Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 1992 3000GT VR4 VS. 2007 Mustang GT

if the mustang guy knows how to drive he'll have you. i have taken out a couple vr4's in my turd even.
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

good way to make you'r car faster. put catback,and boost controller and boost gauge.they are cheap in ebay.boost the car up to 14 psi (not more than that) and then you have a mid 12 sec car.don't forget to not launch the car hard if you don't have bracket for TC.launch from 4500rpm,or slip te clutch a little to reduse the stress from TC.you can use hand brake to bilt boost befor take off.it'll recuse the stress from TC.how good you turbos are?
    edit. don't shift from red line.stock turbos are really small and you'll loos power after 5000 rpm.shift around 5500 to 6000 rpm.tht'll help you to hold the boost.
    Last edited by mehrshadvr4; 02-01-2007 at 04:06 PM.

A boost guage isn't going to make his car any faster, infact I think the VR4 will already have one.

Also 15 year old engine + 14psi + drag racing = blown engine.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    A boost guage isn't going to make his car any faster, infact I think the VR4 will already have one.

Also 15 year old engine + 14psi + drag racing = blown engine.
    you don't buy boost guage to make more power,you use it to masure the boost when you add manual boost controller.vr4 has one ,but it's fack and it dosn't show the right boost.as long as engine is healthy it'll be safe.so even if it's 15 years old or maybe 130k miles on engine,it'll handle the boost .15psi with stock turbo on a vr4 is like adding cold air intake on a honda,o it dosn't hurt anything

.15psi? As in 0.15psi? Thats like moving down to sea level.

15psi would be around double what the car normaly uses, just how many of these mega horsepower cars have been built using 15 year old parts? There are loads of other Japanese turbo cars that are supposed to reliably take two or three times their original rated power and its just not true. Go and look on the autotrader websites there are far more tuned cars with lunched engines than there are that are reliably putting out 400-500hp.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

i need to add my new car has 166k miles on it right now.it has about 450hp to the engine on 15psi using two wrx turbos.now stock turbos compare to those are nothing.as i said if the engine is healthy i'll handle the power ,if it's not then it'll go down soon or later even if it's stock.i don't know what you mean by 15 years old parts.i have seen one pushing close to 1000 hp to the engine using all old parts,but it wasn't really high mileag engine.

yea ive heard that they stand up pretty well to decent hp upgrades. Just what ive heard thou. They say you can get em up to 750-800 hp if you know what your doin. althou i wont ever get it that high...maybe 450-500 max over the course of its whole life.

Edit: As for the drag track and car, the rich little punk is getting a new Camaro which i know i cant keep up with, and im gonna insist on a track with turns haha, im more of a cornering kinda guy anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing
    yea ive heard that they stand up pretty well to decent hp upgrades. Just what ive heard thou. They say you can get em up to 750-800 hp if you know what your doin. althou i wont ever get it that high...maybe 450-500 max over the course of its whole life.

Edit: As for the drag track and car, the rich little punk is getting a new Camaro which i know i cant keep up with, and im gonna insist on a track with turns haha, im more of a cornering kinda guy anyways.
    if you do what i said,you'll smoke him,unless he sprays. if you have a healthy engine ,you can get 650whp safly with right turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by mehrshadvr4
    i need to add my new car has 166k miles on it right now.it has about 450hp to the engine on 15psi using two wrx turbos.now stock turbos compare to those are nothing.
    Any proof? Particulaly of the power?
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Quote Originally Posted by mehrshadvr4
    if you do what i said,you'll smoke him,unless he sprays.
    Oh noEz, d4ng3R 2 t3h m4n1f0LD! !!11 lol 1!!1elvn!
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Any proof? Particulaly of the power?
    what do you want me to do? you pay me i'll take it to dyno.it'll put down 350AWHP.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Oh noEz, d4ng3R 2 t3h m4n1f0LD! !!11 lol 1!!1elvn!

there is no danger to manifold.LOL

Don't make claims you can't prove, and don't say your car is reliable when according to your own thread you've owned it for almost two months. TVRs can last two months without breaking FFS.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Don't make claims you can't prove, and don't say your car is reliable when according to your own thread you've owned it for almost two months. TVRs can last two months without breaking FFS.
    i bought the car with this much WHP.it has been making that much power befor i buy it.i had my othere car makingsame power,but it had only 70K miles on it.

So the previous owner provided you with proof then? How hard is it to post that on here?
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

well, i think the mustang would win, first of all, the guy has experience, and has just as much time to get even more ready than you (not that he will) but the mustangs have pretty good accell but i do think youll come off first if you practice timing. but watch out for him catching up, and so you can shift a little better get a light. helps a load

Thread Information