Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 167

Thread: 24 hours of Daytona

  1. #91
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    6,544
    It's about time Matra got here.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    62
    I don't see any point of your replies to the critiques, why aren't there any arguements about anything(the art, the point of view, the attitude or personality) in other members chop threads... Maybe that's the point that you need to realise.

    It's been nearly two years now since I started to follow the forum, I don't post much because for me this is a good way of getting the news and know what's going on in the industry. Therefore, I kind of know everyone in the forum, people that you usually argue know what you don't know about cars (based on your posts, because your posts show that you are not interested in cars as much as photoshop) everyone of them is not illustration expert or an art school graduate, they are talking about their opinions and ofcourse up to one point everyone can tell the weaknesses about your work and unreal looking things. You should take them to improve yourself not defend your art or so. You are lowering your dignity in the forum.

    As I said I'm not interested in chops, but I look at them sometimes and what I see is you lowering yourself day by day by defeneding your attitude and work...
    Last edited by yalim10; 01-31-2007 at 09:59 PM.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,273
    Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    Look, it is a situation YOU are creating
    If you didn't post, why/how would people respond in a negative way, or bring up any other issues relating to you or your business?

    Perhaps you should reflect on how much of the "situation" can be blamed on others, and what role you play in it.

    Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    crit in ART is like a third nipple, basically useless to the artist.
    No, criticism in art is useless to people who don't understand how to deal with criticism.

    Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    but surely is not going to effect my work in any real meaningful manner.
    Good example.

    For the sake of argument:

    You post you works here, the vast majority say "that's rubbish, why not change this, this and this."

    Imagine you did change your work, and everyone now liked it - wouldn't that mean more customers for you?

    You may argue that "enough" people like your work as it is to keep you in business, but you must be a very poor businessman if you are actively trying to prevent your company from appealing to more customers by improving the product to their liking.

    You may argue that this audience does not represent your target demographic, and therefore their opinion is not important to your success. In which case; why bother posting here?

    Simply to antagonise people?

    Not a good attitude to display to prospective customers.

    Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    Im a friggin master artist
    As a person who formally studied art for 5 years, has had more than a passing interest for probably thrice that time, a veteran of many various art galleries across Europe, including those displaying work by people actually recognised as "masters", someone who has studied Transport/Product Design almost every day for the last 5 years, who is part of a cohort of roughly 100 students studying the subject, and who has worked for over a year in the design industry:

    No. No you aren't.

    Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    we are a new company and the GTO was the only car we did, and I cannot show pictures of it anymore because the right to do that was sold with the car
    Why not affix some of your graphics to your own personal vehicle - that would be very good advertising, especially if you are travelling to events?

    It would be beneficial to have pictures of actual things that you have done, as I can't see many customers being impressed with the line of "No, I can't show you anything we've done."

    If you have time enough to waste arguing on here, you have enough to go outside and slap some stickers on your car.

    Fair play if you are actually making a decent living wage from the venture, but, to be brutally honest, your level of "professionalism" and your handling of matters, i.e., negative comments, which could impact directly onto your business are seemingly at a very base level.

    Every time you post something, people make negative comments, and you in turn make comments in reply that do not appear to be rationally considered from a business sense, rather an attempt to defend your own ego.

    From what I have seen in these threads, I would definitely tend away from using your company, because you do not act in the manner that I would expect of someone representing a business.

    I may be wrong; you might be the best person in the world to buy things from, but that is not the impression I am left with.

    As far as I can see - the negative pall that hangs over these threads does neither you personally, nor your business any favours - whether you are the direct cause of that negativity or not.

    It doesn't particularly do much good for UCP itself either.

    You cannot ask us to moderate other people's opinions of you for your personal benefit, instead it is up to you to make sure you are not doing whatever it is that causes people to form and voice so strongly those opinions.
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 01-31-2007 at 09:16 PM.
    Thanks for all the fish

  4. #94
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    857
    OK,.,,so some of the threads cause conflict because of comments not directed at the work itself, some of the threads cause No Conflict and only compliments too !!!...and it is very easy to pick apart any statement and turn it around. That does not impress me as needed here or really anywhere. I may also have done that as well here too, sorry if my comments were mis taken in that manner, when I was actually just attempting to answer as best I could, tho many of the questions were about my business, and tho my time is my own I do have to respect the contraints that running a operation like mine requires.

