Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I got my license.

I got my license.

I know there's probably a billion threads like that, but oh well, it's my first thread ever so I thought I might post it anyway. I just got my license today, I'm now free to go wherever I want. Everything went well even though I was stressed as hell. The teacher was cool so it helped a lot. I just wanted to share my happiness with you people.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Why arn't you driving? Congrats man.

Congratulations. Enjoy it!
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Have fun!
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Now it's time to pick up hookers and blow.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Now it's time to pick up hookers and blow.
    ahhh another wise qoute from a even wiser man....

anyways well done mate i passed about 2 months ago as well i know exactly how you feel...
    You type without knowledge, you are 'a keyboard warrior - lots of mouth, little brain....

Congrats doggie.

Too bad your in Canada, and I hate Canadian drivers.......
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Having a license is awesome

Congrats much!

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26
    I know there's probably a billion threads like that, but oh well, it's my first thread ever so I thought I might post it anyway. I just got my license today, I'm now free to go wherever I want. Everything went well even though I was stressed as hell. The teacher was cool so it helped a lot. I just wanted to share my happiness with you people.
    Congrats, but do I understand correctly that your teacher gives you your license? Is that not issued via a representative of a third party organisation?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thanks to you all!

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    Too bad your in Canada, and I hate Canadian drivers.......
    I'll do my best to be a good Canadian driver then
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Congrats, but do I understand correctly that your teacher gives you your license? Is that not issued via a representative of a third party organisation?
    I received it right after the final exam, when I went back to the driving school with my teacher after the test. It is given by the driving school on behalf of the SAAQ, which is the society who control licenses in Quebec. I currently have a sheet of paper which acts just like if I had the real license. I'll receive the final one with my picture and everything in a week or so.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

I received it right after the final exam, when I went back to the driving school with my teacher after the test. It is given by the driving school on behalf of the SAAQ, which is the society who control licenses in Quebec. I currently have a sheet of paper which acts just like if I had the real license. I'll receive the final one with my picture and everything in a week or so.
    No what I mean is whether it was your teacher who took your test...(and not somebody else representing the society controlling the license)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

No what I mean is whether it was your teacher who took your test...(and not somebody else representing the society controlling the license)
    Oh, sorry. Driving schools work in collaboration with the SAAQ, so the teacher works in a way for the society. He has the full power to either give the license or not, and the SAAQ only confirm the decision.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

Oh, sorry. Driving schools work in collaboration with the SAAQ, so the teacher works in a way for the society. He has the full power to either give the license or not, and the SAAQ only confirm the decision.
    No offense, but to me that is a conflict of interest. The driving school gets your money, and there are two possibilities:
    The school is interested in having their pupils get their license quickly, which will give it a good reputation
    or
    The school is interested in your money and wants to keep you as long as possible..

(For your clarification: In Holland the driving test is done by a representant from an independent body, whereby the teacher is not in the car during the exam)

No offense, but to me that is a conflict of interest. The driving school gets your money, and there are two possibilities:
    The school is interested in having their pupils get their license quickly, which will give it a good reputation
    or
    The school is interested in your money and wants to keep you as long as possible..

(For your clarification: In Holland the driving test is done by a representant from an independent body, whereby the teacher is not in the car during the exam)
    Wow, you're starting to give me a headache right now I don't know what to tell you, I'm just not aware of that kind of things. I agree with what you say, you could be right. I never heard of people failing for no reason though. All I know is that I passed the test and received my license, that's all I care about. I didn't ask my teacher exactly how they give licenses, I was trying to focus on what he was telling me to do (or not to do) and pass the tests. That's a good debate though, I have to inform myself.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

Thread Information