Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: 24 hours of Daytona

The question is why would anyone want his work?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    If you mean can a person sue another person in another country, then yes; it is possible.

Say if you were to, for instance, print something in the media about me doing something untoward that was not true, I could sue you for libel through the Australian courts, provided that I had a case under Australian law.

However, it does depend on the person "breaking the law" doing so in a country where they are actually breaking the law.

For example, the RIAA is attempting to sue a Russian music distribution website for several trillion dollars in damages, because the site does not pay for distribution rights.

However, the RIAA has no case, because according to Russian copyright law the website has acted lawfully.

In the case of "MrBrainsofPuddingBatter"; he seems to be saying he will attempt to bring legal action against people selling digitally manipulated images, which is an utter nonsense.

The only case he would have would be if you Right Click > Save As'd his work (why?) and then set up your own website selling (or at least attempting to) them, but again; only so long as that was illegal in the country you were operating.

He doesn't own the copyright to the original images, and he doesn't have copyright on putting a blurry car in front of a blurry background.
    cheers cov
    Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    "I Call A Slander Lawsuit on you!"

And the judge just sits there, bangs his hammer and says "STFU N00b!"

this could actually have potential..........
    LOL
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information