Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Top Gear 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Cracking review of the Jag, but I can't help but think that a Vantage with PPP would be very difficult to walk away from, given the opportunity.

Still, one could hardly be disappointed with the XK either.
    But the Jaguar is significantly cheaper. A shame that it isn't offered with a manual gearbox.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Looks real good there buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    I actually think James is a very underrated presenter. I think he is just brilliant and looks at cars from a different perspective. Sometimes speed and power isn't important
    I completely agree, I think there just all a great team, without one or the other it just wouldn't be the same....
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    You say that as if it is somehow negative.
    indeed I did
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

XKR in red = vomit, why ruin a stunning car by painting it red. Grey for the win!!!
    James May is a great presenter!
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall
    XKR in red = vomit, why ruin a stunning car by painting it red. Grey for the win!!!
    British Racing Green is better. But I agree red is awful on a car like this.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Seems Top Gear can't do anything these days without falling foul of someone...

Quote Originally Posted by BBC.co.uk

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6324129.stm

The handling of Richard Hammond's return to Top Gear has been branded "insensitive" and "insulting" by a charity for people with brain injury.

Headway said it had been inundated with complaints particularly over comments made by presenter Jeremy Clarkson.

At the start of Sunday's show, Mr Clarkson asked Mr Hammond if he was mental, while James May offered him a tissue in case he started dribbling.

The BBC said the show was not intended to cause any offence.

It really was offensive and insulting to all those people living with brain injuries
    Peter McCabe, of Headway

Headway chief executive Peter McCabe said: "This has created such anger among members of Headway. It really was offensive and insulting to all those people living with brain injuries.

"I think the whole way the show handled the issue was wrong. They should not have shown the crash.

"It just glamorised fast driving and gives the impression people can make a full recovery from head injuries.

"That is not always the case."

Complaints

The charity said it had received 50 complaints via the telephone helpline and through email from members and has now announced it will be making a complaint about the programme.

Mr Hammond, 37, was left fighting for his life in September following the crash in when his jet-powered car came off a runway near York at 280mph.

The BBC Two show featured footage of the crash.

A BBC spokesman said: "Top Gear's audience is familiar with the irreverent tone of the programme and this was typical of the type of exchanges that take place between the presenters. It was certainly not intended to cause any offence.

"The item showing Richard's crash could not have been a clearer illustration of the dangers and excitements of speed."

The programme has also fallen foul of Brake, the national road safety charity.

It said it was "shocked and appalled" by Mr Clarkson's comment that "speed kills" just after pointing at Mr Hammond following clips of the crash.

Jools Townsend, from the charity, said: "Clarkson's comment was highly irresponsible and offensive to anyone who has been bereaved or injured at the hands of a speeding driver.

"A shockingly disproportionate number of young male drivers are dying on our roads and it is highly irresponsible for the BBC to allow Top Gear, with its target audience of young males, to openly make light the deadly act of speeding."
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Bitch. Bitch. Bitch. Complain. Complain. Complain.

Can these people just stop crying over silly things Top Gear does that 90% of the viewing population considers funny, or just?
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

OMG 50 complains means 50 billion people didn't like it.
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

so they all complained to the charity
    why not to the BBC direct.

and the old adage still stands up.

if you don't want to watch it, don't watch it.

I'm sure ITV news/The Mirror will be running it as a story soon...

Quote Originally Posted by syko
    OMG 50 complains means 50 billion people didn't like it.
    that's the theory used by supporters of 'vetes and cobras
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I believe Richard is back because he wants to get back on with his life again. It's not as if they forced him back to work :S
    Besides all the 'Are you a mental?' and the tissue stuff is just a joke. Surely by now people would know what Jeremy is like...

Motion & Emotion

Tonights Episode : Alabama Car Painting:

Was that for real. looked prettt scary. putting "hilary for president", "man love", "country music sucks" in paint on the cars seemed to stir up trouble. Its not often you see the film crew during final playback but they really seemed afraid. Fantastic episode though - especially the road kill cow on JC's camaro! One to d/l if you havent seen it lads.
    autozine.org

It really was a classic. Smashing James's car, 'the boys' at the petrol station and Richard having to give James a jumpstart... Washing the slogans off with Banana Milk. Legendary.

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    It really was a classic. Smashing James's car, 'the boys' at the petrol station and Richard having to give James a jumpstart... Washing the slogans off with Banana Milk. Legendary.
    You could tell that from the grainy camera-phone images??

I'm still trying to work out if it was staged....

Thread Information