Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firewall

Firewall

Does anybody know a free and easy firewall program to download? I tried Zone Alarm but after downloading it didnīt work. So any other alternatives?

I find Norman a pretty good one. It does the job it needs to do pretty good. Not free though

What was wrong with ZA ?
    One of the best I've installed for many over the years.
    Maybe we can help you get one of the best working
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    What was wrong with ZA ?
    One of the best I've installed for many over the years.
    Maybe we can help you get one of the best working
    zonealarm is by far the best. free and easy and doesnt slow your computer down. simple choice.
    autozine.org

Personally I use Zone Alarm and have never had any problems with it. I have however heard from certain geeky computery types that Kerio's free firewall software is also very good, apparently it's even better than ZA running on Windows XP. I have no idea why as I'm clueless about this sort of stuff, but the people I've heard it from know their stuff. Hope this helps.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

I will attempt another download of ZA and let you guys now the outcome (to be continued)... What really shows is, that as soon you ask a question for help in one of the UCP forums, you get a response within minutes or so. It proves that you are actually ehrrm... nice and helpfull people, THANKS

Gues what, just downloaded newest version and it works perfectly. Strange, last times I tried I got error messages after rebooting.

No prob ... at least it works and you're "safe"
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I did start off using Zone Alarm, but for some reason got very annoyed with it.

Been using Kerio ever since (3 years) very happily, in combination with AVG.

Whatever you do:

Never. Install. Norton.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Never. Install. Norton.
    Indeed. It caused serious problems with my PackardBell home computer. It made it run like a snail. Startup times were 30+ minutes and gave virus messages all the time. How on earth can one have 120.000 virusses in one folder,with only empty .txt files generated by Norton itself ?

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    Indeed. It caused serious problems with my PackardBell home computer. It made it run like a snail. Startup times were 30+ minutes and gave virus messages all the time. How on earth can one have 120.000 virusses in one folder,with only empty .txt files generated by Norton itself ?
    it sickens me to see (IMHO, bad) dell computers advertised with "12 months free norton anti-virus". I would rather put up with graham norton for 12 months! And another thing their latest advert....Dell says we will customise your computer depending on your needs, "well i need to watch videos" then the lady says "ok then you need a intel core duo processor"...so youve got a deal with intel then, and isnt that pretty much the only processor you do have - you didnt even specify a processor speed or version. What if you want an AMD? proper GC? a non-dell LCD? anything but one of those crappy keyboards? Also dell are like Ryan-air - the core package IS cheap but the desired/often esential addons bump up the price, also like a BMW too actually!

and breathe...
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali
    and breathe...
    wow, time to chill
    Everything you mentioned is possible with Dell.
    They WERE an Intel-only for a while but now do AMD too -- at a time when the Intel is the only sensible choice

hmm ok, i retract my previous statement....
    autozine.org

Does the free ZoneAlarm provide enough security? I'm pretty tired of the Norton and I'm just wondering if the free version is good enough to replce it. Or must I get one of the expensive versions?
    Last edited by Knuto; 01-28-2007 at 01:53 PM.
    Nulla tenaci invia est via

Quote Originally Posted by Knuto
    Does the free ZoneAlarm provide enough security? I'm pretty tired of the Norton and I'm just wondering if the free version is good enough to replce it. Or must I get one of the expensive versions?
    i dont know how you'd measure "good enough", it updates itself and keeps you well informed...
    autozine.org

Thread Information