09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

I'm not sure how it might be over there, but here 993s actually make a fairly good argument for an investment. The running costs are obviously still not nice, but pricewise they're holding a lot better than the 996.

It also my favourite 911. So fair play to your family. Hope you have some good times together!

Awesome car, I am jealous. Load more pictures soon please!

Nice! I love Porsche's with red interior. I must try and get some pics of my neighbors 993 Turbo. He says the 993's are grat fun and so exploitable but the Turbos are a little scary. Shame parts for older Porsches are so expensive. We were looking into used Boxter S's last year but nothing seems to be coming of it. I hope you have fun with it, IMO far nicer car than the BEE-EM
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Very good car, I love it. After the 911 Carrera RS 2.7 probably my favourite Porsche.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Fanastic car. Love the color.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall
    Shame parts for older Porsches are so expensive.
    err.... they're really not, porsche is trying to support the collectors/classic porsche market these days, majority of parts are not badly priced at all.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    Very good car, I love it. After the 911 Carrera RS 2.7 probably my favourite Porsche.
    Dad was looking for that generation 911 at first, he's always loved that shape most. Problem is that it's not rust proof, and dad's new place is right by the sea without garage, which doesn't really mix well. He found this 993 around the same price (save for a couple old 911s which were double the price, nothing in-between oddly) he felt like it was a better option. It's also his second favourite bodyshape, and given the circumstances it made more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauc3
    Dad was looking for that generation 911 at first, he's always loved that shape most. Problem is that it's not rust proof, and dad's new place is right by the sea without garage, which doesn't really mix well. He found this 993 around the same price (save for a couple old 911s which were double the price, nothing in-between oddly) he felt like it was a better option. It's also his second favourite bodyshape, and given the circumstances it made more sense.
    Well as daily driver I totally agree with you, plus apart from rustproofing, everything else would be more reliable too, altough I believe that german cars are some of the most reliable and dependable classics out there.

However as far as desirability is concerned, the original is hard to beat.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

the turbo 993 may well be the greatest 911 ever, it certainly was one of the fastest

I wish that I had a 911. Have fun driving that - I suggest a trip around Australia both clock - and anti-clock - wise.

Thread Information