Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: first impression of the new C5

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    too big a mouth....
    That's the problem of all recen Peugeots. Apparently the safety pedestrian regulations are to blame, or so I read, but IIRC the Citroen C6 is the car with the best Euroncap pedestrian safety rating and it looks very good indeed.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    That's the problem of all recen Peugeots. Apparently the safety pedestrian regulations are to blame, or so I read, but IIRC the Citroen C6 is the car with the best Euroncap pedestrian safety rating and it looks very good indeed.
    Yes the C6 got the best pedestrian marks.
    I suppose the new C5 will be similarly equipped as the C6. It does not need to have an open mouth.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I would seriously consider one, but I love the Peugeot 407 SW... and I believe my grandfather that lives in France shall soon have a a new 407 saloon to replace the piece of shit namely a 1993 Mercedes 190D 2.5TurboDiesel Auto saloon re-registered with French plates and the lights changed over (it was from England, took with him when they moved) Either the Pug or a VW Passat 2.0TDI or Skoda Octavia 2.0TDI (gramgrams choice) Downside is, the Merc could well end up as my first car grandad plans...

I think I may make him reconsider the Veepugoda if the next C5 looks like that, as with the new C4/C4 Picasso, Citroen are onto a sure winner!
    Last edited by Waugh-terfall; 01-29-2007 at 12:40 PM.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

man that's really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall
    I think I may make him reconsider the Veepugoda if the next C5 looks like that, as with the new C4/C4 Picasso, Citroen are onto a sure winner!
    All we need now is to hope that they fit the 1.6-litre turbocharged direct fuel injected engine in it. I think Citroen (and Peugeot) need to develop new petrol engines (especially those above 1600cc) or make the current ones better.
    Visca Catalunya!

I seriously think that if that car was sold here it would sell rather well.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Citroen is also introducing this, their rival for the Modus, called the C3 Streetlounge, which will be released before the next generation regular C3. By the way yesterday I saw a C3 VTR and it looked very good indeed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Visca Catalunya!

Looks a little Nissan Note-ish. I don't like it really. What I'd really like to see is an RS4 rival from Citroen. Maybe a new C5XTR or something with something like a 4.?litre V8 under the hood. Yumm.

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Piacki_117
    The new laguna will be launched in late 2007 too. And if it's as good looking as the Fluence concept, both Peugeot and Citroën have no chance against it...
    Well as everything in life, that's a matter of taste i really like the C5, robust look and great lines, the Renault just looks a bit messy.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

I for one am a great fan of Renault's designs of recent years, as Dad and I were discussing in the car earlier. I really like the current Laguna GT Estate like my P.E teachers. Lovly looker, the Megane is rather spiffing too especially in R26 F1 Team guise as with the new Clio, just 197 guise. and standard. The Scenics are alright. and I like the luxury one, name escapes me. The Espace is beautiful and the Avantime is sublime. I reckon they should re-launch it, I think it was too ahead of it's time and scared people a little, now I think it'd do rather well in the market place.

Motion & Emotion

the Avantime is sublime. I reckon they should re-launch it, I think it was too ahead of it's time and scared people a little, now I think it'd do rather well in the market place.
    I doubt that. As beautiful as the Avantime is, it'll never be a big seller. Big French cars never are. See the Peugeot 607/605, the Citroën C6 and XM, and the Renault Safrane and Vel Satis. No one is interested.

Given the choice between £30,000 to sink into an Avantime or a BMW 5-Series, I'd take the 5-Series. Then sell it and buy a used RS6.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    I doubt that. As beautiful as the Avantime is, it'll never be a big seller. Big French cars never are. See the Peugeot 607/605, the Citroën C6 and XM, and the Renault Safrane and Vel Satis. No one is interested.

Given the choice between £30,000 to sink into an Avantime or a BMW 5-Series, I'd take the 5-Series. Then sell it and buy a used RS6.
    True. True. Well, the XM was big with my Dad's old company. They had 3 XM Estates and a Xantia Estate. VEL SATIS!!! Thats the one! I kept wanting to call it the Homeostasis... See, I'd take the £30k and buy an Avantime and keep it, despite the very very very tempting prospect of an awe inspiring RS6 of which I'd love.

Motion & Emotion

True. True. Well, the XM was big with my Dad's old company. They had 3 XM Estates and a Xantia Estate. VEL SATIS!!! Thats the one! I kept wanting to call it the Homeostasis... See, I'd take the £30k and buy an Avantime and keep it, despite the very very very tempting prospect of an awe inspiring RS6 of which I'd love.
    That's one company, though!

XMs were awesome cars, but the lack of badge and hideous unreliability sealed their fate. I've only ever seen 2 Vel Satis' hanging around. Both were in Windsor as taxis. Apparently, the Avantime aside, it was one of the cars that sold in the smallest numbers here.

RS6 > everything

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    That's one company, though!

XMs were awesome cars, but the lack of badge and hideous unreliability sealed their fate. I've only ever seen 2 Vel Satis' hanging around. Both were in Windsor as taxis. Apparently, the Avantime aside, it was one of the cars that sold in the smallest numbers here.

RS6 > everything
    I'm doing my English h/w/k men's car advert on the RS6

XM's were nice, huuge. Ours was like a swimming pool in the back after rain and 'my' door handle (rear left) on the inside kept falling off. the Electrics sometimes got a little dodgey sometimes too I believe. I loved the suspension though and the screens behind the steering wheel displaying scrolling info on the car.

I've seen plenty of Vel Satis' especially in France... a few Avantimes, but the majority in France also...

Motion & Emotion

I'm doing my English h/w/k men's car advert on the RS6

XM's were nice, huuge. Ours was like a swimming pool in the back after rain and 'my' door handle (rear left) on the inside kept falling off. the Electrics sometimes got a little dodgey sometimes too I believe. I loved the suspension though and the screens behind the steering wheel displaying scrolling info on the car.

I've seen plenty of Vel Satis' especially in France... a few Avantimes, but the majority in France also...
    Loser

They were comfy, but shite, as already mentioned

The French always buy their own cars; they're very patriotic. When we went to France in 2002, no one seemed to know what our Civic was!

Thread Information