have a car she can borrow whenever she feels the need.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Thread Information