Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions/Opinions, Post them here!

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,

Suggestions/Opinions, Post them here!

I just wanted to make this thread to continue this thread:

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ad.php?t=27475

I only hope that people who have suggestions or opinions regarding this site to get a chance to post them here, and I really don't see the point of closing threads like these. We should have a thread where we're free to post our own opinions, and not getting it closed for no specific reason.

To keep this thread alive:

1. This is not a thread to flame, so please don't include names in your posts that imply any ranting against specific people.

2. Follow the UCP guidelines, don't cuss, don't spam, and you know the rest.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Yes, please keep the thread clean. I want this suggestion/opinion thread to last for a while.

Could it possible to add the Cars, Events and Features menus added to the Forum toolbar W?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Do you somehow think there was a reason why the previous thread was closed?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

In my opinion, I think the site is great how it is and I can't think of any major improvements to be suggested...

The only one I could think of would be to maybe start adding video files to updates? Just maybe "video of the week" of some race event, but then again I know nothing at all about bandwidth costs and all that. I just think it might be neat.
    Reutlingen/ San Francisco

Quote Originally Posted by TVRs4eva
    In my opinion, I think the site is great how it is and I can't think of any major improvements to be suggested...

The only one I could think of would be to maybe start adding video files to updates? Just maybe "video of the week" of some race event, but then again I know nothing at all about bandwidth costs and all that. I just think it might be neat.
    The larger problem, despite it being a good idea, is the requirment for new equipment.

In order to create good quality (as you've probably noticed this website doesn't do low quality) videos you would need video cameras, computers that can handle it and expensive editing programs, all of which is not really feasible for a small video per update.

The video thing is a nice idea, except that the cost of implementation would mean that it'd pretty much have to be a perk for supporting members. And then it gets argued that we plebs can just go find things on youtube/etc to satisfy out vid wants anyway, rendering it mostly pointless. 'Cept for the quality thing, which again.. would cost a lot in bandwidth and such.

Wouter is a photographer, not a videographer. I doubt W really has any interest in shooting video. Keep in mind that W goes to these shows primarily because he loves the cars; the site coverage is secondary. Can you imagine being able to actually enjoy a car show/event/race with a video camera strapped to your eye the entire time?
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

.... and for QUALITY video of an event you ideally need a couple of crews.
    Each camera needs a tripod with fluidmount, a sound technician and lighting tech - even if only to carry a large reflector
    Anything else is only good enough for YouTube !!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Could it possible to add the Cars, Events and Features menus added to the Forum toolbar W?
    About 15 minutes of work. Proposed it long ago, nothing happened either. Still like this concept.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    Do you somehow think there was a reason why the previous thread was closed?
    Because somebody "thought" it got out of hand, I don't see a problem having a thread so people can suggest ideas.

For example, I'd personally like to see wallpapers section getting updated more often, and a "@ultimatecarpage.com" email if I'm to renew my subscription.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

the e-mail has already been discussed and shot down - we just don't have the server space.

and the wallpapers section is as much down to you as it is wouter - sending in your images helps this place a lot.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

How 'bout you guys quit bitching publicly and maybe try PMing Wouter?

If he doesn't pass the time of day with you, then leave it and forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    the e-mail has already been discussed and shot down - we just don't have the server space.

and the wallpapers section is as much down to you as it is wouter - sending in your images helps this place a lot.
    ...But then thats paying for your own images to be used as wallpapers

makes no sense?

Phew, thank god we have another suggestions thread now! I thought we were doomed after the last one was locked.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Thread Information