Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 1992 3000GT VR4 VS. 2007 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    So the previous owner provided you with proof then? How hard is it to post that on here?
    no proof,but i can see the boost gauge goes up to 15psi.i really don't care how much this car makes now.i'm just waiting till weather gets warmer then i'll put bigger turbos and my new engine in.

My car's speedometer goes up to 120 and revcounter 8,000 and it does neither of these.

Why did you buy a car that claims to have 400hp if you are going to throw away the engine in three months?
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

My car's speedometer goes up to 120 and revcounter 8,000 and it does neither of these.

Why did you buy a car that claims to have 400hp if you are going to throw away the engine in three months?
    To make more then 400hp?
    UCP biggest mustang lover

so i can sell the turbos that are already on it. it has some othere extra parts too.
    Last edited by mehrshadvr4; 02-06-2007 at 08:44 PM.

Ok new question. New proformance cams, complete downpipe(no cats at all), the K&N airfilter, and a boost controller if it doesnt already have one on it. Think that could put down close to 400 awhp? and will this still be ok for daily driving to school and work and anywhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing
    Ok new question. New proformance cams, complete downpipe(no cats at all), the K&N airfilter, and a boost controller if it doesnt already have one on it. Think that could put down close to 400 awhp? and will this still be ok for daily driving to school and work and anywhere else?

no.the stock turbos are too small.if you buy 15Gs and 550cc injectors and fule pump then you can.you can but 13gs too but you need to run race gas to get 400whp and the price is about the same as 15gs.you don't need cams unless you have big turbos.cams are not cheap and you can buy turbos for that price.you can get 650whp on stock cams.they cost about the same.you don't need any othere modification to put 15gs on.they are bolt on turbos and you can put them on if you have tools.it cost you $500 $600 or maybe more to put the cams on.remember if you don't know much about cars i highly recomend to take it to tuning shop to tune it.i can sell you my fuel pump ,turbos , injectors and S-AFC for $1800+ shipping.that's all parts you need for your car to get 400whp + down pipe and y pipe and MBC .but you need to wait till i part the car out.i can sell you the MBC and boost gauge for $50 shipeed if you want to. my turbos have 1500 miles on them before i total the car and injectors and fuel pump have about 5k miles on them.you can buy turbos before catback as well and .it'll get you to 400whp with stock cat,but i recomend to buy down pipe and y pipe.i have the y pipe too and you can buy ebay down pipe for $100.
    Last edited by mehrshadvr4; 02-07-2007 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mehrshadvr4
    no.the stock turbos are too small.if you buy 15Gs and 550cc injectors and fule pump then you can.you can but 13gs too but you need to run race gas to get 400whp and the price is about the same as 15gs.you don't need cams unless you have big turbos.cams are not cheap and you can buy turbos for that price.you can get 650whp on stock cams.they cost about the same.you don't need any othere modification to put 15gs on.they are bolt on turbos and you can put them on if you have tools.it cost you $500 $600 or maybe more to put the cams on.remember if you don't know much about cars i highly recomend to take it to tuning shop to tune it.i can sell you my fuel pump ,turbos , injectors and S-AFC for $1800+ shipping.that's all parts you need for your car to get 400whp + down pipe and y pipe and MBC .but you need to wait till i part the car out.i can sell you the MBC and boost gauge for $50 shipeed if you want to. my turbos have 1500 miles on them before i total the car and injectors and fuel pump have about 5k miles on them.you can buy turbos before catback as well and .it'll get you to 400whp with stock cat,but i recomend to buy down pipe and y pipe.i have the y pipe too and you can buy ebay down pipe for $100.
    Thanks i may take you up on that offer if you still have em when and if i ever get it, its iffy right now

new turbos and such are a bit extreme for basic mods heres what you need to do, look up the "free boost mod" its simple and safe and it will bring you to 320hp/315tq

cheap easy install mods: ebay y pipe,stillen downpipe, cone filter, boost gauge, boost controller

with these mods you will walk the stang if you dont do it already stock
    Last edited by hermitageVR4; 02-08-2007 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hermitageVR4
    new turbos and such are a bit extreme for basic mods heres what you need to do, look up the "free boost mod" its simple and safe and it will bring you to 320hp/315tq

cheap easy install mods: ebay y pipe,stillen downpipe, cone filter, boost gauge, boost controller

with these mods you will walk the stang if you dont do it already stock
    free boost mod is suppost to make it equal to the 2nd gen 3kgt vr4s right? i heard it was just a little restrictor in some tube? as for down pipes i found this one its stainless steel, its a pretty much straight thru and i believe its 3" diameter. It didnt give me a brand but once i get home ill get the link off my bookmarks. Y pipes you say just get off ebay? how much do you think all off this will be if you had to guess?

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing
    free boost mod is suppost to make it equal to the 2nd gen 3kgt vr4s right? i heard it was just a little restrictor in some tube? as for down pipes i found this one its stainless steel, its a pretty much straight thru and i believe its 3" diameter. It didnt give me a brand but once i get home ill get the link off my bookmarks. Y pipes you say just get off ebay? how much do you think all off this will be if you had to guess?
    ebay y pipe sucks.the y pipe won't add much power as i experienced ,but you'll need it to run more than 15 psi.they made the oem y pipe some how to blow up if you pass 15psi. yea free boost gives you same power as 2nd get vr4 so if you add MBC there is no need to do it.about down pipe.i have ebay down pipe on my car,it's cheap and works great.it's much lighter than oem as well.i made 352 awhp with 15gs and that down pipe @ only 13psi.i gained 55 whp from 11.5 psi to 13 psi.my EBC was broken and i couldn't pass 13psi.i was sure i could get 420 to 440 awhp on pump gas and 17 to 18 psi.i bought a new ebc but my car jumped timing ,and after that i got t bone.lol

Quote Originally Posted by mehrshadvr4
    ebay y pipe sucks.the y pipe won't add much power as i experienced ,but you'll need it to run more than 15 psi.they made the oem y pipe some how to blow up if you pass 15psi. yea free boost gives you same power as 2nd get vr4 so if you add MBC there is no need to do it.about down pipe.i have ebay down pipe on my car,it's cheap and works great.it's much lighter than oem as well.i made 352 awhp with 15gs and that down pipe @ only 13psi.i gained 55 whp from 11.5 psi to 13 psi.my EBC was broken and i couldn't pass 13psi.i was sure i could get 420 to 440 awhp on pump gas and 17 to 18 psi.i bought a new ebc but my car jumped timing ,and after that i got t bone.lol
    are you just trying to lose us? Do you have a dyno in your drive? otherwise your a fine mechanic. (no sarcasim intended)
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali
    are you just trying to lose us? Do you have a dyno in your drive? otherwise your a fine mechanic. (no sarcasim intended)
    i did it last year,but i might be able to find it.i guess i have to bring the dyno shit next time when i dynoed my car.
    Last edited by mehrshadvr4; 02-09-2007 at 12:26 PM.

heres the downpipe i found, tell me what you think of it?

http://www.ssautochrome.com/search.i...ryTitle=3000gt

3000 GT vs 07 Mustang

Granted The 3000GT has the Advantage of the AWD but Like everyone is saying You will either fry or glaze a Clutch. I know In Subaru They have a Primary Drive Gear in the Trans for the AWD and when you do burnout its not good for it cause you can blow a trans apart. I dont know if they have the same Mitsubishi. Im assuming its something pretty close. The All the Mustang has to Do is rev it up to 2 1/2K Let the Clutch out 1/2 and than right before the Tree turns gree. Let it out. He wont Smoke his tires they will just Chirp. my GT has clost to 400HP And I rev mine up to 2k and let the clutch 1/2 out and dont have a problem. Best place for you to practice is on the strip if thats where your gonna be racing. Because that other guy is right there is alotta rubber built up on the strip which makes your launch alot different than on the street. Oh and if you have any other questions about your car you can ask me. Im a Mechanic. Later.

you wont kill your clutch after just a couple of launches here and there but is certainly not recomended on a regular basis, as for the downpipe the all seem the same so I really couldnt tell you whats good and bad, just keep in mind they will keep you from passing emissions(I think anyway) Instead of a downpipe you could get a test pipe its a hell of alot cheaper (70$ 3sx.com), it will remove the cat and help free up the flow, but if you have the money buy a dp

the cost of all the stuff (filter,test pipe,manual boost cont., ypipe) can easily be had for 150-250$ check out 3sx.com for a huge selection of 3000gt specialty parts.Shop around
    Last edited by hermitageVR4; 02-10-2007 at 12:03 AM.

Thread Information