    My Only Objection here has been the repeated slants directed toward my studio ventures, which I think Are Inappropriate, tho as a new person here I did feel an obligation to provide some answers, it is unfortunate that my responses were misunderstood or ignored as to the real content. I felt that many of the comments were simply malcontent remarks. If i was wrong about that, then I misunderstood .

    The real "spark" tho are the pictures themselves, and this holds true wherever they are seen too, not just here.

    I have worked very hard to create a unique "style" and methods which result in what I consider most of the time acceptable and very competent work. The majority of any audience you may care to select also is able to see that and generally appreciate it as well. I find that it is true that many who have the skills are the ones who object the most because many of my pictures "break the rules" that are taught in PS and art school, this is intentional on my part.

    If I was in some service industry then perhaps other peoples opinions may be more important to my business, but that is not the case rather my business depends upon Originality and Marketing and the ability to bring those two elements together as a venture.

    At this point my clients are confidential as is the work they purchase from us, tho we do commission work, we do it Our way and that is why people buy such work because they want that exclusive and one of a kind Art.

    I don't sell tires or gasoline and I am not competing directly with anyone, or other companies, as a matter of fact we partner with many different people and companies because I provide a unique and EXCLUSIVE experience & product.

    I hope this explanation helps to better your understanding of my position here, because I am not further inclined to keep repeating it to every post here any longer, tho i did my best to provide an answer to each comment posted here to date.

    ...& BTW my personal cars do have my artwork in some form or another on all of them, and No, I am not going to show any of them here. That is the point where I draw a line and so do my clients. My work can be seen at the appropriate place. I am sure everybody here Knows exactly where to find All of my works.

    thank you
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 01-31-2007 at 11:00 PM.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    857
    One final thought, as I am pretty tired of this thread now anyway, Most of the posts I made here so far have had No conflict at all, just a few which were "loaded topics" turned that direction, so it is unfair to judge all of the threads by just a few, and it takes more than just me to keep them going too !...

    But Conflict is part of the entertainment value, here and everywhere,...why else do you think that the TV series "PINKS" is prb the most popular show on SPEED TV ?????

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    nr Edinburgh, Whisky-soaked Scotland
    Posts
    27,777
    JEEEEESUS, you suffer from serious dysfunction in forums.
    You've BS'ed again about what you said and didn't say to avoid facing up to your role.
    You claim you've artwork on your car which is driving around in public but claim you can't/won't post here ?? Weird !!!!!!

    "pinks" is popular ? You serious ??? In the UK it languishes in some awful mid afternoon time on a medicore cable tv channel
    Perhaps explains your business ambitions.
    We'll wait till Wouter's back to find out what the hell he's doing with you on "business" - I hope he's selling you some pics and REMOVING the UCP copyright statements from them

    Hint ... conflict is bad doubly so in business !! You'll learn, sadly it's likely to be the hard way
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

  7. #97
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    857
    yeah Pinks is like one of the top rated shows on Speed and so is Unique Whips....run by Will Castro another "Businessman" very much operating the way I do with exclusive clients and a bad ass public Image, it has to be that way to satisfy our clients, who are sometimes more demanding than I can be.
    Conflict Creates new solutions in business and greater opportunity.
    WM and I have already an preliminary understanding regarding his photos BTW, what I have for him now is Much much more interesting.
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 02-01-2007 at 04:52 PM.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    16,602
    Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    yeah Pinks is like one of the top rated shows on Speed and so is Unique Whips....run by Will Castro another "Businessman" very much operating the way I do with exclusive clients and a bad ass public Image, it has to be that way to satisfy our clients, who are sometimes more demanding than I can be.
    The difference between you and Will Castro is that Will has a real business, and high-profile clients, while you're full of shit.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

  9. #99
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    6,544
    Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    yeah Pinks is like one of the top rated shows on Speed and so is Unique Whips....run by Will Castro another "Businessman" very much operating the way I do with exclusive clients and a bad ass public Image, it has to be that way to satisfy our clients, who are sometimes more demanding than I can be.
    Conflict Creates new solutions in business and greater opportunity.
    Conflict thus far has only embarassed yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    WM and I have already an preliminary understanding regarding his photos BTW, what I have for him now is Much much more interesting.
    Righto.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    nr Edinburgh, Whisky-soaked Scotland
    Posts
    27,777
    Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    Conflict Creates new solutions in business and greater opportunity.
    WHat ceral packet did you read that from ?

    IN REAL management education circles the "conflict" is meant to be of ideas NOT of personality and emotion.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

  11. #101
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    857
    LOL...good reply ! ^^^^

    Unfortunately Not True , because in the everyday real world of getting things done CONFLICT is the Tool to make it happen NOW !!!

    Being precieved as a Pain In The Ass is the price paid to get it done. I have no problem with that. I have a problem posting pictures of My cars because they are so unique that it would be easy for some jack to track down, and sorry I don't trust people that much nor do my clients, we have too much on the line to risk opening ourselves up to general mayhem from some weirdo on the Net. Many of my current clients are wealthy people from Palm Beach, South Beach and Ft Lauderdale and the last thing they want is their images spread all over the net !!!

    No offense meant to anyone here, but ya never know who reads this stuff and it is best to error in the way of caution. So I apologize if I seem rude about it, but I have made that choice and commitment to my clients & will stand by it.

    Rocky and ESP...look here, I mean nothing towards either of you so chill out. Please.
    Nothing I have posted here gives me cause to be emabarassed, besides I don't know the meaning of that word, its like try, cant or shouldn't...all words I don't use. The only difference between me and Will is that he has more money to work with at the present time and I am just starting out, I dont have a big "shop" like his, I work from my home office and have a warehouse for a few cars at a time, but that is about to change for the better very quickly here, I thank you in advance for your consideration in future posts.

    Man !...this thread is sooo popular, I don't think it's ever gonna stop now .....
    (tho I wish it would !) I have created a Monster...LOL We finally managed to end the camry thread ...wats it gonna take to end this one ???
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 02-01-2007 at 07:03 PM.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    16,602
    Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    Rocky and ESP...look here, I mean nothing towards either of you so chill out. Please.
    Nothing I have posted here gives me cause to be emabarassed, besides I don't know the meaning of that word, its like try, cant or shouldn't...all words I don't use. The only difference between me and Will is that he has more money to work with at the present time and I am just starting out, I dont have a big "shop" like his, I work from my home office and have a warehouse for a few cars at a time, but that is about to change for the better very quickly here, I thank you in advance for your consideration in future posts.
    Words words words. You've never posted any kind of proof, just random GM cars w/ $15,000 'vinyl wraps' and some alleged Daytona paintings.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

  13. #103
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    857
    Nothing "alleged" about it !...Rock.

    Go to Daytona and LOOK at the paintings !!!
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 02-01-2007 at 07:10 PM.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    16,602
    Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    Nothing "alleged" about it !...Rock.

    Got to Daytona and LOOK at the paintings !!!
    I'm sure they are there. I just have no proof they're yours.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

  15. #105
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    857
    here they are :

    they are NOT mine !!!!!
    OMG ...you have to be kidding ...right ???

    LMFAON !!! here I am standing next to them !!!!....
    You want me to post ALL the original pictures up here Ill be happy to do so ???
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 02-01-2007 at 07:09 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Dodge Ram Daytona
    By McLareN in forum Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-06-2008, 03:15 AM
  2. Proximus 24 hours of Spa pix
    By Fumacher in forum Multimedia
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 11:25 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-03-2005, 05:10 PM
  4. Alpine Le Mans A442 - Victory in Le Mans 24 Hours
    By Matra et Alpine in forum General Automotive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-26-2004, 05:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •