Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1992 3000GT VR4 VS. 2007 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    I would suggest joining a 3000GT specific forum, and asking owners there the best way to launch the car.
    Might do that once i get it, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    I want pictures of your clutch after the race.
    If there's one thing that sucks about a heavy ass AWD car is that....

My friend's clutch was messed up all the time

How to do it in an Evo IX (According to Evo magazine):

"...The secret is to hold the car against the handbrake, clutch biting, engine boosting , any slack on the drivetraintaken up, before simply releasing the handbrake and punching away from the line. Its disconcerting at first but surprisingly kind to the car."

Something to try I suppose.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

It will also depend on the track. 3000gt will be better for a track with turns ranging in elevation and negative pitched corners. The mustang will be better for the straights, and possibly sweeping corners where the carrying speed would be higher. It also will depend heavily on how you drive each car (skill). Around a tighter course my money would be on the 3000gt, on a longer track such as Road Atlanta, the race would be tighter, but it would be great watching the race, (onboard camera ).

Check out this forum HERE for a good 3000gt webring
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

I'm quite sure they are going to be street racing, probably in a straight line too.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Well that figures... In that case, my votes for the mustang. I would rather see a track race than any straight line 15 second accelerator mashing.
    -Carrol Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    How to do it in an Evo IX (According to Evo magazine):

"...The secret is to hold the car against the handbrake, clutch biting, engine boosting , any slack on the drivetraintaken up, before simply releasing the handbrake and punching away from the line. Its disconcerting at first but surprisingly kind to the car."

Something to try I suppose.
    Thanks that kinda sounds like it would work, im not sure but its worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer
    It will also depend on the track. 3000gt will be better for a track with turns ranging in elevation and negative pitched corners. The mustang will be better for the straights, and possibly sweeping corners where the carrying speed would be higher. It also will depend heavily on how you drive each car (skill). Around a tighter course my money would be on the 3000gt, on a longer track such as Road Atlanta, the race would be tighter, but it would be great watching the race, (onboard camera ).

Check out this forum HERE for a good 3000gt webring
    If i can get him on a track, id love to do that. But i have a feeling we'll be drag racing on a drag strip...not street and actual track. And ive seen 3si.org, its good but i dont wanna pay til i actualy get the car.

I'm quite sure they are going to be street racing, probably in a straight line too.
    Street, probably no...straight line yea, track would be better and more fun but he wouldnt do that.

Well that figures... In that case, my votes for the mustang. I would rather see a track race than any straight line 15 second accelerator mashing.
    it would be less than 15 lol give the cars some credit. Yea id rather do a track race, it would give me the advantage and would be more fun.

Yeh mid to high 13's I imagine. Good luck, bring back a slip.
    -Carrol Shelby

Yeh mid to high 13's I imagine. Good luck, bring back a slip.
    sounds about right, i did see a clip of some guy who got his stealth to do mid to high like 7's or 8s...i would imagine 8's cus 7 is just insane. Ill try to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing
    Street, probably no...straight line yea, track would be better and more fun but he wouldnt do that.
    I don't blame him, overtaking on a track with two equally matched cars is difficult and usually ends up with contact. Look for some Touring car videos and you'll see what I mean.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

settle it on the autocross track. tests the car and the driver. and both of those cars provide entertainment for the rest of the scca crowds. namely they laugh uncontrollably. but seriously, it is a great way to see what your car can do, and would give you a safe way to pull a straight up competition, timed to within a thousandth of a second.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

I wish we had the kind of autocross you get in America, what we call autocross is actually a weird combination of Rallycross and time trials. Autotesting (the one with the cones) involves handbrake turns, reversing and other low-speed car control skills. Neither are a brilliant way to test a car.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

I wish we had the kind of autocross you get in America, what we call autocross is actually a weird combination of Rallycross and time trials. Autotesting (the one with the cones) involves handbrake turns, reversing and other low-speed car control skills. Neither are a brilliant way to test a car.
    Sounds like it tests the driver more than the car, still might be fun

At various driving schools, they put you through the same maneuvers. In a Top Gear episode, they did similar things. Basically it gives you training to perform stunts and such things similiar to the ones you see in car commercials (at least thats what I guess).
    -Carrol Shelby

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    In a drag, my money would be on the Mustang. AWD gives you a better launch, but the extra weight means the Stang will pull on you quickly - AWD is not really that well suited for drag racing, you need to have a ton of HP to really put the AWD to use AND make up for the weight gain.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Thread Information