5 door
    Estate
    Diesel
    £12000 less
    Used or new
    No older than 05

Anyone got n e recommendations?

Hes been thinking of a Skoda Octavia Estate

I like the 2.0 Subaru Impreza estate, but that might not suit his needs. (wife has a baby on the way, and they have a big dog!)
    I aint know "rookie"
    2006 Ford Mustang 4.6 V8 Premium GT
    2008 Chrysler 300C SRT Design
    2007 Alfa Romeo Brera 2.2
    1972 MG Midget 1275

Skoda Octavia is the best bet.

Subaru Legacy.
    ' For the tenacious, no road is impassable '.

You can get diesel Subarus?

I'd go for the Octavia also. If it wasn't for the age restriction he could get a much bigger car for that money.

A five year old Vauxhaul Omega, its massive, the 2.5td engine is brilliant, Vauxhaul servicing prices, probably well under budget too.

Volvo V70s are also massive and you get the added bonus of people letting you out of side streets, not cutting you up and rarely overtaking ESPECIALLY if you get a white one.
    Last edited by h00t_h00t; 01-27-2007 at 05:09 PM.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

I second the Volvo idea. If looked after they'll go for ever and they're a nice place to be. I just bought a '96 850 R with over 200K kms on the clock and it's as good as new.

Dont forget to check out the most comfortable in it's class, the Citroen C5 Break. The HDi engines are pretty good

Tell them to look at a Vauxhall Vectra 1.9CDTI (150BHP) Estate. The load bay is absolutely massive, it has a fantastic engine with good fuel economy and wont cost much to run. The latest ones drive really well too.

I really like the new Vectras, I'd buy a hatch with that engine if I could afford one.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Quote Originally Posted by carbrochuretom
    I like the 2.0 Subaru Impreza estate, but that might not suit his needs. (wife has a baby on the way, and they have a big dog!)
    I don't know if this would suit the conditions for this purchase, but have you suggested a Subaru Forester? It's the same platform and engines as an Impreza, just a bit bigger and they are proper wagons, rather than hatchbacks. Supposed to be a very good car. But no diesel IIRC.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    Dont forget to check out the most comfortable in it's class, the Citroen C5 Break. The HDi engines are pretty good
    From '05 and less than 12,000? I think that can be hard...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

What about a Fiat Stilo 1.9 JTD Multiwagon? With the Bravo about to be launcehd I'm sure he'll be able to get a very good deal indeed. Here it costs about 15.500 € (~£10,200).

Another good option would be the Renault Megane 1.5 dCi Estate. It starts from 18.000 € here (~£11,900).
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo
    From '05 and less than 12,000? I think that can be hard...
    I'm guessing that you have no idea how heavily big Citreons depreciate over here.

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www...ch_full=SEARCH

If you refresh every half hour or so, you can actually watch them depreciating in front of your eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    What about a Fiat Stilo 1.9 JTD Multiwagon? With the Bravo about to be launcehd I'm sure he'll be able to get a very good deal indeed. Here it costs about 15.500 € (~£10,200).
    Thats another good one, Stilos sold terribly over here and depreication is massive too. So he might be able to get a lower mileage/higher spec model than almost anything in the price range.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Thread Information