Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 24 hours of Daytona

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    It's called "emphaisis" and has been used in the English language for centuries before the arrival of the wonderweb
    It shouldnt' really be an issue
    I prefer italics or bold text, but whatever floats your boat works too.

I am not picky, but I do think MDM over uses emphasis.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

I r the crazy butcher -------------------------------------------------------- Feilding, New Zealand
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    From this point forward, I am only reading the capitalized words in MDM's posts. It makes them so much more enjoyable, and, not surprisingly they don't make any less sense then when you read the whole thing.
    Hmm I might try that.

Edit: I gave it a go using this post:

Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    ^^^ ya know AGAIN ..that was done as a Free Choice entertainment thing, and it was done for FUN not Money and we are doing again too for the Daytona 500, it does NOT make me money to do that either, matter of fact it COSTS me to do it. I do it because I LOVE AUTO RACING and to share that enthusiastic emotion with anyone else who simply wants to LOOK at MY PICTURES. You cant BUY those pictures during the event, we dont sell them that way, it is FREE ! As matter of fact, you cant buy those pictures yet even today !!!...and you wont be able to until I complete all the needed things to do so.

I don't see that as being at cross purposes here at all, considering that all this "chop forum" is about is LOOKING at pictures of cars !!!...and That is the ONLY time I offered a reason to come to my site if you want to, but that is a benefit to this site as well as cross traffic increases on both sites as a result. Freedom of Choice is all that is. OTHER sites had a much more reasonable response to that thread too...and not One mention of my Business did they make either !!!;
    http://forums.streetfire.net/showthr...t=15386&page=2
    Obviously the VIEWERS here and elsewhere appreciated the opportunity to watch someone Make pictures as the race happened, and LOOKING cost them nothing ! So how can you consider that spam, when all it is really is a chance to see some new pictures, just like here.

So, still NO more comments on the PICTURES huh ?
    Amazing.
    This turns into something like: Again fun not costs. I love auto racing. Look my pictures buy free, looking only. Other viewers looking. No pictures.
    Last edited by Timeh; 01-30-2007 at 06:37 PM.
    I'm afraid this is a signature, a very pathetic one.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    You can't really complain about speednine's comments on your "art" -- aftera ll you came here to ask for feedback and comments. Don't get too upset that some will NOT find it very good. Astounds me that you think it worthy of removal or ban - he only did what you asked
    Sure I can. He made Zero comment on the Artworks !!!...and refused to even say why?...oh, thats right excuse me he said cuz all Art is Crap.

Oh an Alpine ...see what you encouraged here now....not ONE Comment on any PICTURE that IS
    WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS.

Read this one Timeh & Tiv & see if you get my meaning NOW !!!!
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 01-30-2007 at 06:55 PM.

i find all your work looks like it was executed by a 9 year old. It is more often than not sloppy and not visually appealing.

your first post in this thread is the best, except for the blurring on the wheels and around the headlights.

the second chop is attrocious. the colors make me want to look away.

your third chop looks like a relatively poor cut and paste job.

number 4, the porsche, looks like it was a great photograph until you blurred the wheels and added smoke when it is clearly not burning any rubber.

the next one the guy at the front looks incredibly fake, and the car seems to be floating on top of the picture.

the next one is interesting but i think its mostly cuz i cant see whats going on.

the next one looks really fake. the tire tracks and smoke look horrible. theres no fans in the stands. most of all the car is not sitting at the right angle for where it is placed on the ground.

the next looks like it was a good photo that someone else took until you laid another photo on at a low opacity.

on the next, everything u added to it looks fake and sloppy, especially he thing on the hood. also the office building lights on the car dont belong.

on the vette, everything looks bad. nothing is sharp, the paint job is hideous and looks like a little kid colored on it. the front end is out of perspective. the side exhaust looks bad. the little sketch in the lower right not only looks like a very bad sketch, it is extremely pixelated.

is this the kind of feedback you would like? i only talked about your chops, not your horribly offensive and childish attitude.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

^^^thats better than reading all that other BS, yeah.

But ya should consider this in your crit, these are not 5 hour chops but rather done in response to illustrate the race event as it occured, kinda an artists camera POV thing, and so meant to be FAST and "Live"....rather than detailed and perfect, they are kinda like images going by on TV now ya see em now ya don't.

Obviously some of you here are Experts in turning Anything into a disaster. That is apparent from the many awkward and irrelevant posts made in response to this thread alone !!!...not even going into the other one's here. But it is like this, to me many of the pictures posted here by others lack real creative originality and follow a fashion, but I do not chide them for it.

In my work I strive to be different and use my abilities in challenging ways that create new experiences of visual imagery. Of course I accept that I will meet some resistance in that effort,...but the lack of intelligence behind most of these comments negates any real effective crit, so it becomes hard to see who is real or not here.

Hey THX for at least addressing the pics in your post tho. (the corvette one was not really intended to be here it was just a response to a post, BUt that picture was actually a request and a lead in to doing ...well, never mind.)

Ya know whats really interesting tho about your comments, is that the pictures you gave any hint of positivness to were the ones I did Before (several years ago actually) this race event, and spent ALOT of time doing each of them too, so it really speaks to your understanding of the media more than perception of the pictures in context, but THX.
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 01-30-2007 at 11:07 PM.

Mrdetroitmetal...

it is quite evident that MANY people find your "work" childish,blurry,ill-concieved,and rushed.Also if your website has recieved one dollar from the posts you made on this site you are guilty of spamming.Quit making excuses for the look of those "chops" you did live during the race.They are not good.PERIOD.YES...lol...someone somwhere will buy it because they like that type of thing..(or are blind).You have a problem with doing your business in a conventional way.Meaning...why post on websites that criticize you so much on your "art".Find ONE person on here that has bought one piece of your "art".YES there are people on here that have said good things about your posts...not many but even blind folks give help to other crippled people.Also...why not post some pictures off the GTO you guys did?You cant tell me that a company that would sink so much into a project wouldnt photograph it.Also not that you care but I took it upon myself to E-Mail D.E.I. and tell them I like waht you guys are doing with the officially liscensed Dale Jr. HHRand I cant wait to see the results.I dont expect a reply by them but I just wanted them to know I was looking forward to seeing Dale Jr. on one of Stingrays Studios featured cars.VERY exciting.You arent made to do chops...maybe you can draw...maybe not.Just stick to what you do best.Flooding websites with second rate blurry quickly done "art".

Quote Originally Posted by just_a_doodz
    I was looking forward to seeing Dale Jr. on one of Stingrays Studios featured cars.VERY exciting.You arent made to do chops...maybe you can draw...maybe not.Just stick to what you do best.Flooding websites with second rate blurry quickly done "art".

LOL, and if I stick to that I assume you will stick to what you do best,....being a .......as for the HHR, jeez are you dumb, but THX for building up more interest anyway.
    LMAO.
    As for the GTO...I'll assume you just cant read very well.

AND mr doodz it is just as obvious that MANY people here enjoy what I post, and thats all I really give a s*** about. Get a life...like one of your Own !!!
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 01-30-2007 at 11:35 PM.

Please.

But while your still lousing off mine, heres a few more pixs that should give you more reason to email more peeps with your distinguished opinions and commentary;

Feel free I like to help the Needy.

hey man...LOOK i'm just doin what I do best as you said....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 01-30-2007 at 11:44 PM.

LOL, and if I stick to that I assume you will stick to what you do best,....being a .......as for the HHR, jeez are you dumb, but THX for building up more interest anyway.
    LMAO.
    As for the GTO...I'll assume you just cant read very well.

AND mr doodz it is just as obvious that MANY people here enjoy what I post, and thats all I really give a s*** about. Get a life...like one of your Own !!!
    I don't understand what gave you that idea.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    because he is diluted and simple minded.He also loves the fact that so many people are interested in his "art".I just think its awesome he has such a succesful business even though he posts on forty sites a day doing probably a thousand pieces of sh..."art" while hes at it.Strong work ethic.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    statistical data reports, (I removed some of it from here.)

LOL...you all are trippin.

See, Mr Alpine ....they just dont quit, I even put more Pictures up for them and they still want to talk Shop !!!!...I cant wait to see how they are gonna flip the new Pontiac G5 GXP thread next !!!

Maybe we should just create a Thread ; "RANT WITH MR METAL"...??????
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 01-30-2007 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by just_a_doodz
    because he is diluted and simple minded.He also loves the fact that so many people are interested in his "art".I just think its awesome he has such a succesful business even though he posts on forty sites a day doing probably a thousand pieces of sh..."art" while hes at it.Strong work ethic.
    How about you answer my query before jumping on another member.

Quote Originally Posted by MR DETROIT METAL
    statistical data reports, (I removed some of it from here.)

LOL...you all are trippin.

See, Mr Alpine ....they just dont quit, I even put more Pictures up for them and they still want to talk Shop !!!!
    How am i tripping. you've been lambasted for advertising - which is against forum policy unless your willing to pay. your chops have been amateurish at best, downright painful at worst, and never approved of.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a reason why these forums require your presence any longer.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

I answered you, part of the documentation of that fact I removed at Alpines request. No body here is required to be here either, at least not any of us non mod types....so ??? and I was NOT advertising I was Sharing, thats all. But Alpine said its forgotten...LOL, guess NOT

If you want to rant then like I said lets make a thread for that purpose, I got no problem with that. Seems that all you guys enjoy anyway, we wont even allow any pictures on it if ya want, oh that wont work you need something to spark you off first huh ?

How long do you guys go about hazing new members here anyway ??? It is no wonder that there are not alot of new peeps here with this attitude you demonstrate so well.

...read the caps get my meaning.
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 01-31-2007 at 12:06 AM.

Sure I can. He made Zero comment on the Artworks !!!...and refused to even say why?...oh, thats right excuse me he said cuz all Art is Crap.
    MrD.
    I ask again you actually read thingsd.
    He did say he thought your art sucked and itg was mediorcre.
    You got comment.
    Clearly you only consider comments to be comments if they are saying how wonderful it is.
    The world's not liek that . Having seen the Mona Lisa in person I still think it sucks too Differnet strokes for different folks
    Oh an Alpine ...see what you encouraged here now....not ONE Comment on any PICTURE that IS
    WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS.
    snore
    Been trying to assist you. Already gave my input on the chops (negative) and your business delivery (positive).
    You are overly aggresive, pompous and only want to hear folks stroke your ego for medicore chops.
    I've given advice, the horse is at the water
    PS: Enter your chops in the regular chop comps and see what the chop community thinks and compares it with other works.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

MetA, Mr DM has entered his chops in the comps, and with startling results......
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Thread Information