Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: I got my license.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Québec
    Posts
    5,749

    I got my license.

    I know there's probably a billion threads like that, but oh well, it's my first thread ever so I thought I might post it anyway. I just got my license today, I'm now free to go wherever I want. Everything went well even though I was stressed as hell. The teacher was cool so it helped a lot. I just wanted to share my happiness with you people.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    True North
    Posts
    7,682
    Why arn't you driving? Congrats man.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,495
    Congratulations. Enjoy it!
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    6,066
    Have fun!
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    16,602
    Now it's time to pick up hookers and blow.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    South England
    Posts
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Now it's time to pick up hookers and blow.
    ahhh another wise qoute from a even wiser man....

    anyways well done mate i passed about 2 months ago as well i know exactly how you feel...
    You type without knowledge, you are 'a keyboard warrior - lots of mouth, little brain....

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NEW YORK
    Posts
    6,985
    Congrats doggie.

    Too bad your in Canada, and I hate Canadian drivers.......
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,068
    Having a license is awesome

    Congrats much!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg, Holland
    Posts
    27,323
    Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26
    I know there's probably a billion threads like that, but oh well, it's my first thread ever so I thought I might post it anyway. I just got my license today, I'm now free to go wherever I want. Everything went well even though I was stressed as hell. The teacher was cool so it helped a lot. I just wanted to share my happiness with you people.
    Congrats, but do I understand correctly that your teacher gives you your license? Is that not issued via a representative of a third party organisation?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Québec
    Posts
    5,749
    Thanks to you all!

    Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    Too bad your in Canada, and I hate Canadian drivers.......
    I'll do my best to be a good Canadian driver then
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Québec
    Posts
    5,749
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Congrats, but do I understand correctly that your teacher gives you your license? Is that not issued via a representative of a third party organisation?
    I received it right after the final exam, when I went back to the driving school with my teacher after the test. It is given by the driving school on behalf of the SAAQ, which is the society who control licenses in Quebec. I currently have a sheet of paper which acts just like if I had the real license. I'll receive the final one with my picture and everything in a week or so.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg, Holland
    Posts
    27,323
    Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26
    I received it right after the final exam, when I went back to the driving school with my teacher after the test. It is given by the driving school on behalf of the SAAQ, which is the society who control licenses in Quebec. I currently have a sheet of paper which acts just like if I had the real license. I'll receive the final one with my picture and everything in a week or so.
    No what I mean is whether it was your teacher who took your test...(and not somebody else representing the society controlling the license)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Québec
    Posts
    5,749
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    No what I mean is whether it was your teacher who took your test...(and not somebody else representing the society controlling the license)
    Oh, sorry. Driving schools work in collaboration with the SAAQ, so the teacher works in a way for the society. He has the full power to either give the license or not, and the SAAQ only confirm the decision.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg, Holland
    Posts
    27,323
    Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26
    Oh, sorry. Driving schools work in collaboration with the SAAQ, so the teacher works in a way for the society. He has the full power to either give the license or not, and the SAAQ only confirm the decision.
    No offense, but to me that is a conflict of interest. The driving school gets your money, and there are two possibilities:
    The school is interested in having their pupils get their license quickly, which will give it a good reputation
    or
    The school is interested in your money and wants to keep you as long as possible..

    (For your clarification: In Holland the driving test is done by a representant from an independent body, whereby the teacher is not in the car during the exam)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Québec
    Posts
    5,749
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    No offense, but to me that is a conflict of interest. The driving school gets your money, and there are two possibilities:
    The school is interested in having their pupils get their license quickly, which will give it a good reputation
    or
    The school is interested in your money and wants to keep you as long as possible..

    (For your clarification: In Holland the driving test is done by a representant from an independent body, whereby the teacher is not in the car during the exam)
    Wow, you're starting to give me a headache right now I don't know what to tell you, I'm just not aware of that kind of things. I agree with what you say, you could be right. I never heard of people failing for no reason though. All I know is that I passed the test and received my license, that's all I care about. I didn't ask my teacher exactly how they give licenses, I was trying to focus on what he was telling me to do (or not to do) and pass the tests. That's a good debate though, I have to inform myself.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. My first kilomters with my new license !!!
    By drakkie in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-23-2006, 01:12 AM
  2. How to Get License in Autralia
    By Equinox in forum General Automotive
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-04-2006, 01:26 AM
  3. SimBin signs long term FIA GT license with SRO
    By NuclearCrap in forum Gaming
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-30-2006, 12:36 AM
  4. "AA" license
    By eltrono in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-19-2005, 06:31 AM
  5. an interesting ny license plate (9-11-01)
    By kitkat in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2004, 09:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •