Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 167

Thread: 24 hours of Daytona

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    nr Edinburgh, Whisky-soaked Scotland
    Posts
    27,777
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyco
    MetA, Mr DM has entered his chops in the comps, and with startling results......
    Damn you Cyco ... please add smileys when being sardonic

    I was formualting an apologetic response and then I checked the results of the last few polls and the chops involved. Man I should have seen those a week ago, saved me a lot of wasted time
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

  2. #62
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    857
    HA ! ....at least we agree on one thing ;

    Having seen the Mona Lisa in person I still think it sucks too Differnet strokes for different folks

    Bravo !!...i actually just walked away from it when i saw it.
    It Sucked. i don't mind comments neg or pos its the BS i don't like. Competitions are simply popularity contests IMO, i only enter them because its a pix i don't pick and so creates a bit of a challenge to a degree to come up with something fast. i do them for FUN. Too bad ya all dont see things that way the rest of the time here, because thats all i was doing here with this thread, offering a bit of fun during a race. You had to spoil sport it tho, shame.

    Will be doing it again tho, so you have another chance to enjoy the Daytona 500 ...lol.
    Thx for All your assist here dude. !!
    Keep up the good work.

    So accordingly if i follow your crit logic correctly, then i should be selling all the Great work that is displayed here by everyone else with the exception of mine, problem is that NOBODY wants to buy it !!!...but they want to buy mine !!!!.....hmmmm, FUNNY how that works HERE huh ?
    right.
    (i guess your gettin the caps messages by now too....thats BS FUN NOBODY FUNNY HERE.)
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 01-31-2007 at 04:06 AM.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    nr Edinburgh, Whisky-soaked Scotland
    Posts
    27,777
    Classic grab of the worm on the hook, MrD
    SO the Mona Lisa "sucked" for you --- and yet somoene says that about your chops and you get all defensive.
    You ain't no Da Vinci
    Look forward to seeing your next set, just don't SPAM other forums or web sites and dont' get shirty if anyone criticises. If you can't take criticism don't post the chops that aren't good.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

  4. #64
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    857
    Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    I was formualting an apologetic response ....

    That would be refreshing !!

  5. #65
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    857
    Yeah i think Da Vinci used the Mona lisa the same way i use some chops....to filter out the BS'ers from the real folks with understanding, cuz if ya like that crap....your gonna LOVE this next one dude !!
    Ahhh, ...the Master Artist strategy !!!
    lol

    Honestly tho man I have to give ya props because so far on the 2 new threads posted the comments are ALL about the pictures, so in that regard, whew !...maybe this was all worth it !
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 01-31-2007 at 04:15 AM.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    For Tax Purposes, Cayman Islands
    Posts
    14,580
    If people tell you your work does not meet standards, you get defensive.

    if you ask for C&C you have to take the good with the bad. and at the moment it's bad because, when compared to just about everything out there, it does not stand up.

    Accept you have some way to go and perhaps, just perhaps, i'll consider not removing you from the community.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

  7. #67
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    857
    Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    If people tell you your work does not meet standards, you get defensive.

    if you ask for C&C you have to take the good with the bad. and at the moment it's bad because, when compared to just about everything out there, it does not stand up.

    Accept you have some way to go and perhaps, just perhaps, i'll consider not removing you from the community.
    Defensive ? no. I dont have to accept BS commetary nor off topic insults nor refereneces to my business ventures that are totally, totally out of context here. That yes I get defensive about because it is Not Right ! No person should be asked to accept that without being defensive, ever.

    As for my ability, lets be honest here, 50% of most everybodys stuff is mediocre at best, Mine included but that does not make it bad at all, because you see there is someone or two out there who will absoultely think it is the best thing they have ever seen in their life.

    If this is a Fourm for "chops" then why all the fuss over WHO I AM ???...It should not matter, and it does not to me, but others have to take exception to what I do for a living because it hits too close to home for them apparently, and infuriates them that I can do what they only wish they could, and feel that they are BETTER at it than me.

    That may be true too, but should be of little matter here on a public forum. As for me, phsssh, I do the best I can and let it go, I am not young enough to expect any help from anybody, and I have to go in my own direction to get the best out of my talents, so you either accept that or you dont. Either way it is of little consequence to me.
    I am who I am.

    If honesty is unacceptable here then I will GLADLY leave of my own accord, hows that ?

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    For Tax Purposes, Cayman Islands
    Posts
    14,580
    Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    Defensive ? no. I dont have to accept BS commetary nor off topic insults nor refereneces to my business ventures that are totally, totally out of context here. That yes I get defensive about because it is Not Right ! No person should be asked to accept that without being defensive, ever.

    Who you are, and how you respond, as a member, determines just as much of your credibility as your work. at the moment your work is not up to scratch and your comments regarding it aren't either. in this thread alone you've managed to engage in 3 arguments with 3 different members.

    As for my ability, lets be honest here, 50% of most everybodys stuff is mediocre at best, Mine included but that does not make it bad at all, because you see there is someone or two out there who will absoultely think it is the best thing they have ever seen in their life.

    I think most of the people who post on UCP, with the right intentions and who are willing to accept criticism, post some remarkable work.

    And i've yet to see a member declare their amazement at your work, for the right reasons at least.


    If this is a Fourm for "chops" then why all the fuss over WHO I AM ???...It should not matter, and it does not to me, but others have to take exception to what I do for a living because it hits too close to home for them apparently, and infuriates them that I can do what they only wish they could, and feel that they are BETTER at it than me.

    Because who you are makes up just as much of the chop as your work. Great artists know that the signature on the bottom of the painting is as much a piece of the painting as it's subject matter.

    What we were mentioning is how you used your posts here on UCP to further your business by advertising - something that is explicitly forbidden in the UCP rules.


    That may be true too, but should be of little matter here on a public forum. As for me, phsssh, I do the best I can and let it go, I am not young enough to expect any help from anybody, and I have to go in my own direction to get the best out of my talents, so you either accept that or you dont. Either way it is of little consequence to me.
    I am who I am.

    If honesty is unacceptable here then I will GLADLY leave of my own accord, hows that ?
    it's not a matter of acceptance - it's a matter of realising that listening to your own opinion alone will not further you.

    If you want to believe that you left because your definition of honesty was not accepted on UCP, thats fine. but you will most certainly be leaving under false pretenses.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    nr Edinburgh, Whisky-soaked Scotland
    Posts
    27,777
    Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    Defensive ? no. I dont have to accept BS commetary nor off topic insults nor refereneces to my business ventures that are totally, totally out of context here.
    Last time reminder ... YOU brought your "business" into the conversations !!
    50% of most everybodys stuff is mediocre at best

    Most either try to LEARN if it's mediocre or stop doing it.
    Not defend it as somethign "better".
    If this is a Fourm for "chops" then why all the fuss over WHO I AM ???...It should not matter, and it does not to me
    Are you the same person who used his business to justiofy the quality of his work when others said hte CHOP was rubbish ?
    It clearly DOES matter to you and you need to learn not to take comments on what you produce as comments on your person.
    but others have to take exception to what I do for a living because it hits too close to home for them apparently, and infuriates them that I can do what they only wish they could, and feel that they are BETTER at it than me.
    That is what you have read into the criticism.
    Nobody has said htey wish they coudl do what you do.
    I do the best I can and let it go
    Clearly not or there wouldnt' be these long tirades from you on how you shouldn't be criticised etc etc
    I am not young enough to expect any help from anybody
    Wow, how old are you ... and did you REALLY mean that ?
    I'm 48 and hope as many people as possible help me in my activites and personal view of myself !!
    Either way it is of little consequence to me
    Clearly not or three wouldnt' be these long tirades from you on how you shouldn't be criticised etc etc ( ooooo deja vu )
    I am who I am.
    But perhaps need to learn how to interact a little more maturely.
    If honesty is unacceptable here then I will GLADLY leave of my own accord, hows that ?
    There seems to be only one person not handling honesty
    No need to leave, just modify your method of interacting and expectations of others and be more willing to USE criticism to improve - or not.

    I leave you in IB4R's capable hands - cheers mate )
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 01-31-2007 at 04:53 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

  10. #70
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    857
    Cant agree with most any of that sorry.
    I dont think who I am should be brought into this or anybody's picture at all ever, it is irelevant to the fact that a picture has to stand on it own merit case in point the Mona Lisa. Art is a highly subjective thing and varies from person to person, so standards of quality are also irrelevant. That is pedjudicial thinking, I have seen chops done in MS paint that are fantastic, and would no doubt be ridiculed here faster than a speeding bullet.

    In my way of thinking that is not being Honest, it is eliteist thinking and I cant agree with it. As for members here declareing there amazement of my work...well you have NOT read all of my threads then. There are a few that said exactly that !

    So accept me the way I am or I leave...so far on the new threads its all good, so lets just let it ride and see how and if any of this has a positive effect. i dont mind a good disscussion pro or con, I do mind when ignorance is allowed to rule over truth....But I guess thats another highly subjective thing too huh ? Personally I just as soon not go into any of this crap, but I am not one to back away from anything or anyone.

    I dont have a problem here at all. i just want to make sure you dont because many of the comments I get are way off topic and unapproriate, so my response my be in kind.

    Dont want a problem with me ...simple don't Start one.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    For Tax Purposes, Cayman Islands
    Posts
    14,580
    You're telling a moderator to not have a problem with your attitude?

    you're definately treading a fine line then son.

    Art is highly subjective - and as such you cannot just fob off criticism because of 'artistic differences'. it just doesn't work like that.

    we're offering you an out of the situation, and instead your giving us more attitude.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

  12. #72
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    857
    Look, it is a situation YOU are creating....Im out of it and on to other things...crit in ART is like a third nipple, basically useless to the artist. I dont mind it as its interesting but surely is not going to effect my work in any real meaningful manner.

    What i do appreceate and the only useful reason for my being here is communication and SHARING of ideas, and I think you have misunderstood me completely in that regard especially in regard to this thread and the claim I used it to advertise my site, I did NOT do that, I did NOT use it to make money either thats another misconception here, rather I offered to share and communicate during a live worldwide event by the most natural manner in which to do it ! ...I invited you all to a party (for FREE) and you are complaining that the party favors were no good !

    You dont see it that way huh ? I do. So lets just drop it and let it go, it is of little matter now anyway. The party is Over.

    Also I was not writing directly to you Mr Rainbow in my comments either, so please dont take it so personal, I only stated my feelings for the general type of response that i find to be unacceptable. I think your comments here are valid, I just dont agree with your assesment of the circumstance nor your conclusions here. But I dont see any further problems arising so ...forget it. Lets just move on and hope for better and more positive results like you said.

    We good with that ? Im 52 years old and time is short ya know ...lol

    I will assume we have resolved this matter as of Now.
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 01-31-2007 at 07:04 AM.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    3,259
    we tell you we dont like any of your work.

    you tell us that your business is incredibly successfull.

    we criticize your work and your business.

    you tell us to stop bringing up your business.

    we honestly criticize your work.

    you tell us art is subjective.

    we all dont like your art.

    you tell us how successfull your business is.

    we criticize your work and your business...... (as nauseum)
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    nr Edinburgh, Whisky-soaked Scotland
    Posts
    27,777
    Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    We good with that ? Im 52 years old and time is short ya know ....
    wtf!!!
    Jeez I was giving you some slack based on guessing from your attitude you were at best 15
    Rules is different for adults
    Don't lie, don't promote sites, don't argue ( and lie in the arguing - you have more spin than a gyroscope )
    When you say it's done then SHUT UP.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    2,975
    Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    Im 52 years old
    autozine.org

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Dodge Ram Daytona
    By McLareN in forum Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-06-2008, 03:15 AM
  2. Proximus 24 hours of Spa pix
    By Fumacher in forum Multimedia
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 11:25 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-03-2005, 05:10 PM
  4. Alpine Le Mans A442 - Victory in Le Mans 24 Hours
    By Matra et Alpine in forum General Automotive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-26-2004, 05:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •